Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

One big and simple thing, take base of units, clothes and things on NTW, not saying to copy, but taking as example

crodio said:
if you are going to make this mp, i suggest you making it as realistic as can be done, knowing that you'll not have the comunity of MM :sad:

Don't make reload times realisitic, otherwise the player will get incredibly bored, in mount and musket when a reload takes 30 secs+ people will just fire once and then fight hand to hand.

DrTaco said:
To fit the period a bit better, instead of recruiting (Or forcefully recruiting) from the villages, why not be able to hire a large amount of mercenaries, say 50 and call that a small company.
Love this idea.. that would be awesome if you guys could put this

Not sure if Vympel might have something like that working is his latest version, if not we'll try and get it done, my idea is to have it so that the ransom brokers act like recruiting agents and you can buy troops from them. I don't know if there's any code for that, but if anyone knows and can point me in the right direction I'll ask if we can use it. There's an NPC in gamecalled Avensis or something you can go and buy troops from him already, I'll see if we can extend that code to the ransome  brokers and stop all this selling of prisoners stuff as its pure medieval and out of context.

prisoners are not entirely medieval, it is still done today. Although ransoms brokers are out of place.

I think some of the new models need improving. For instance, the new bicorn model is way to wide.

Perhaps a standard bicorn in this sort of shape:
14749_1716531.jpg

And one modified for the French and British officers and generals in this shape:
-13126.jpg

Also, I know there is already a uniform for British staff, but there could also be one for British Generals and perhaps a blue overcoat much like Wellington's. The current blue overcoat doesn't really work.

Try to give each faction their own "mounted "patrol" troop tree ! As an example, french used Dragoons a lot as mounted police force in occupied territory and garrisoned cities. It looks great when dispatching small platoons of french "Empress Dragoons" to patrol your lands ! A shame i don't know much about other nations police during the napoleonic era though ...

Add more trenchcoat as uniform variation for french line infantry, grenadier, and "chasseur"/"voltigeur". Voltigeur "epaulettes" are green with yellow by the way, not green and red, which is for "Chasseurs" mostly.

Add french polish lancers of the guard and replace the unit french hussar by the french "chasseurs a cheval". A personnal thought, i just think its looks better for the french.

Try not to make huge troop trees to prevent mercenary-band like armies on the field ! I know there's lots of different units which would look great ingame, but adding them all would be pointless.

Decrease time speed for ai battles on the map, it makes it too difficult for the AI and the player to defend when cities can be conquered in a few seconds without the defenders having enough time to at least try to gather their forces and reinforce the settlement.

Add white variation of "gaiters" and prussian_gaiters" as well as lods for boots etc.

Finally, keep up the good work ! :O

Aventori said:
prisoners are not entirely medieval, it is still done today. Although ransoms brokers are out of place.
how about being able to sell prisoners to a town's quartermaster?  or just rename the Ransom Brokers to Recruiters and put them in uniform?  and of course you'd still be able to ransom lords and faction leaders. 

after having checked every stickied thread on this board i was unable to find a list of mod features.  i, for one, am not about to download a mod if i don't know what's in it.  included in the features list should be any mods/minimods that have been added to the mod(PBOD, Diplomacy, More Metal Sounds, etc.), as well as a changelog.

I think you should set muskets with mounted bayonets to use only the overswing and the thrust combat animation. Because AI tend to use multiple kind of attacks which does not land because they are blocked by allies in melee. This would make infantry melee combat a lot more realistic. Riflemen / Skirmishers / sharpshooters, should use a musket without bayonet, it would be faster to reload and more accurate but less effective in close combat.

-When cannons come in, the ability to target certain troops on the battlefield.

-Similar commands to NW.

We have some very nice cannons, but the problem is that we don't have a convincing code to make them work properly, you might have to wait until Mount and Blade 2 before you get a real nice working cannons code in place.

openBrf2011-12-1412-14-18-72.jpg

openBrf2011-12-1222-07-01-29.jpg

openBrf2011-12-1300-05-05-05.jpg

openBrf2011-12-1412-14-52-87.jpg

mb_warband2011-12-1414-31-39-64.jpg

Cannons as scene props could very well, at least, be used for custom scenes replacing some battlefields for village or cities with important history.

Replacing sieges scenes by custom battlefields with sand buckets, wooden defenses, cannons, cavalry spikes etc is i think the most interesting way to get rid of the old siege towers, ladders and fortress of M&B.

Of course, as Poomtang said, they're not working yet, but it looks nice ^^ ! Only citadel would have a stone-walled structure with siege ladders or why not destructible doors here and there ...

Yes good idea, I'll be returning to work on the mod shortly, and concentrating purley on scenes, one idea that I have for additional props for scenes is to litter the battlefields with casulaties, here's a quick example I made earlier. These corpses and wounded would be left lying around the fields and propped up against buildings and so on, just to add to the atmoshphere.

openBrf2012-07-1911-37-21-23.png

openBrf2012-07-1911-37-29-08.png

With making a cannon, couldn't you just Filch the code from NW to use? Since it's open-source for modding isn't it?
(Don't take this as gospel truth, it seems too good to be true for me)

I don't know if its open source or not, plus, I don't know if it would work in single player, as it requires a real person to fire their cannons not A.I, also, I think I'd rather wait for M&B2 with a completely re-vamped game engine, game play and in-game models and re-make Waterloo 1815, with the best possible props, new models, textures and code I can cram into the thing.

Even then, from what I've seen Taleworlds are going back to their medieval roots and I'm not so very sure, whether cannon, gun crew and code with the relevent animations will be included, probably not. Well, whatever happens, thats my plan of attack for any future releases that I'll be working on.

poomtang said:
Even then, from what I've seen Taleworlds are going back to their medieval roots and I'm not so very sure, whether cannon, gun crew and code with the relevent animations will be included, probably not. Well, whatever happens, thats my plan of attack for any future releases that I'll be working on.

I hope they do add cannons in MB2, because they were occasionally used in medieval battles, not a clue how often though.

Medieval artillery was used openly upon troops in late 14th century if i'm not mistaken, at the battle of crecy when british troops used cannons directly aiming at french troops rather than defenses. Telling this from an old memory, i can't say for sure, but it's something like that.

It's supposed to be more like a very powerful siege engine during medieval times and can't really be trusted to inflict casualties on troops, especially moving troops...

I doubt any code related to the CURRENT one inside NW is now given out as an OSP or something because, well they don't even want people to use models and skins in a module on warband, even though it's the same game.

It's true though, some stuff from M&M is still supposed to be available for sharing, as long as permissions are asked and credits are due, but someone might want to check this.

However, if there's not yet an osp project which plans to implement a working code for cannons i'd like to start one someday and ask for as many support as the community can offer.

This could prove a really interesting osp pack and would be very awaited by lot's of module makers. Many osp pack are simply stuff made by people who just wanted to share what they had. There's some request, but there's not always people willing to give it a try just for one sword model or a simple reskin.

I'd like to see a real "project", requested by the community, and bringing on multiple modders and coders to make something for everyone to use, not just some skins or models coming from a personnal module.

Goal here is to prevent another "NW bad end", restricting access to very nice features which are simply based on a warband module's code and for the sake of money ...

Yes, they did use cannons and hand cannons in the late medieval period, don't know if Taleworlds will include them though

213118898_199f3e234f1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom