Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

TheBoberton said:
Aye, they are, which is why I'm surprised that you think an experienced lancer is at any kind of disadvantage. Assuming for a moment the the lancer has any idea what he's doing, he can easily outmaneuver his foe, and bring his lance to bear in either a normal stab, or even a couch if he can get enough distance between himself and the enemy.

In the case of hussars, Lancers will have the slower horses, both in manouvering and in raw speed. As Such, it is no art to get in within sabre range when facing an enemy lancer, as he will have one stab at you before he either has to draw his sabre or pull out, which, of course, he often can not, due to the speed.

This one stab is easily avoidable, either trough banking, or trough blocking down. Blocking down is not recomended as a hussar, but as Heavy cavalry, your horse can survive any eventual hits. The problem I belive exist is that lancers often have one single stab with the lance, and then the enemy is to close for the weapon to be effective. If they could block like in MM, they could block the swing and retreat out of sabre reach once more.

TheBoberton said:
Also, I dunno if you've ever tried swinging about a lance to block, whilst the wind is pulling on that nice flag on the point, and while going full speed on a horse, but I'm certain it isn't as simple as bringing up a sabre to do the same.

Have you ever tried stabbing a horse running straight at you with a bayonet? Have you ever tried getting ran over by a 500 Kilogram heavy horse at full gallop, only to rise 1-2 seconds later taking less damage then the cut of a damned butterknife?

Realism is not exactly common in all cases.

Talii said:
In the case of hussars, Lancers will have the slower horses, both in manouvering and in raw speed. As Such, it is no art to get in within sabre range when facing an enemy lancer, as he will have one stab at you before he either has to draw his sabre or pull out, which, of course, he often can not, due to the speed.

Yep, and this is where skill comes into play. The trick is to keep the hussar at bay with a prepared attack long enough to get him into a disadvantageous position.

Also, if you want to use the argument of 'one stab', then I'm sure there are some infantrymen who would love to bring up that they only get a single shot against dragoons. (See 'Dragoons are getting ridiculous', here.)

Talii said:
This one stab is easily avoidable, either trough banking, or trough blocking down.

Aye, and if you waste your stab against a block, then you deserve the death that follows. The trick is to know when to use it, or when to attempt to keep your enemy from attacking. (He has to close with you in order to attack, and then release his block, at which point you can generally attack his horse and force him to back off, given that you've not used your one stab.)

Talii said:
Blocking down is not recomended as a hussar, but as Heavy cavalry, your horse can survive any eventual hits. The problem I belive exist is that lancers often have one single stab with the lance, and then the enemy is to close for the weapon to be effective. If they could block like in MM, they could block the swing and retreat out of sabre reach once more.

This also applies to hussars against heavy cavalry, if you wish to bring it up. All a heavy cavalryman has to do is block, and take the damage to his horse, then start swinging away with his meter-long stick of death. This is, of course, ignoring the fact that all lancers and hussars are faster than heavy cavalry.

Talii said:
Have you ever tried stabbing a horse running straight at you with a bayonet? Have you ever tried getting ran over by a 500 Kilogram heavy horse at full gallop, only to rise 1-2 seconds later taking less damage then the cut of a damned butterknife?

Realism is not exactly common in all cases.

Oh, we're arguing against realism here?

Does this mean that I will be able to block with my bottle again?

Lommo said:
what does this even mean? if you want to contribute, say something constructive instead of trying to sound smart.

keep it simple stupid

I have, but of course you prefer to ignore my points in order to insult me. You sir, are the greatest example of this community's feelings towards those who disagree with them, that I've ever seen.

Also, it means that turning a long pole 90 degrees, whilst under the various stresses caused by riding a horse at full gallop is physically straining, to the point where it's easier to draw a sabre and use it.

Fix the glow in the dark tree´s there like glowing when its dawn
Its weird... or is it just me??

Edit:
Wheres my manors,
Please?

Remove Ardennes ( Or what it's called ), The huge Snow-Map, From EU1 Rotation. It's to big for Public play, and most rounds on it ends by time running out.

Also, increase the damage taken by getting ran over by a horse, as it now deals less then a cut with the Sabre Briquet, which is plain silly.

Talii said:
Remove Ardennes ( Or what it's called ), The huge Snow-Map, From EU1 Rotation. It's to big for Public play, and most rounds on it ends by time running out.

Also, increase the damage taken by getting ran over by a horse, as it now deals less then a cut with the Sabre Briquet, which is plain silly.

Yeah, please remove Ardennes from the official server map rotations please, that would be like putting Waterloo on the rotation of MM_US_Official.

Remove ardennes from map rotation. Constant crashes and every round ending as draw isn't fun for anyone.

Can I petition to make inaccessible half the buildings, rooms and haystacks from like, every map?

It's not driveby goons that make rounds interminable, common complaints aside, it's some awful goddamn sapper who walls himself in at an alcove on the uppermost floor (every entrance barricaded) of the tallest building (earthworks at the door) across the only bridge (which was blown up). Usually with one buddy who wastes his only shot when the fortifications are finally breached and dies to the first bayonet stab.

TheBoberton said:
Aye, they are, which is why I'm surprised that you think an experienced lancer is at any kind of disadvantage. Assuming for a moment the the lancer has any idea what he's doing, he can easily outmaneuver his foe, and bring his lance to bear in either a normal stab, or even a couch if he can get enough distance between himself and the enemy.

Maybe, but going by that standard there's exactly three lancers with any idea about what they're doing on all NA servers combined.

Pelgrane said:
TheBoberton said:

Maybe, but going by that standard there's exactly three lancers with any idea about what they're doing on all NA servers combined.

Excuse me?

Epicrules said:
Pelgrane said:
TheBoberton said:

Excuse me?

Heh. The number of lancer players that can reliably kill a good hussar is very, very, very low.

If that wasn't the case I wouldn't be able to pick up a lance off the ground whenever I wanted. Now a hussar with a lance is something completely different, but we aren't talking about that situation.

You guys removing the Ardennes map from rotation is a job for individual server admins, not for the devs. And I personally say don't remove it, it's beautiful lol

I know faction suggestions are frowned upon but I think this idea is a rather good one and I haven't seen it on here before.

What about a "Rebels" faction? I think this would be an interesting idea and relevant because rebels caused problems for Napoleon several times during the Napoleonic Wars, there's even a book called "Napoleon's Other War: Bandits, Rebels and Their Pursuers in the Age of Revolutions", and you could really get a lot of neat and interesting gameplay out of it.

Classes could be things like
- Spanish Guerrillas
- Boers (Dutch/Belgian peasants but it also included some Germans)
- Irish rebels
- Cossacks
- Mamluks perhaps?

One could also include highwaymen, bandits, and whatnot for more variety. I just feel like this would spice things up a bit and could make for very unique and interesting gameplay. I know it would be a lot of work, although from Vincenzo's replies to other suggestions everything seems to be too much work :???: but the work would be well worth the effort.

It's a matter of variety, and it would be better than adding separate factions for each of them. It's just a way to bring in different and interesting new gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom