SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

I liked the old system where you upgrade the type of troop needed.  I was needing archers and travelled to all Roman towns with no luck, most of them were cav.......apparently the troop types rotate.  When I first started the mod, I went to all the towns and noted the troop types there and recorded them not knowing that they were not indigenous to that town all the time. 

I do hope the morale gets changed soon, I'm spending a fortune on replacements.

I think the idea of brothels is pretty good......but make them "camp followers" instead  :shock:You could pay some dinars to them to "boost" morale. :lol:  The food doesn't seem to work as well.

zimm out

The upgrade trees will be kept out of the mod. The current system may be tweaked in future versions but it will be essentially the same.

The morale problem as been addressed, unfortunately you will have to wait for the next release (no estimated release date yet).

Seek n Destroy said:
The upgrade trees will be kept out of the mod. The current system may be tweaked in future versions but it will be essentially the same.

The morale problem as been addressed, unfortunately you will have to wait for the next release (no estimated release date yet).

Ok  thanks.

zimm out

:grin: how about early gladiators ?!

Equites.jpg

thracian_1l.jpg

andabatae_1l.jpg

velites_1l.jpg

img13b.jpg

1ed9d085ec95.jpg

picture3ijm.png

001qqw.jpg

d378871e7611.jpg

picture1jc.png

picture2xla.png

hope this helps

001lmz.jpg

About the upgrade tree:

I like you do start with no peasant unit and upgrade untill super elite praetorian - but maybe a different way where one can still built better troops would be good

Starting unit Princeps

1. Level recruit
2. Level experienced
3. Level Veteran
4. Level Elite

While levelling they would not even need to change their look - but only their ability - so one has historical units from the start till the end and still the ability to build better troops, when taking care of them - by the way With Fire and Sword is exactly doing that with mercenary units - which are professionell units from start - no change in look - just those 4 levels with better abilities...

If units do not gain any XP - why not let them all get slaughtered and get new ones - so some kind of XP system makes players mor attached and taking acre of units and os suing better tactics...

So one can have professional units, historical unitsa,  unit variety and still can make them better - which is very realistic though...

Another way for the infantry could be from Hastati - to Princeps-  to Triari - as those where different in equipment and XP historically - starting with Hastati as poorest, youngest and lowest equipment...

Just downloaded the mod.
First impression: It has a great potential. I managed to slaughter some foes, as a hoplite, pretty badass. I love how you can chose your fighting style.
Suggestions... well changing  the soundtrack would be one.
As for the rest, I'll update my post after I make an overall idea and explore more of the mod, played it for 5 minute only at 5AM and I just rage quit a tournament cause I'm too tired.  :oops:

really appreciate you keep it up - even though some people quit - thanks and please finish your mod - we have all the poatience and appreciation - but i could hardly stand it that another promising Rome mod dies :wink:

Has there been any thought of adding togas to the mod? It looks kind of silly to see the consuls and tribunes and what not basically naked in their castles :grin:

Are the scene-makers working on making an accurate version of Rome? I've yet to see a Roman mod that actually has Rome modeled right.

It would be cool if you made the pilum really strong so it broke most shields. This way it could sort of reflect how the pilum lodged itself into shields and made soldiers drop them.

Back
Top Bottom