Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

In the past, adding a Frankish faction was no priority because of the high similarity in equipment to the Normans. Instead, the addition of more unique factions like the Goidil was preferred.

These days, there is no active modding team, and that leaves the question obsolete for now.

Using the Normant faction for a France or German/Roman Empire clan is completely up to you, wisdom or not.

Oh btw, the successors of frankish Austrasia as a whole surely abandoned the name during the middle ages, else Deutschland would be called Frankenland today. :smile:

I admire your commitment to your current clan.

That said, the Normant would work adequately well to represent the Western Franks (who by this point we should probably just call "French" in Modern English). I think the class names would probably be archiers and chevaliers in Parisien OF, compared to Norman archers and chevalers, but both were probably acceptable spelling variants, and maybe you won't care about that at all.

But since you seem to want this clan to represent the Netherlands more than anything, I imagine that won't do.

hrotha said:
But since you seem to want this clan to represent the Netherlands more than anything, I imagine that won't do.
No worries, I have the feeling it will be alright once the time is there for me to start a clan on my own.
I know a lot about the Medieval-time Netherlands from Dark Era to Renaissance, nothing is a mystery anymore.  :wink:

Jan Arie said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
No.
You're in the Jomsburger, silly.
perhaps I should start a Frankish Clan someday
:lol:

'Someday' is inclusive and suggestive of a desire to do something now in English vernacular, albeit with a slight taint of dreaming. You're implicating yourself in a dastardly plot to leave the Jomsborg with some urgency, possibly due to internal strife, friction or ill-words within the group. Irregardless of that, you're evidently not very happy and feel that a new start would be the better choice for your own piece of mind.

/analysis over.  :cool:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Jan Arie said:
Leifr Eiríksson said:
No.
You're in the Jomsburger, silly.
perhaps I should start a Frankish Clan someday

'Someday' is inclusive and suggestive of a desire to do something now in English vernacular, albeit with a slight taint of dreaming. You're implicating yourself in a dastardly plot to leave the Jomsborg with some urgency, possibly due to internal strife, friction or ill-words within the group. Irregardless of that, you're evidently not very happy and feel that a new start would be the better choice for your own piece of mind.

/analysis over.  :cool:
I appretiate your persuasion, but alas, no I do not intent to leave Jómsborg.  :lol:
There is no internal strife, friction or ill-words, or any other source with possible negativity where I could possibly pull the thoughts of having an own clan from.

But, besides all that, I do intend to raise a clan out of the moist ground in a distant future, and name it GRAVESCAP FRIESLANT (Western-Frisia, later named Holland in 1100).
And name myself Theoderic fan Hollant (commonly known as Dirk I of Holland).  :wink:

EDIT: Actually, I might make that Theodoric III http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_III,_Count_of_Holland

hrotha said:
Theodoric is an Anglicized Latinized form. Why would you choose it?

His actual name was probably Thiederik or something along those lines.
Dese Dideric goed ende wert had een wijf, heet Hildegaert  :smile:
Dideric it shall be. :grin:

I think Dideric II (939-98:cool: would do better, as he was actively fighting against the vikings until the end of his reign.

That quote is from the late 13th or early 14th century though. Th only merged with d at the beginning of the Middle Dutch stage (c. 1150-1500).

edit: http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/HOLLAND.htm
There you have the contemporary Latinized form Thiedericus Fresoniæ, used by Dirk III as a witness in a charter from 1024, while elsewhere the more standard Latin form Theodoricus is used. In light of the phonological history of Dutch and of latter attestations, I think it's likely that Thiederic or less commonly Thiederik was the native form at the time.

Is it possible (and accurate?) to give the light padding armor to the other factions? (the one used by the Vikingr and Normant) Since the other factions have a bit of a large jump between standard cloth and heavy padding while the Vikings and Normans have a more gradual growth towards it.

I suggested this a while ago and was meant to be done, apparently anyway, but was such a small issue compared to the larger things done that patch that it must have been forgotten - which is understandable.

It could easily be done, and must be done for the Goídil I'd say, but we (we being the community) don't have the developer module of the mod, so can't do anything at present.

I have a question and sorry if this has already being addressed before; Why didn't the Vikingr development team find an alternative for battle shouts and the end round music?

We did for the latter, but due to potential copy right issues it was removed.

As for the former, uhh we do have custom shouts etc... Just the Goídil that doesn't.

6oipE.png
Joyeuse, the personal sword of Charlemagne.

I pray to Kvasir that he may send us a modeller.

Wernicke said:
6oipE.png
Joyeuse, the personal sword of Charlemagne.

I pray to Kvasir that he may send us a modeller.

Bah! What an ugly sword meant to collect dust in a kings chambers. Real swurds are decorated with the blood of enemies not guld!

Back
Top Bottom