Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

This has been said before but I will say again:

Add VOIP Support within Team Classes, and All Talk at end of rounds.
Reassign Build Points to a player-by-player basis to prevent Build Point Hoarding.
Change Default Build Points for Servers to be higher for Defenders on Siege maps.
Add damage for players jumping over obstacles (e.g. spiked barricades).
Update the targeting reticule for artillery users so it is easier to gauge accuracy of shots.
Tweak Sappeur class so building is less sensitive to hit direction on higher ping occurences.
Fix the performance hit on the Spawn Menu.
Streamline floating friendly player markers to match the team insignia (in TDM/Siege or other team-based modes).
Add a Line Battle mode with a modified spawn routine.
Assign music settings to server, so that all players hear the same song in the same order at the same time.
Add Server Tools in the Steam Tools Menu for Steam users.

Will add more as I come up with more.

Regards,

-A4

a4especibot said:
This has been said before but I will say again:

Add VOIP Support within Team Classes, and All Talk at end of rounds.
Reassign Build Points to a player-by-player basis to prevent Build Point Hoarding.
Change Default Build Points for Servers to be higher for Defenders on Siege maps.
Add damage for players jumping over obstacles (e.g. spiked barricades).
Update the targeting reticule for artillery users so it is easier to gauge accuracy of shots.
Tweak Sappeur class so building is less sensitive to hit direction on higher ping occurences.
Fix the performance hit on the Spawn Menu.
Streamline floating friendly player markers to match the team insignia (in TDM/Siege or other team-based modes).
Add a Line Battle mode with a modified spawn routine.
Assign music settings to server, so that all players hear the same song in the same order at the same time.
Add Server Tools in the Steam Tools Menu for Steam users.

Will add more as I come up with more.

Regards,

-A4

Do you think they will add any of that? The only thing I see them adding is patches, minor updates and what not. And why would you gain damage by jumping over a obstacles spikes? If you jumped over the spikes you did not hit them or touch them therefor they shouldn't give you damage. And why do you need VoIP if you have Team Speak, and the people talking on VoIP could be annoying as hell so there better be a mute feature if its added. Theres also a linebattle mode, its called Battle. Though I do agree with your comments about sappuer hit direction and cannon aiming.

I'd like to have a way to retrieve the server's introductory message, IP address etc. while playing the game. That way you can tell people what server you're currently in if you had forgotten.

(This is basically a Warband suggestion)

Adding letters such as; å, ä, ö would be awesome in the character customization.

How about being able to load two canister shots instead of one? This would make it a lot more effective close range.

From wiki:
At times, particularly at very close range, artillery crews would fire extremely lethal "double canister," where two rounds were loaded into the gun tube and fired simultaneously using a single charge.

Just google "Canister shot" to find the wiki page, I can't post it because I don't have enoguh posts to post links.

neko_ceko said:
How about being able to load two canister shots instead of one? This would make it a lot more effective close range.

From wiki:
At times, particularly at very close range, artillery crews would fire extremely lethal "double canister," where two rounds were loaded into the gun tube and fired simultaneously using a single charge.

Just google "Canister shot" to find the wiki page, I can't post it because I don't have enoguh posts to post links.
And i have a feeling thats another way of trolling others but would be interesting :grin:

Please, explain this to me. Why have you enhaced the accuracy for every gun in comparison with Mount & Musket? Now there are a lot more of draw rounds because people don't want to charge the enemy since they can get killed more easily (and boy, how easily). I think this affects heavily on the gameplay, and in my opinion it changes it for the bad. Lancers (let's not talk about the nerf of these) and sword riders are the most affected classes due to this accuracy change. This has made them almost unnecesary and useless. I still like the mod, though, but I think I'm going to play a lot less because I'm getting tired of dying by a Vassili Zaitsev's bullet :sad:

Summarizing: Accuracy is unbalanced.

ioNKi said:
Please, explain this to me. Why have you enhaced the accuracy for every gun in comparison with Mount & Musket? Now there are a lot more of draw rounds because people don't want to charge the enemy since they can get killed more easily (and boy, how easily). I think this affects heavily on the gameplay, and in my opinion it changes it for the bad. Lancers (let's not talk about the nerf of these) and sword riders are the most affected classes due to this accuracy change. This has made them almost unnecesary and useless. I still like the mod, though, but I think I'm going to play a lot less because I'm getting tired of dying by a Vassili Zaitsev's bullet :sad:

Summarizing: Accuracy is unbalanced.
Accuracy has been increased IMO because the devs removed the zooming in ability you cant see far but you have more accuracy to aim as you can not zoom like in mm so it compansates i guess
Lancers nerfed are actually good i believe as i thought it has been a very annoying class in MM.
Cavalry are not that affected i play as them alot and yet i can get kills and sometimes alot

My opinion :grin:

I think it would be a great idea to add the US as a playable nation to NMW Napoleonic Wars for several reasons:

1) About half the people playing this game live in North America.

2)  The Napoleonic Wars were a world war and not confined to just Europe. Of these peripheral conflicts the War of 1812 between Britain and the US was one of the larger ones with a lot at stake, the future of Canada.

3) The smaller sizes of the forces engaged in the conflicts battle would mate well the sizes allowed in the game and give it an added feeling of realism.

Chippewa - only about 2,000 each side
Lundy's Lane - the same
Chrysler's Farm - US (2,500-4,000) Britain (900)

4) Adding a North American theater to the game would increase the amount of playable maps.
For example, several new forts could be added for siege battles:

Fort Erie
Fort McHenry
Fort Stephenson
Fort Niagara
Fort Meigs
Fort Detroit
Fort York

5) Also, many of the land battles involved river crossings which would add an anphibious element to battles that hasn't been fully realized in the present game:

Queenstown Heights
New Orleans

Please reply with your opinions of this proposal.

I would suggest a faction suggestion thread.

As for US... the escale is nearly laughable (no offense). Both armies united dont even make up for the Spanish regular army at the moment, for example. Probably the Swedish army is bigger too. Even the losses at Borodino are already larger than those ones. The Napoleonic Wars were about Napoleon, who focused on Europe.

Blitz_craig said:
I think it would be a great idea to add the US as a playable nation to NMW Napoleonic Wars for several reasons:

2)  The Napoleonic Wars were a world war and not confined to just Europe. Of these peripheral conflicts the War of 1812 between Britain and the US was one of the larger ones with a lot at stake, the future of Canada.

3) The smaller sizes of the forces engaged in the conflicts battle would mate well the sizes allowed in the game and give it an added feeling of realism.

Lundy's Lane - the same

4) Adding a North American theater to the game would increase the amount of playable maps.

Fort Erie
Fort McHenry
Fort Stephenson
Fort Niagara
Fort Meigs
Fort Detroit
Fort York

5) Also, many of the land battles involved river crossings which would add an anphibious element to battles that hasn't been fully realized in the present game:

Queenstown Heights
New Orleans

i think the US should never get added. For the simple reason that they didnt fight...

You people do realize that this is about Napoleon and his battles, right? Between the years of 1800 and 1815. Not every faction that wielded a musket in some time in their existence has to be added to the game.

It would be amazing if you have a 'walk together' option, just like the play together option.
When we try to walk in sync a few persons walk faster then others and vice versa en ruins the entire line.

SvenssonHD said:
Adding letters such as; å, ä, ö would be awesome in the character customization.

No thank you, this woul make it impossible for other players to type their names in chat.

Punishment said:
SvenssonHD said:

No thank you, this woul make it impossible for other players to type their names in chat.
Some languages (virtually all of them aside from English) do use special characters, you know, including some this DLC has been translated into. They wouldn't be just for show. Some people would like to use actual names instead of silly dumbed down Anglicized forms. In this day and age there's no reason to have such a limited system that only accomodates the English alphabet when something like Unicode exists.

Also, if I may repeat myself: "Empire Français", "Königreich Preußen"/"Koenigreich Preussen", "Kaiserthum Oesterreich"/"Kaisertum Österreich"/"Kaisertum Oesterreich". Pretty please.

marchal davout said:
Blitz_craig said:

Lundy's Lane - the same

Fort Erie
Fort McHenry
Fort Stephenson
Fort Niagara
Fort Meigs
Fort Detroit
Fort York

Queenstown Heights
New Orleans

i think the US should never get added. For the simple reason that they didnt fight...

Except, you know, in that war that the post you quoted mentioned. I'd be all for it if it means that much more variety and spice to the game.

Back
Top Bottom