Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
habeo123 said:
Well you happen not to fight elves on open ground with your sissy mages. Try and have some fun.

Let me phrase the first part of my answer in the way you phrased your answer:
Well you happen not to fight mages on hilly ground with your sissy archers. Try and have some fun...
Also:
Well you happen not to fight cavalary on open ground with your sissy archers. Try and have som fun...

Units doesn't need to stand an absolutely equal chance on every battlefield. The real problem arises if a unit is superior to every other unit in every situation. Which in my opinion isn't the case for bows, crossbows and 'muskets'.

[quote author=Xzayler]
Yeah... I got shot multiple timea straight in the face by forest bandits from a pretty big range.

I think too that bow/Xbow accuracy should be decrased
[/quote]

Which might be a problem with the skill of the forest bandits or their bow, but that doesn't automatically make it a problem for every long range weapon. Not to mention it also depends upon how many bandits fired upon you and whatnot.

To weaken a whole weapon line, should be the last option, especially weakening the most defining attribute of said weapon line.

But that's just my opinion.

I mightve actually judged too fast.

Nearly all of the new bows Ive seen have 99 accuracy. But first of all, I think foresst bandits aren't even using those.
Second, getting shot in the head was just bad luck, I was always waiting in the same spot, with my mages n archers taking everyone out while Id wait for the last second to charge with my infantry. And none of my units got killed in the fight. Not even the unshielded ones.
So bows seem to b ok for foreest bandits. Although elves are damn good with their bows. It fits though :smile:

Three little things:

1. Add option to giving troops to allied lords and their garrisons (no requirements when they're belong to your faction, 20-25 relation points with their kingdom when they're from another faction, I saw this solution in other mod)
2. Maybe reset Orcs height, I know it cause some problems (golems have this problem too), but small Orcs are more funny than scary  :grin:
3. Not really sugestion, I think it's obvious, that in the future demons (and more) will have new armors/weapons ? (I hope packaging all "bad guys" in Dark Lord armor is just the temporary solution because the lack of proper models  :wink: ). I think this mod needs modeler/texturer if it will still be expanded, even such two-man band as Guspav&Steve sometimes needs help :smile:

orcs should look less human now they just look like green men.. and the same with the dwarfs, look at "the last days" mod they got great orcs and dwarfs http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

edit: and why are the elves midgets?

Gozzar said:
orcs should look less human now they just look like green men.. and the
same with the dwarfs, look at "the last days" mod they got great orcs
and dwarfs http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

Easier said than done. I think that in battle, with weapons flailing around, you have bigger worries than your opponen't looks.

I admit that orcs look kinda retarded though! :grin: But I'd focus more on stuff which actually enhances gameplay rather than looks.

MasterChaosis said:
About demon invasion - demons groups should appear everywhere in the Calradia and nobody could know where the portal/s will open.
Hehe that's exactly how I did it, before you posted (great minds think alike? :razz:)

Regarding the bows, i'm not sure if iv'e referred to them in earlier posts but i'll definatly look into them when I get back.

Gozzar said:
orcs should look less human now they just look like green men.. and the same with the dwarfs, look at "the last days" mod they got great orcs and dwarfs http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/board,20.0.html

I don't know if guspav is planning on changing the existing races, i'll ask him
Regarding the elves, as much as I love LOTR guspav was aiming for more of a D&D feel rather than LOTR (They aren't so tall there :razz:)

MasterChaosis said:
Three little things:

1. Add option to giving troops to allied lords and their garrisons (no requirements when they're belong to your faction, 20-25 relation points with their kingdom when they're from another faction, I saw this solution in other mod)
2. Maybe reset Orcs height, I know it cause some problems (golems have this problem too), but small Orcs are more funny than scary  :grin:
3. Not really sugestion, I think it's obvious, that in the future demons (and more) will have new armors/weapons ? (I hope packaging all "bad guys" in Dark Lord armor is just the temporary solution because the lack of proper models  :wink: ). I think this mod needs modeler/texturer if it will still be expanded, even such two-man band as Guspav&Steve sometimes needs help :smile:

All are good suggestions, regarding the demons, we really do need some modellers, during the demon invasion they use the same armor as the ones in this version and the weapons look the same but have a new name and beefed up stats :razz:

LazySteve said:
Gozzar said:
Regarding the elves, as much as I love LOTR guspav was aiming for more of a D&D feel rather than LOTR (They aren't so tall there :razz:)

As I recall, LOTR invented tall elves.  The original mythic elves tended to be small, I almost got the impression fairy size.

Some new suggestions :grin:

1.If there are Demons, there should be their worshipers - Cultists. They will wander through the world in small groups and after invasion (and after making demons one of main factions)  form an army for human(and other races) lords of Cultist Faction (Faction forever allied with Demons, initially not existing on a map as demons faction). Cultists troops tree could contains as top-tier units non-mounted heavy armored Dark Paladin (have some dark powers) and light-armored Archpriest (can summons some hard demons also have other magic abillities), sample troops tree:

Dark Initiate ---> Black Monk ---> Demon Votary---> Demonologist ---> Demon Invocator ---> Archpriest
                \-->        Cultist  ---> Cult Murderer ---> Cult Warrior  ---> Dark Knight      ---> Dark Paladin
                                                                    \--> Cult Agent    ---> Cult Assassin

Mages/Summoners line - super light infantry, uses magic (starting from Black Monk) and can summon demons (starting from Demon Invocator).
Warriors line
-Cultist, Cult Murderer - light infantry, uses axe or sword
-Cult Warrior, Dark Knight, Dark Paladin - heavy infantry (yep, no mounted troops), uses dark hammer/mace/axe and shield or two handed hammer/axe (starting from Dark Knight)
They can use some dark powers (starting from Dark Knight)
Assassins line uses double weapons + crossbow, they are light infantry

+very strong higher-tier infantry
+summons demons to battlefield
+have 2 stealth units
+fast advance of low-tier troops
+good mages

-no cavalry
-very very weak low-tier troops
-low speed
-no pikemans
-no archers

Not really enough strong faction, but they're just support for demons :grin:

Idea about conquering world: when player choose Dark Side (player couldn't join Cultists, only demons), there could be war between Cultist and Demons when all Calradia was conquered, and player could join Cultists as their King(Master) and fight Demons, or destroy them as demons vassal :grin:

2. Faction mages for native kingdoms instead only mercenaries e.g. Sarranid Warlock, Swadian Wizard, Vaegir Sorcerer.

3.Option to recruit lord when he is your prisoner and he likes you (min. 50 relation). Also dialog option to release captured lord (+5 to relation with that lord).

4.War is sometimes cruel - cannibalism . Dialog option to kill prisoner and get some meat. Orcs likes that idea :wink:

5. New food variations, also "Siege Set" - big crate with 150-200 food rations.

Love the mod. I find though that with a good force, some of the weaker spawns become less worthwhile. I tweaked mine finally thanks to Morgh's tool to have more quantity. Have you thought about making the party spawns bigger to steer away from native? I've noticed also after fights the loot is pretty much garbage except for to gear up companions. I get it if it was intended, the problem is speccing in the loot skill seems pointless unless lord loot is better which I haven't taken on yet.

Not 100%, but I'm pretty sure loot is determined by the equipment of the enemies you fight. I get decend start-game weapons and some armor from armored skeletons.

About the looting skill, just level it up on one of your companions and u'll find u'll get better stuff.

I honestly love the design of the magic aspect in the mod (especially necromancy  :cool: ), It offers a great amount of variety to the game and offers the player a change of pace from the original combat system and allows you to gain the feeling of being powerful yet fragile especially when someone is swinging or hurling a pointy object at you.
The things I'd like to suggest are some minor things that I found a little weird or had an idea about them, about the magical aspect of the game, and I apologize if my suggestions might go against the developers vision of magic which is honestly already highly enjoyable :

• The magic systems restrictions:
As far as the restrictions I feel the same, armor should nerf the magnitude of spells, I don't really know how the current system works but I presume it's based on the armor value of an object excluding the hands and feet armor or it's as easy as that that every armor has it's own static magic hindrance modifier added to them, I would suggest that instead of all armor hinder the spells and the others like the mage armor does not it should be hindered by the players encumbrance or the weight of the armor, the reason I would suggest is that magic is in most cases a skill that relies on concentration not what armor you wear (well if it's an uncomfortable armor that's another story) , the heavier you are the more harder it is for the mage to keep his concentration (ever tried to solve a math problem when something was distracting you? Well that's about it, you can solve it of course if you know how it but there will be a bigger margin of error as you are distracted) on invoking a spell. This would make the magic system more dynamic as the weight and allows the players to wear armor while casting magic and making it a viable option even thought it wouldn't be as effective as wearing a robe that enhances magic while being light weight. I actually tested it out wearing Light Leather armor and a Desert Turban with magic power 5. I would personally evaluate those pieces armor to cause a rather low hindrance to the magic spells as they are made of leather and cloth. I'm not quite sure if i had a glitch with the system or something else but the damage I caused while casting a fireball or magic missle was 0 with an occasional hit with damage. I will test it out again later today after re-downloading the mod to make sure I haven't accidentally changed anything vital of the game system when I changed the cattle to follow me instead of driving them foward.
Why, yes I'm an evil person who has modified a module file to fix a thing that kept annoying me, hate me for it, hate me Muahaa  :twisted:
  • Necromancy
I love it.
But i feel wierd that a person with 10 points in necromancy will still lose 90% of the health while rising some zombies  and still receive the same amount of undead as a a person with 1 point in necromancy.
A semi-reason for it being like that is that Calradia is full of battlefields so corpses should be readily available everywhere
If I have bodies lying everywhere and I'm efficient  enough in necromancy I'd say I should be able to resurrect more of them.
  • Magic points
The current system is good but I find it quite restricted in comparison of a warrior or archer who gain damage bonus from an attribute while mages gain no bonuses from them so if it is possible to do I would like to suggest that mages gain a +1 magic point from 1 point of intelligence. To balance that mages wouldn't gain too large magic pool they should not gain MP from magic power skill which would only scale the damage of spells and allows you to learn more powerful spells.
Another Idea in this could be that even learning spells would be governed by intelligence, and you would learn them by reading a book. For example, you buy a book from a book vendor (Could be cool to rename it to Teacher of magic or something like that) called Grimoire: Maginarium of Inferno. It has a intelligence restriction of 12. Let's say you have that 12 points in intelligence and you select that book to read, once you have read the book you gain a notification that you have learned a new spell.

Since elves live in the forest and a lot of their land is gonna be covered by it, would it be a good idea to decrease their speed penalty while walking in forests? Cuz otherwise maybe they wont have to time to help defend their fiefs.

Hey everyone I have exactly 1 minute to write this so I'll make it quick.
I'm getting back from my vacation in a couple of days and I'll be able to address everyone properly, I just wanted you all to know that your suggestions are not ignored even if there's no response to them, sometimes we just feel it doesn't need one and someonetimes it just takes us a while to get to it, anyway keep up posting these great suggestions and remember that they are all noted, and even if we don't apply some of them you still might have given us a great idea for a similiar thing and given us your feedback to ponder on so no idea ever really goes to waste!

We could use some morale tweaks, I think, and some Diplomacy options/extra staff. For example, I'd like to discuss raising levies at the castle I own, but there's no castellion. I'd like to be able to raise morale in taverns or with feasts, or with special items (like Pendor and Britenwalda), because the NPC armies are huge, and getting to that large without throwing all my points into Charisma is next to impossible, and not much fun. This would be a cool mod to implement garrisons and strongholds with, as well.

Morale tweaks most of all, though.

I think Pre-Battle Orders&Deployment (POD) and Diplomacy mod are a kind of must have in mods. Especially for ppl who've played with them b4. Its annoying how I cant position troops in any other formation than a line, and that at the beginning of each battle I have to tell everyone to stop charging.
Also, a big problem I have is with Dwarven Paragons who always use their throwing weapons while everyone else charges in. In POD u can tell the troops to use specific kind of weapons

thomasNL01 said:
Just tell infantry to hold their fire.

Lol, u can do that? Thanks that helps. Still, it would be nicer if I could at least form ranks with my troops without making multiple groups. And then Diplomacy mod is just... Needed. It would improve gameplay a lot

Diplomacy is not compatible with Phantasy (too many changes in source, so there were errors when Guspav tried to incorporate Diplomacy), I think mod will have it's own "diplomacy system" in the future.

I'm back! :grin:

MasterChaosis said:
Some new suggestions :grin:

1.If there are Demons, there should be their worshipers - Cultists. They will wander through the world in small groups and after invasion (and after making demons one of main factions)  form an army for human(and other races) lords of Cultist Faction (Faction forever allied with Demons, initially not existing on a map as demons faction). Cultists troops tree could contains as top-tier units non-mounted heavy armored Dark Paladin (have some dark powers) and light-armored Archpriest (can summons some hard demons also have other magic abillities), sample troops tree:

Dark Initiate ---> Black Monk ---> Demon Votary---> Demonologist ---> Demon Invocator ---> Archpriest
                \-->        Cultist  ---> Cult Murderer ---> Cult Warrior  ---> Dark Knight      ---> Dark Paladin
                                                                    \--> Cult Agent    ---> Cult Assassin

Mages/Summoners line - super light infantry, uses magic (starting from Black Monk) and can summon demons (starting from Demon Invocator).
Warriors line
-Cultist, Cult Murderer - light infantry, uses axe or sword
-Cult Warrior, Dark Knight, Dark Paladin - heavy infantry (yep, no mounted troops), uses dark hammer/mace/axe and shield or two handed hammer/axe (starting from Dark Knight)
They can use some dark powers (starting from Dark Knight)
Assassins line uses double weapons + crossbow, they are light infantry

+very strong higher-tier infantry
+summons demons to battlefield
+have 2 stealth units
+fast advance of low-tier troops
+good mages

-no cavalry
-very very weak low-tier troops
-low speed
-no pikemans
-no archers

Not really enough strong faction, but they're just support for demons :grin:

Idea about conquering world: when player choose Dark Side (player couldn't join Cultists, only demons), there could be war between Cultist and Demons when all Calradia was conquered, and player could join Cultists as their King(Master) and fight Demons, or destroy them as demons vassal :grin:

2. Faction mages for native kingdoms instead only mercenaries e.g. Sarranid Warlock, Swadian Wizard, Vaegir Sorcerer.

3.Option to recruit lord when he is your prisoner and he likes you (min. 50 relation). Also dialog option to release captured lord (+5 to relation with that lord).

4.War is sometimes cruel - cannibalism . Dialog option to kill prisoner and get some meat. Orcs likes that idea :wink:

5. New food variations, also "Siege Set" - big crate with 150-200 food rations.

1. I like the idea, but I am not sure what you mean by demon summoning, mid-battle summoning? with like demons spawning out of nowhere? That might be hard to do (Guspav would have to do something like that as I believe it's out of my league)
Also, I think it might be more fitting if at least in the first 3 tiers their archery troop line is mostly crossbows and not mages, because just praising demons doesn't just bestow magical power upon anyone, and maybe a generally separate mage tree for them that would be higher tier (although very few of them).

2. will ask guspav :razz: honestly have no opinion upon this as I have neglected the regular factions during my plays >.<

3. Hehe, was thinking that myself, will add it when I get some free time.

4.  :shock: will ask guspav, don't know how to comment on that lol

5. I like that, might add it myself someday :smile:
Surmene said:
Love the mod. I find though that with a good force, some of the weaker spawns become less worthwhile. I tweaked mine finally thanks to Morgh's tool to have more quantity. Have you thought about making the party spawns bigger to steer away from native? I've noticed also after fights the loot is pretty much garbage except for to gear up companions. I get it if it was intended, the problem is speccing in the loot skill seems pointless unless lord loot is better which I haven't taken on yet.
The parties are actually pretty big, you might have been seeing weakened versions of them (attacked by lord) though I guess I could increase it a bit (with guspav's permission :lol:)

Like xzayler said, it depends on what you were fighting, and the higher the highest looting skill in your party is (i'd suggest invest in a looting companion) the more chances of you getting a better piece, although quantity will always be high due to high amount of troops (usually crappy items because weak troops are the most common)

MR. Sparrow said:
I honestly love the design of the magic aspect in the mod (especially necromancy  :cool: ), It offers a great amount of variety to the game and offers the player a change of pace from the original combat system and allows you to gain the feeling of being powerful yet fragile especially when someone is swinging or hurling a pointy object at you.
The things I'd like to suggest are some minor things that I found a little weird or had an idea about them, about the magical aspect of the game, and I apologize if my suggestions might go against the developers vision of magic which is honestly already highly enjoyable :

• The magic systems restrictions:
As far as the restrictions I feel the same, armor should nerf the magnitude of spells, I don't really know how the current system works but I presume it's based on the armor value of an object excluding the hands and feet armor or it's as easy as that that every armor has it's own static magic hindrance modifier added to them, I would suggest that instead of all armor hinder the spells and the others like the mage armor does not it should be hindered by the players encumbrance or the weight of the armor, the reason I would suggest is that magic is in most cases a skill that relies on concentration not what armor you wear (well if it's an uncomfortable armor that's another story) , the heavier you are the more harder it is for the mage to keep his concentration (ever tried to solve a math problem when something was distracting you? Well that's about it, you can solve it of course if you know how it but there will be a bigger margin of error as you are distracted) on invoking a spell. This would make the magic system more dynamic as the weight and allows the players to wear armor while casting magic and making it a viable option even thought it wouldn't be as effective as wearing a robe that enhances magic while being light weight. I actually tested it out wearing Light Leather armor and a Desert Turban with magic power 5. I would personally evaluate those pieces armor to cause a rather low hindrance to the magic spells as they are made of leather and cloth. I'm not quite sure if i had a glitch with the system or something else but the damage I caused while casting a fireball or magic missle was 0 with an occasional hit with damage. I will test it out again later today after re-downloading the mod to make sure I haven't accidentally changed anything vital of the game system when I changed the cattle to follow me instead of driving them foward.
Why, yes I'm an evil person who has modified a module file to fix a thing that kept annoying me, hate me for it, hate me Muahaa  :twisted:
  • Necromancy
I love it.
But i feel wierd that a person with 10 points in necromancy will still lose 90% of the health while rising some zombies  and still receive the same amount of undead as a a person with 1 point in necromancy.
A semi-reason for it being like that is that Calradia is full of battlefields so corpses should be readily available everywhere
If I have bodies lying everywhere and I'm efficient  enough in necromancy I'd say I should be able to resurrect more of them.
  • Magic points
The current system is good but I find it quite restricted in comparison of a warrior or archer who gain damage bonus from an attribute while mages gain no bonuses from them so if it is possible to do I would like to suggest that mages gain a +1 magic point from 1 point of intelligence. To balance that mages wouldn't gain too large magic pool they should not gain MP from magic power skill which would only scale the damage of spells and allows you to learn more powerful spells.
Another Idea in this could be that even learning spells would be governed by intelligence, and you would learn them by reading a book. For example, you buy a book from a book vendor (Could be cool to rename it to Teacher of magic or something like that) called Grimoire: Maginarium of Inferno. It has a intelligence restriction of 12. Let's say you have that 12 points in intelligence and you select that book to read, once you have read the book you gain a notification that you have learned a new spell.
Sadly I can't really reply to your suggestion, the magic system was made entirely by guspav so I feel that any changes to it should be decided by him. So i'll wait for him to reply (guspav, are you there?).

Xzayler said:
Since elves live in the forest and a lot of their land is gonna be covered by it, would it be a good idea to decrease their speed penalty while walking in forests? Cuz otherwise maybe they wont have to time to help defend their fiefs.

Quite a nice idea, will look into it later :wink:

quicksilver67 said:
We could use some morale tweaks, I think, and some Diplomacy options/extra staff. For example, I'd like to discuss raising levies at the castle I own, but there's no castellion. I'd like to be able to raise morale in taverns or with feasts, or with special items (like Pendor and Britenwalda), because the NPC armies are huge, and getting to that large without throwing all my points into Charisma is next to impossible, and not much fun. This would be a cool mod to implement garrisons and strongholds with, as well.

Morale tweaks most of all, though.

Morale tweaks have been in planning for quite a while, one of us will get to it soon enough :razz:

Xzayler said:
I think Pre-Battle Orders&Deployment (POD) and Diplomacy mod are a kind of must have in mods. Especially for ppl who've played with them b4. Its annoying how I cant position troops in any other formation than a line, and that at the beginning of each battle I have to tell everyone to stop charging.
Also, a big problem I have is with Dwarven Paragons who always use their throwing weapons while everyone else charges in. In POD u can tell the troops to use specific kind of weapons

Sadly, diplomacy is not compatible with this mod.
Regarding POD, i'm not sure if guspav wants it in the mod, it's kind of his decision though i'll ask, and if you want your paragons not to use thrown weapons just click 1 (Infantry) -> F3 -> F1 (Hold your fire!), this will make them use melee weapons only :smile:

1.I was thinking about summoning spells - when mage cast that kind of spell he can't do anything for a while, receiving damage will interrupt spell,  anyway spell will fail or not, mana is taken. When a cast was successful, 1 summoned creature will appears next to conjurer.

Demon Votary could be renamed to Dark Priest (anyway, all of names are just examples  :wink: ). Agreed, low tier of conjurers tree could use crossbows, weak magic for them was just suggested by the fact that Blazing Hand monks uses magic missiles :wink:

Also Ridas could have summoners in their ranks - they would summon e.g. elementals.

Edit:

4. I saw that solution in one mod, sometimes it was really useful  :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom