Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Lif said:
Or I would increase the damage thrown weapons do to a shield (maybe giving them the shield-destruction-bonus). That way it's possible to simulate, that the shields become useless with a lot of spears/axes in them, without having the difficulties writing a programm/algorithm of slowing down the shield speed.

They already have this bonus. Javelins, axes, throwing spears. If you hit the shield with 4 or 5 javelins it will be destroyed.

This may just be my OCD kicking in, but I'd like to see it possible to edit the names of your companions.  It's irks me to to have lords with different titles (Lord for companions-turned-lord, and Ard Tiarna or Tiarna for those defecting to my kingdom). 

AlxGvr said:
Lif said:
Or I would increase the damage thrown weapons do to a shield (maybe giving them the shield-destruction-bonus). That way it's possible to simulate, that the shields become useless with a lot of spears/axes in them, without having the difficulties writing a programm/algorithm of slowing down the shield speed.

They already have this bonus. Javelins, axes, throwing spears. If you hit the shield with 4 or 5 javelins it will be destroyed.

i thought only franciscas had this bonus. because it's not written in the javelins description that they make extra damage to shields.
more over, aren't 4-5 javelins a bit much? I'm no weapons expert, but I  can imagine that using a shield, stucked which 4 heavy javelins, is not that easy. If not even impossible.

I never meant to turn this into a new suggestions thread, as the official one was taken down for a reason, in hindsight I should have chosen a different title.

Anywhere, since what is done is done, it would be great if Brytenwalda had a troop order auto-sorter for the AI, like in Sword of Damocles. If I remember correctly it would go and optimize lord armies and garrisons to have the best ones first... when new troops were recruited by lords or given to them, they would get auto-sorted to fit in with the rest in the right order. It also helped to make sure the AI parties field a more balanced force in terms of starting troops and those in reinforcements, between infantry, archers and cavalry.

The question is, would we keep it to be the best first in order, or go with the weaker? As it was customary for the most part, that peasants spilled their blood before the nobles would be asked to.

trethmeier said:
This may just be my OCD kicking in, but I'd like to see it possible to edit the names of your companions.  It's irks me to to have lords with different titles (Lord for companions-turned-lord, and Ard Tiarna or Tiarna for those defecting to my kingdom).

You can do this now, with a bit of patience, just go to your Brytenwalda Module folder, make a copy of your troops.txt folder, open up said folder, ctrl+f to find the companion in question and give him the desired title you wish. When you start a new game, all you have to do is delete or rename your troops.txt with the changed names and restore the original.

I do it for my NPC lords too, I give them new titles based on my Kingdom's culture and the territory I have enfiefed to them. The more territory they have the bigger titles I give them, or the less, I lower their titles based on their new status in my realm.

@AlxGvr

I like and agree with most of your suggestions, nothing radical, mostly polishing up what's already polished, I like that :wink:

One thing I hugely disagree with is that your men do NOT feel like pirates while on the ships, they don't sail in galleon's but in small trireme-like ships, they sail constantly, have nowhere to hide from rain, constant fear of storms that guarantee casualties, sea monsters( :mrgreen:) and it's simply tiring. So all in all I'm pretty sure it was not a pleasant experience :mrgreen:

Ok, maybe make "taxi ships" more expensive to travel then? I mean, I don`t see a reason to pay 25000 shillingas for my own ship with same moral penalty. It is favorably to use a taxi and pay 10 per hour) Interesting, for how long I need to travel on that taxi-ship to waste 25000 shillingas? :smile:

p.s. Thanks)

12. Make the player and his companions able to be equipped with only one shield and one pack of ranged weapons of the same type. Please, return protection of the players back then he carrying a shield behind. In vanilla i always was equipped with two shields: one in my hand, second on my back protecting it  from the arrows or cavalry strike. Now it isn't working. Yes, it is not realistic to wear two shields, but the "ghost shield" behind your back which doesn't protect it when you are running from the dozens of archers - it is nonsense. I suggest to return to a shield its normal functions, but prohibit the usage of two shields at the same time. The same to the ranged weapon. You can`t use two packs of javelins (you have space only for one on your back), two francisca, to packs of darts at the same time, but you can use one pack of javelins + one pack of darts + francisca and so on...

and

It`s realistic thing... You know, romans didn`t use their ranged weapons (pilums) to kill. They used it to damage enemy`s shields, and slow down their speed because of the weight. Also enemy couldn`t manipulate it in formation anymore (because of the pilum`s length) So they just dropped away their damaged shields with pilums stacked in to them. In M&B you can have a dozens of javelins, franciscas, and other ranged weapons stacked in your shield and it will not affect your shield speed anyhow. So if it is a realistic mod, may be there is some sense to slow down a bit your shield speed if you have such problems? There more you get, the slowest your movements will be.

For my opinion, it will bring some balance to this "shieldwall" game, where every unit have a big hard shield. Imagine, your shield (or any soldier`s shield) is full of stacked javelins so you must throw it away, and you do not have another behind your back. So skirmishes would be a good choice against enemy`s shieldwall. As for you, battlefield is always full of shields, so you can pick one from the ground.

bots don't have a second shield, and they won't throw it away just because the speed is reduced.
The AI is not very smart in MB, you know.
So it all comes down to increasing the shielddamage of thrown weapons, as i said :smile:
That indeed would make skirmishers more usefull against shieldwalls.

By now, it's just silly to take a useless skirmisher if you can hire a good shieldwall warrior instead.

Lif said:
bots don't have a second shield, and they won't throw it away just because the speed is reduced.
So it all comes down to increasing the shielddamage of thrown weapons, as i said :smile:

By now, it's just silly to take a useless skirmisher if you can hire a good shieldwall warrior instead.

I am not sure how one would 'increase' the effects of shield damage bonus. It may not even be moddable, I have never looked, though. What is moddable, although time consuming, would be to lower the durability of the shields, or more easily, up thrown weapon damage. The best I imagine would be both.

Shaxx said:
Lif said:

I am not sure how one would 'increase' the effects of shield damage bonus. It may not even be moddable, I have never looked, though. What is moddable, although time consuming, would be to lower the durability of the shields, or more easily, up thrown weapon damage. The best I imagine would be both.

yeah that's what i meant.
or giving all of them the "bonus against shields"

Lif said:
Shaxx said:
Lif said:

yeah that's what i meant.
or giving all of them the "bonus against shields"

I am not sure I have seen a javelin or fransica without that bonus. Either way, that bonus does not make them out-right shield killers like they should be.

Edit: I recently wanted to kill two of my own soldiers on the battlefield... They were standing in place when I told their unit to charge, I wanted to use them as examples of cowardice... This needs to be made so.

AlxGvr said:
Ok, maybe make "taxi ships" more expensive to travel then? I mean, I don`t see a reason to pay 25000 shillingas for my own ship with same moral penalty. It is favorably to use a taxi and pay 10 per hour) Interesting, for how long I need to travel on that taxi-ship to waste 25000 shillingas? :smile:

p.s. Thanks)

There are taxi ships, you don't have to spend 2500 for a boat. There are taxi ships, just autmatically sail from a port, you will lose money over time while sailing, if you run out of money, men start to lose even more morale.

honestly I never built a ship, didn't seem like a viable option. I always used the taxi ship :smile:

YourStepDad said:
honestly I never built a ship, didn't seem like a viable option. I always used the taxi ship :smile:

That`s what I`m talking about...

Shaxx said:
The question is, would we keep it to be the best first in order, or go with the weaker? As it was customary for the most part, that peasants spilled their blood before the nobles would be asked to.

Weak must be first. That`s realistic. Their mission is to exhaust enemy. Elite was always like a last word...

So how about to make an additional slot in equipment screen for cloaks?

If it possible. So you can wear both: helmet and cloak.
Now if you have to choose between good helmet and good cloak you will choose cloak. Because it adds points to body armor and leg armor. It is more actual than head protection, because it is not a big risk to catch a headshot, especially if you are mounted.
Make their specs much lower and price higher. May be it will increase some skill points such as persuasion and leadership.

Some guys use them both )
23500171.image

Suggestion:
1. Make the Payment for whore supply depending on party size
2. Decrease  possibility of appllying prisoners into your party.

Currently training own troops not as effective, as to persuade prisoners to join your party almost for free - persuasion is for free (no limit). then couple times pay to whore to raise morale.
I suppose it's a little cheating, if you can get dozens of good troops just for 3000 shcillings. On the flip side enemy armies numerous & we have to at least resist 'em somehow..... :smile:

AlxGvr said:
So how about to make an additional slot in equipment screen for cloaks?

If it possible. So you can wear both: helmet and cloak.
Now if you have to choose between good helmet and good cloak you will choose cloak. Because it adds points to body armor and leg armor. It is more actual than head protection, because it is not a big risk to catch a headshot, especially if you are mounted.
Make their specs much lower and price higher. May be it will increase some skill points such as persuasion and leadership.

Some guys use them both )
23500171.image

Thought of that too, forgot to suggest.

This guy...will make your game perfect if you listen to him :mrgreen:

My last sugestions:

40. Make buttons in party window which can be used to hire all rescued prisoners at once. Move all troops to\from the garrison, capture all slaves, etc.
What if it will be those things? (marked with red)
23644521.image
Make them work as a button.

41. Replace those stupid jumps (space bar) with some real combat movement. Let the character jump not in the vertical direction, but in horizontal. Like real warriors do in a one to one combat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFGPCTMp2cw&feature=related In Assassin`s Creed there are some of them...

42. Make agility bar near health bar. In will depends on your strength. The longer you fight (AI too) the faster you become tired. Your moves become slower, and damage decreasing. Heavy armor and weapon affects it as well. Those jumps from 41. will affect it especially. So you won`t be able to jump like a frog. It will do the game more realistic. So if your and AI troops are tired due to long battle you can use fresh reserves and crush the enemy!

43. Make some global quest lines. The weak place of this epic mod is the lack of quests. You have many interesting locations (ruins, monasteries, great wall, caves). You should give them more sense :smile:

44. Let character hold touches in his left hand (instead of shield). So he can light his way through the dark, and use his sword. It would be suitable if you will make some locations (quests) like lower levels of rare ruins, dark caves... When you press left mouse button: he can hit enemy in the face with that torch. Or throw it.

45. Reassign "Q" button to something useful! For throwing torches (if you will make 44.) special hits, or to switching on\of those round markers above AI heads. They are very annoying, but without them you don`t know where are your guys in that mess. Anyway, who needs "notes" during the battle? In "Pirates Of the Caribbean" game (which shares same engine I think) there was a pistol shot. "Q" is a very good button!

Edit:

Almost forgot...

46. When you have a window where family wants to ransom one of your prisoners, add lord`s portrait and banner in that window. Because their names are to hard to remember, and than you have 10 of them in your prison you have no idea about whom they speak.

Back
Top Bottom