Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

MAXHARDMAN

Knight
Message to the community about the development of the mod: 

The main thing is that I want to cross the global strategy of the TOTAL WAR series from CA with the combat and RPG sistem of M&B.

In future versions it is planned to make an economy, the AI and the player will get money from taxing the provinces, ransoming prisoners, caravan activity, and building buildings that give money (market, bank, port, etc.). The buildings that have been built will be able to be seen when visiting the settlement. Money will be spent for hiring and the upkeeping of armies, and garrisons, the putting up of buildings that will produce/train different types of soldiers (i.e. militia training camp, archers' firing range, cavalry stables, barracks, etc.). it will be able to build various fortifications, such as fences, walls, towers, moat, etc. Player will be able to give orders to allied armies. Will change the battle AI, the strategic AI should be come much more clever, and will attack, having a strategic reserve and when outnumbering.
Will make a diplomacy -for exemple, if your two enemies don't like you more then self then they will ally against you and make a joint attack on your kingdom.   

So far everything I know how to realise everything that I have listed

Then I need to make a bigger map (so I can get more settlements in)

What I need:
1. time and lots of it
2. your help in testing (just enjoy the game but if you notice a bug - please write in this page !)

If someone knows how to mod - I will take any help - welcome to the team!

If you have content (stuff, scenes, models, icons, whatever) that you want top include in the mod, I will gladly accept help .
Also if you have any ideas for the development of the mod and/or entering content from other mods, please write, I will think about all of them.

Sincerely yours - NIKO aka MAXHARDMEN

When I saw the map you are preparing an idea kicked me in the head  :mrgreen:
I would like to have historicaly correct units.
And I would like to have real factions,I mean change the calradian ones to some real factions e.g. Saxons,Franks or later France,Holy Roman Empire etc.
If you will make it this way I will be happy to help with the research of units, find new names for the villages and castles, make you the troop trees, hunt for the textures for ya and maybe make some easy uv mapping, help with some easy scripting with troops.py or items.py  :grin:

Oh and have you considered implementing the Real Combat mode?

to McLenin
Yes im write from start, im plan leave Calradia world. But this time not now , later , after im write most part of coding ( i take this way , becouse im no need for now make troops and other things :wink: ) Ofcouse im use all help you may give !  :wink: BUT im not shure now about TIME PERIOD ( BUT shure about place  :wink: All Evrope , Middle Asia , Russia ofcouse  :wink: and Northen Africa + Egypt, maybe East coast of America later  :wink:) MIDDLE AGES : TOTAL WAR ( yap Medieval is copyright  :lol: :razz: )

Hm  :???: logo - its mean picture, or text ( i think text "total war" is not may be copyright, becouse its not brand, but 2 normal words ?) ? Im dont think about before  :???:

As a setting, I don't think you could possibly get better than the Balkans, Anatolia, Russia, and Turkey 1400 AD.

I really think the best such setting would be mid 14th century Europe. You would have the Hundred Years War raging in France, the Recoquista in Spain, the Baltic Crusades in Lithuania, The Mongol invasion in Eastern Europe and the last Crusades in the Middle East. I can't think of any more action filled age in European Medieval history.

The limits M&B has on map size and the amount of towns might be an issue, but I hope it won't be too much of one.

If you did go for that period though, ýou might be able to use the huge amounts of English,French and Holy Roman Empire armor and horses; but that depends on Gandalf, of course.

to Hallequin
Good point, but im not shure yet  :wink:

About map i dont realy final make it, just try for interesting  :wink:  BTW how match citys(objects) i may make on map ? ( nomber limit ? ) Im thinking about 100-200 citys  :shock:  :lol:

About armour and other staff, yes i hope use all works, that i may take  :wink: ( with credits and with permissions ofcous  :wink: )

Hallequin said:
I really think the best such setting would be mid 14th century Europe. You would have the Hundred Years War raging in France, the Recoquista in Spain, the Baltic Crusades in Lithuania, The Mongol invasion in Eastern Europe and the last Crusades in the Middle East. I can't think of any more action filled age in European Medieval history. lol, you are wrong. There wasn't a more war ridden zone during that time period than the area around the Balkans, Turkey, and Anatolia.

The limits M&B has on map size and the amount of towns might be an issue, but I hope it won't be too much of one.

If you did go for that period though, ýou might be able to use the huge amounts of English,French and Holy Roman Empire armor and horses; but that depends on Gandalf, of course.

If you do pick this, you will need to include LOTS of Gothic Fluted armour. :wink:

Vuk

vuk said:
lol, you are wrong. There wasn't a more war ridden zone during that time period than the area around the Balkans, Turkey, and Anatolia.

What I am offering is a period of widespread confllict in all of europe, offering lots of variety, and not just what happened during that time in your back yard.

He has. He's going to use Janus' installer, just there has only ever been one version without a bugfix. Next version - good installer.

Hallequin said:
vuk said:
lol, you are wrong. There wasn't a more war ridden zone during that time period than the area around the Balkans, Turkey, and Anatolia.

What I am offering is a period of widespread confllict in all of europe, offering lots of variety, and not just what happened during that time in your back yard.

My backyard is America. :wink:
There was never a more turbulent time or place than the Balkans from 1200 - 1600.

Vuk

Hehe here is my suggestion.

BE able to join any faction by meaning lesser fractions.

I all ways hated when i could not join battles between 2 enemys .

The menu for that should be like this.

"Don't get involved"
  "Help [Side 1]"     
  "Help [Side 2]"
  "Attack Both parties"   

Morgoth2005 said:
Suggestion, change the title. People get confused between Calradia at WAr and Calradia Total War.

Yeah that's truth at one point i thought they were the same mod.

Back
Top Bottom