• We'll be making a number of structural changes to the forums on Wednesday, 06.12.2023. No downtime is expected. Read more here.

Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Punishment said:
Talii said:
If you could use the spyglass when aiming a cannon, that would be great.

Thats were supporting Art officers come into play.

They need  a purpose too
^ Pretty much that as I recall some semi-official word on this or a general consensus. 

If any of this has been said before sorry, but I'm not going through 61 pages to check.

The sapper is one of my favorite classes, and I think it would improve the game if all of the fortifications had more health over all.
It's really annoying to build some barricades on a siege server only to have it destroyed 15 seconds later. (How do they do that with bayonets anyway?)
I'd suggest only letting engineers destroy things because I don't believe they have much importance in the game as it is currently.

On the topic of sappers, if they could construct ladders out of their construction Menu in Siege battles, that would make the battles alot more fun.

I've seen a few sources saying that hussars had pistols. Adding them in-game might balance things out and add some fun. Also, its a bit weird when infantry can effortlessly stab straight through a horse and kill it. Usually it would probably get stuck in the horse or it would come back out the way it came in. Maybe you could increase horse health, or make the bayonet hit the horse and cause damage but bounce off, though I'm not sure if that is possible, instead of getting shoved completely through the body like the soldier has super human strength.

bring back the melee from before the latest patch. It's almost pointless to go around with a sword now because you have to hack a guy in the throat about 100 times for it to have any effect while regiment dudes just run around spinning 360 with their bayonets up in the air like they are holding their c*cks. Feels like there's no skill needed in melee anymore unless you are a hardcore fan and want to play with the difficulty setting set at "Nightmare from hell" and go for the sword instead of herpderp bayonet. And the turning speed while having your bayonet "ready to stab" should be lowered. I see too much regiment players just running around players and stabbing them in the ass because you can spin like some sort of ice skater these days.

Shepuz said:
bring back the melee from before the latest patch. It's almost pointless to go around with a sword now because you have to hack a guy in the throat about 100 times for it to have any effect while regiment dudes just run around spinning 360 with their bayonets up in the air like they are holding their c*cks. Feels like there's no skill needed in melee anymore unless you are a hardcore fan and want to play with the difficulty setting set at "Nightmare from hell" and go for the sword instead of herpderp bayonet. And the turning speed while having your bayonet "ready to stab" should be lowered. I see too much regiment players just running around players and stabbing them in the ass because you can spin like some sort of ice skater these days.
The spinning was a lot worse in MM. The turning speed has already been drastically reduced in NW. As for swords, they're not too bad since they've been buffed.

madrush said:
NEED A SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN, MULTIPLAYER CAN ONLY GO SO FAR

JOIN A REGIMENT AND WAIT FOR GOKILLER TO FINISH THE MOD.

Also, turn off caps.

Added some suggestions to the list.

Shepuz said:
Regiment dudes?

Sir Prince said:
Being able to wear the accessories like monocles and pipes with beards and mustaches would be awesome please and thanks!

Definitely! Been wanting this since the day Napoleonic Wars came out and I tried to make my guy look as messed up as possible.

How bout improved death animations? The ones currently used are unrealistic. Sometimes, people seem to bury themselves upon death and then slowly rise out of the dirt to conform with its curvature. Also, people sometimes "die right into the walls."

Why not just stick with the usual ragdoll animations? The western mod on Mount and Blade had some pretty good firearm death animations for deaths on and off horseback.

Improved death animations. Just sayin.

When a horse dies, it just becomes another model that doesn't really affect anyone else. But, I think there may be a way to fix this. Upon death, a horse would "fire" an invisible wall infront of it at the same rate at which it was traveling which would do damage and knock people down. I'm not a coder myself, but I can see this being done with this engine.

How about buffing pistols a bit? I understand short range and inaccurancy, but one should be able to actually kill something with it.

When surrending I feel it should drop your weapons. If you put your arms down you should be able to pick them up again. Really fun addition though.

I also second the notion for having a beard + cigar/pipe/glasses.

Alma69 said:
How about buffing pistols a bit? I understand short range and inaccurancy, but one should be able to actually kill something with it.

Damn right.
Make them like they were in Mount and Musket, close range defense weapons. A pistol ball to the torso should down a man just as quick as a musket ball.

At the minute they are utterly useless.

I've mentioned it twice in this thread and it is on the list, making the pistol just as lethal at close range as its brother muskets is a must for the next patch.

Back
Top Bottom