Suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Furrnox

Master Knight
Game improvements

Changes
- Nerf fists I can get owned by fists in melee when I use a musket -_-
- Make the muskets a little more accurate can't hit anything if i ain't 1meter away xD
- Swords is a little slow in my opinion.
- Make it so you can pick up your musket if you accidentally drop it.

Leave your own Suggestions here aswell for how to improve the mod. :grin:

I repost here my thoughts here and no I have not developed any scripting skills since we last discussed it.

Version 2

* Wavespawn - rather then individual/instant/no spawn -  "Hold on lads! Do not die unless I tell you, or we lose the fight" "The reinforcements are here Sir!" "Thank God! not a moment to late" kinda feeling.
* Flag names - It got alot better when you improved the visibility of the flags but still a name would do wonders for immersion
* Bigger visual difference in ranks, maybe even equipment
* Artillery / Sappers are on my wish list as well as many others
* The weapons feel very similar but with a small "edge". I can't decide if it is a good thing or not. I probably do
* A trench map

Otherwise I like the maps better then MM. One can really see that they are designed with 200 ppl LB in mind.

The combat feels faster then MM. The sounds are acceptable (intro music = superb choice). And finally people sometimes choose the ugliest things to wear and, as in real life, I laugh at them.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,8652.msg831740.html#msg831740
that code should allow cannons. also, age of false innocence is OSP and if you look in the BRFs they have 2 or 3 cannon models

also, maybe a way to control bots and and make them use your custom uniform.

If you by any chance.. could change the melee to MM style.. no side swings.. just down stab.. and up swings.. I could get a lot of people into this. Nothing was more enjoyable than MM melee.

I vote with what wouter said. Im sure i could get my guys in the game once its two directional attacks, granted four attacks is meh..... but two for old MM sake I'd love it.

Ej777 said:
I agree with both of the gentlemen above me. Four directional attack is nice, but nothing's better than old-school MM combat. I'd love to see that implemented.

:wink: i like the 4 way, but the swings always knocks people down

Windbusche said:
wouter227 said:
You'd be shocked how many people would play this game if it was MM style melee :smile:
He is quite right.

I'm torn as whether to accept the fact that i'd get my ass handed to me by spin stabbing, or make up some delinquent excuse as to avoid the fact that I suck in melee with Muskets :razz:

Edit*

Right, after a fairly long play-through earlier, myself and some of my men came up with a list of things we'd personally like to see added/changed/fixed.

- Addition of Lancers/Spear armed cavalry
- MM style of melee combat for the Musket and Spontoon (two attack directions)
- Fix Rifle bug (constantly shoot at ground)
- Increase Musket accuracy
- Decrease Pistol accuracy
- Remove two handers from Heavy Cavalry

I know that the last two may seem fairly redundant due to multiple musket types with different effects, but even the musket designed for shooting can't hit anything more than 5ft in-front of it, and with the pistol being far more accurate than it at range, it may be an idea to decrease pistol accuracy to a reasonable level.

I agree with EJ, seriously I would love the see MM combat, (i know this is your mod) but seriously guys, My men and alot of others would like to have that implemented

+1 to MM combat.
I feel it would help the community grow, by making the melee easier to adapt to (Due to having less attack directions) and also by bringing back old MM veterans - So you'd also have some veteran leaders in the community.

Windbusche said:
+1 to MM combat.
I feel it would help the community grow, by making the melee easier to adapt to (Due to having less attack directions) and also by bringing back old MM veterans - So you'd also have some veteran leaders in the community.

That, and it'd be a lot easier to avoid unnecessary team-killing in a group fight. The amount of times i'm hitting Death in the thigh with my musket right now is too damn high...

Two directional vs Four directional combat?

MM : Left, Right, Stab, Overheader. 4+Directional Block

Conquest: Left, Right, Stab, Overheader. 4+Directional Block

Am I missing the finer points of combat?

Kinda reminds me of the conversation between Simmons and Tuckers in Red vs Blue S8E10 (7:24) while Tex is beating the living [censored] out of the guys

Simmons said:
You gotta help us! Do you know how to use that thing?!?
Tucker said:
My sword? [censored] yeah, I know how to use it. What is there to know about Swisch-Swisch-Stab!? It's a [censored] sword, dude, not a fighter jet.

Personally don't see any reason to dumb down the combat anymore than it already is. My IRL sword training is already in the way as it is now.

Primetarget said:
Two directional vs Four directional combat?

MM : Left, Right, Stab, Overheader. 4+Directional Block

Conquest: Left, Right, Stab, Overheader. 4+Directional Block

Am I missing the finer points of combat?

Kinda reminds me of the conversation between Simmons and Tuckers in Red vs Blue S8E10 (7:24) while Tex is beating the living [censored] out of the guys

Simmons said:
You gotta help us! Do you know how to use that thing?!?
Tucker said:
My sword? [censored] yeah, I know how to use it. What is there to know about Swisch-Swisch-Stab!? It's a [censored] sword, dude, not a fighter jet.

Personally don't see any reason to dumb down the combat anymore than it already is. My IRL sword training is already in the way as it is now.

Not talking about swords, we're all refering to the Bayonet attack. That, and we're all reveling in nostalgia right now..

And the Bayonet attacks in MM were: Stab, Overhead, 4+ directional block.

+1 to MM style combat (ah nostalgia)
+1 to lancers
+1 to arty

Oh yes and one massivly imporating thing I would like to see:
FLAGS

Back
Top Bottom