Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

SVN allows for comments/changelog on each commit, but so far, the feature seems to be utilized rather sparingly.

right-click on the totsk folder -> TortoiseSVN -> show log

Please , do not forget Ottomans.. I always get sad when I see Ottomans are not considered as a big nation.Ottomans are way too active in European History.

Even there is a word which says " If the Ottoman History Archive were completely defined and read , whole Europe History were needed to be written all over again"

If you look after it more seriously,my Turkish friends would be fanatic of this mod

Riqposso said:
Please , do not forget Ottomans.. I always get sad when I see Ottomans are not considered as a big nation.Ottomans are way too active in European History.

Even there is a word which says " If the Ottoman History Archive were completely defined and read , whole Europe History were needed to be written all over again"

If you look after it more seriously,my Turkish friends would be fanatic of this mod

You either did not download the mod before posting this or you're trolling. Because if you had bothered to download the mod you'd have noticed the Ottomans are a faction and are already present in the mod.

It's already been suggested at the first page, but I've not seen any answer so I re suggest: Remove any unnecesary textures. The mod has almost 1gb of textures, it demands an incredible ammount of memory to play. And I believe that 4/5 of the textures are unnecesary (we have almost 10 kind of infantry for each faction). I know you are trying to recreate as accurate as posible but this way the mod is almost unplayable.

Warband needs 1gb of RAM, spite of having 2 I can't run this mod smoothly. It's really annoying.

TOTSK is a really good mod, will be better when the devs find a solution to the 'cavalry effect' so its really a shame.

Glockman said:
It's already been suggested at the first page, but I've not seen any answer so I re suggest: Remove any unnecesary textures. The mod has almost 1gb of textures, it demands an incredible ammount of memory to play. And I believe that 4/5 of the textures are unnecesary (we have almost 10 kind of infantry for each faction). I know you are trying to recreate as accurate as posible but this way the mod is almost unplayable.

Warband needs 1gb of RAM, spite of having 2 I can't run this mod smoothly. It's really annoying.

TOTSK is a really good mod, will be better when the devs find a solution to the 'cavalry effect' so its really a shame.
solution=spend more money to get more memory

Bloodbeag said:
Glockman said:

solution=spend more money to get more memory

We do plan to trim the mod and in fact we already had before the mod's release (it was at one point over 5gbs). However if you're gaming on less than 8 or 16gb's of memory you're really not getting your money's worth even for an older game like Warband. I would also suggest an upgrade to 8 or 16 just to have some piece of mind. We can streamline and this will still be a big mod and regiments may go up to 18 per faction if we carry out our plans. Just a head's up!

Is it possible to implement the options of WFAS regarding the captured lords? You can talk to a captured lord via the party menu with options to release him instantly, release him on a ransom or leave him as a prisoner.

With the ocean crossing. I'd like the crossings to not just be re-textured ground.

If you had it so ships were actually used in this mod that'd be awesome. or possibly have navies? just to be that much cooler.

Freighttrain4 said:
With the ocean crossing. I'd like the crossings to not just be re-textured ground.

If you had it so ships were actually used in this mod that'd be awesome. or possibly have navies? just to be that much cooler.

Agreed. There are several mods with ship travelling implemented, it would be interesting to see how those naval battles would turn out with firearms cannons.

Freighttrain4 said:

There might be some ship battle scenes made at some point but forget ships moving in the water and firing cannons at each other. That won't happen. It would probably never look as good as Empire Total War anyway and since our two wars were mostly land affairs that's our focus.

It's a question of whether every general should be carrying the Tsar's personal standard against regulations, or should they all carry a naval ensign because it's today the national flag. Both are wrong, but both are reasonable compromises. It's better than giving a hundred plus NPCs unique coats of arms based on their historical arms.

At the very least, the flag should be reversed so red is at the bottom and white is at the top.

Back
Top Bottom