Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Remove ardennes from map rotation. Constant crashes and every round ending as draw isn't fun for anyone.

Can I petition to make inaccessible half the buildings, rooms and haystacks from like, every map?

It's not driveby goons that make rounds interminable, common complaints aside, it's some awful goddamn sapper who walls himself in at an alcove on the uppermost floor (every entrance barricaded) of the tallest building (earthworks at the door) across the only bridge (which was blown up). Usually with one buddy who wastes his only shot when the fortifications are finally breached and dies to the first bayonet stab.

TheBoberton said:
Aye, they are, which is why I'm surprised that you think an experienced lancer is at any kind of disadvantage. Assuming for a moment the the lancer has any idea what he's doing, he can easily outmaneuver his foe, and bring his lance to bear in either a normal stab, or even a couch if he can get enough distance between himself and the enemy.

Maybe, but going by that standard there's exactly three lancers with any idea about what they're doing on all NA servers combined.

Pelgrane said:
TheBoberton said:
Aye, they are, which is why I'm surprised that you think an experienced lancer is at any kind of disadvantage. Assuming for a moment the the lancer has any idea what he's doing, he can easily outmaneuver his foe, and bring his lance to bear in either a normal stab, or even a couch if he can get enough distance between himself and the enemy.

Maybe, but going by that standard there's exactly three lancers with any idea about what they're doing on all NA servers combined.

Excuse me?

Epicrules said:
Pelgrane said:
TheBoberton said:

Excuse me?

Heh. The number of lancer players that can reliably kill a good hussar is very, very, very low.

If that wasn't the case I wouldn't be able to pick up a lance off the ground whenever I wanted. Now a hussar with a lance is something completely different, but we aren't talking about that situation.

You guys removing the Ardennes map from rotation is a job for individual server admins, not for the devs. And I personally say don't remove it, it's beautiful lol

I know faction suggestions are frowned upon but I think this idea is a rather good one and I haven't seen it on here before.

What about a "Rebels" faction? I think this would be an interesting idea and relevant because rebels caused problems for Napoleon several times during the Napoleonic Wars, there's even a book called "Napoleon's Other War: Bandits, Rebels and Their Pursuers in the Age of Revolutions", and you could really get a lot of neat and interesting gameplay out of it.

Classes could be things like
- Spanish Guerrillas
- Boers (Dutch/Belgian peasants but it also included some Germans)
- Irish rebels
- Cossacks
- Mamluks perhaps?

One could also include highwaymen, bandits, and whatnot for more variety. I just feel like this would spice things up a bit and could make for very unique and interesting gameplay. I know it would be a lot of work, although from Vincenzo's replies to other suggestions everything seems to be too much work :???: but the work would be well worth the effort.

It's a matter of variety, and it would be better than adding separate factions for each of them. It's just a way to bring in different and interesting new gameplay.

Rollie said:
I highly doubt Mamlukes, Irish rebels and Cossaks would find themselves on the same battlefield. Ever.

Can you back up this thought with proof that the Austrians and Prussians as independent nations fought the British at all at any point during 1815 on the fields of spain?

Because until I see that evidence of that all this realism circle jerking will be void in my eyes in the name of fun.

I think a more improved Admin panel also, going through 150+ people to slay one teamhitter can be very tedious, also if you're the only Admin online it can be very hard to keep people under control :smile:

Add a Sub-Board for Mapping under the Community tab, A place to broadcast ones creations, get/Give help and discuss.

I think saber briquets should be more useful because in reality the bayonet was not the superior weapon that it is in game. The usefulness of the bayonet was that ot allowed the infantryman to shoot his musket but still have a pike-like weapon to fend off cavalry with. The bayonet basically combined the pikeman and musketeer which is why it was so popular, not because of any superiority in combat.

WaffleBorn said:
I think saber briquets should be more useful because in reality the bayonet was not the superior weapon that it is in game. The usefulness of the bayonet was that ot allowed the infantryman to shoot his musket but still have a pike-like weapon to fend off cavalry with. The bayonet basically combined the pikeman and musketeer which is why it was so popular, not because of any superiority in combat.

And the Sabre Briquet was more of a camp-tool then a weapon.  :wink:

Talii said:
WaffleBorn said:

And the Sabre Briquet was more of a camp-tool then a weapon.  :wink:
That's actually a common misconception, the saber briquet was an infantry hanger and made for close quarters fighting and was a better weapon in close quarters fighting than the bayonet

Back
Top Bottom