Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Just a few ideas from my 1.37 play-through:

1.) Updating the Traveller to have the new companions in his list of findable companions.

2.) A method that allows you to find companions without having met them before, for a price. Such as 'I know of someone out-of-work' via the traveller or innkeepers.

3.) Reducing the AI's likeliehood of declaring war would help, they tend to do it a lot (every few days), and form alliances, so each nation has an over-attendancy to declare war, and then all their allies declare war with them, and it creates huge cascades that can be annoying menu wise outside of the odd global-brittania wars. The overall result of the current system is odd territory swaps and anachronistic gain (too much too fast) and loss of territories wholesale in an inordinate amount of time.

4.) Creating larger garrisons (but not larger roaming parties) by double, or double and a half, should slow down the AI versus AI war-machines where territory is gained or lost too quickly. It would also make it more difficult for the player. You can make them simulate some sort of emergency levy system perhaps?

5.) Slowing the party movement speed for all parties by 75% or so should make the time it takes to get from place to place on Britain a bit more realistic, as opposed to just a number of hours from the top of britain to the bottom. You can compensate the increase real player time by increasing how fast time itsself passes in the module.ini file, so there is no visible difference in the speed of your character, and time passes more realistically with travel but not painfully for the player. This should also make the gain and lost factors more realistic for the time they were either gained, or lost, for every aspect of the game from trading to conquering. You can for example, amass huge amounts of renown, gold, soldiers and experience in what is a very short period of time calendar wise, that realistically would take much longer. This would address that.

Edit: The resting feature would stand to be laxened, of-course, to avoid tedium with increased passage of time. Thus, instead of representing the only rest you can have, just have it represent 'proper' rest as opposed to rest gotten in-between heavy marching in the field.

Reread his comment he specifically points out it will have no visible change to your speed on the map he just wants to speed up time.  I like all your suggestions ... the only comment I have also on point 5 is that with the fatigue feature we would be required to camp a lot more often because you might have a hard time getting to the next city in time and that might be annoying.

dutch81 said:
Reread his comment he specifically points out it will have no visible change to your speed on the map he just wants to speed up time.  I like all your suggestions ... the only comment I have also on point 5 is that with the fatigue feature we would be required to camp a lot more often because you might have a hard time getting to the next city in time and that might be annoying.

Wouldnt that slow down the game aswell..since you have to camp and all.

I play without the resting realism option already, because it's nothing but a chore when it has to be done manually, if you speed up the passage of time, thereby requiring rest every couple minutes of playtime, that's fairly likely to turn into a major annoyance and obstacle to enjoying the game...

Personally, I find it easier to ignore the calendar than to bend the rest of the game out of shape just so we end up with a realistic timeline...

(On a related note, I'd really like a walk toggle, holding shift all the time just feels unnecessarily complicated, though I understand this might be an engine issue that the BW team can do very little about.)

jackx said:
I play without the resting realism option already, because it's nothing but a chore when it has to be done manually, if you speed up the passage of time, thereby requiring rest every couple minutes of playtime, that's fairly likely to turn into a major annoyance and obstacle to enjoying the game...

Personally, I find it easier to ignore the calendar than to bend the rest of the game out of shape just so we end up with a realistic timeline...

(On a related note, I'd really like a walk toggle, holding shift all the time just feels unnecessarily complicated, though I understand this might be an engine issue that the BW team can do very little about.)

I agree. The resting feature would stand to be laxened, instead of representing the only rest you can have, just have it represent 'proper' rest as opposed to rest gotten in-between heavy marching in the field.

Shaxx said:
5.) Slowing the party movement speed for all parties by 75% or so should make the time it takes to get from place to place on Britain a bit more realistic, as opposed to just a number of hours from the top of britain to the bottom. You can compensate the increase real player time by increasing how fast time itsself passes in the module.ini file, so there is no visible difference in the speed of your character, and time passes more realistically with travel but not painfully for the player. This should also make the gain and lost factors more realistic for the time they were either gained, or lost, for every aspect of the game from trading to conquering. You can for example, amass huge amounts of renown, gold, soldiers and experience in what is a very short period of time calendar wise, that realistically would take much longer. This would address that.

absolutely support that. travelling from the south cost to the pict lands shouldnt be an "afternoon event".
unfortunately i dont think the dev-team is working on new suggestions anymore. they are just about bugfixing and finishing the mod.
which is understandable, cause otherwise there wont be an end.

anyway, does anyone know if there is a possibility to tweak the campaign-map-travel-speed by yourself?
would be awesome, thanx for any hints...

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
Tweakmb have anything like that Thorgil?

no, unfortunately not.
i wrote a pm to the dev of tweakmb quite a while ago, but didnt get any answer until now.  :neutral:
maybe Idibil has any hint?  :roll:

Thorgil said:
anyway, does anyone know if there is a possibility to tweak the campaign-map-travel-speed by yourself?

If I recall correctly it is in the scripts.txt and must be set for each individual party.

Shaxx said:
Thorgil said:

If I recall correctly it is in the scripts.txt and must be set for each individual party.

thank you Shaxx, tried to search for anything related to "speed" in scripts.txt, but cannot find anything  :neutral:
maybe in another .txt file?
Idibil, do you know?
thanx.

Sorry if this has been said before.

I love this mod, I really do but the troop upgrading takes ridiculously long and the money it costs to do so is almost never worth it since newly upgraded troops' aren't that much better than its previous. So maybe an option to lower the time/cost of troop upgrades? Just as an option in the menu.

Thorgil said:
Shaxx said:
Thorgil said:

thank you Shaxx, tried to search for anything related to "speed" in scripts.txt, but cannot find anything  :neutral:
Idibil, do you know?
thanx.

It is need some changes in module system for particular units movement.
I want save my free time to fix bugs, maybe in future.

HazeNY said:

I love this mod, I really do but the troop upgrading takes ridiculously long and the money it costs to do so is almost never worth it since newly upgraded troops' aren't that much better than its previous. So maybe an option to lower the time/cost of troop upgrades? Just as an option in the menu.

You have two options, you choose it in camp menu>mod options

Idibil said:
Thorgil said:
Shaxx said:
Thorgil said:

Idibil, do you know?
thanx.

It is need some changes in module system for particular units movement.
I want save my free time to fix bugs, maybe in future.

HazeNY said:

You have two options, you choose it in camp menu>mod options

The real problem is that the troops are all rather high level, something that makes it hard to get much benefit out of the trainer skill. Perhaps remove the requirement to be higher level than the troop you want to train.... If that's possible.

6. When you have a Lair, City or Castle and get defeated in battle have your companions go there after some time instead of spreading out. They always rejoin anyway.

7. small bands of outlaws with huge prisoner population. Some sort of revolt system or high probability of escape the more prisoners you got compared to guards?

Suggestions from far north.

1: Tournament morale boost = i just wonder if your mighty lord and leader wins tournament and the hearts of the not so pretty ladys/lads, wouldnt it also give some sort of morale boost for his/hers troops aswell.

2: slavery and salt mine = Selling price for troop level is one great and that how it should be. I dont know how the mechanics for salt mine works, but wouldnt it make some sense that elite and harder troops working there would also mean more profit for player?

3: ok this is rather far fetch and might be just to complex for game (to much work) = Village buildings meets the needs of your shops/factorys, demand and supply.

Meaning of this is that village that you own would produce some sort of raw material always after building needed improvement: like sheep farms, cattle ranch for hides, grain fields would always produce some amount grain for static price -> so you would have raw material for your brevery, max profit. You get the idea.

Even going far as relation based production efficiency - more relation more products, or vise versa.

Not sure how the game mechanics or economy would react that tho.

4: Guest suggestion - merchant job from guild master, royal family or some lord wants high quality products, silver 10x stacks, furs 10x stacks, fine cloths, dyes great amounts. Exp/good amount cash and relations boost for faction/city. Ok writing this down makes it sound pretty lame tbh. 

Please, add a  "All" option when you are asked how many cows you want to slaughter. Keep clicking 5 can be really annoying...

Also, could you make movible our party while looting? Lords can away run if they are caught sacking a village, but if we start and a larger party see us, we are pretty much doomed...

Outstanding mod, cheers to all modmakers!
One suggestion: army's in the game are big, therefore it becomes more strategy than RPG. Probably it is  possible to make a submod or something with RPG accent, if its not too much work content to get that.

Back
Top Bottom