Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

lllAnteklll said:
I think we should make the roleplay event.
Feel free to organize it! Although as this has never been done before and it's dubious how feasible it would be, we'd probably need you to write a quite detailed design document explaining how it'd work before we greenlighted it as an officially sponsored, Hildileikr-hosted event.

I can't stress this enough: events don't organize themselves. Everyone can do it. Just come to us with a project and prove you have the dedication and skill to pull it off, but don't demand of others what you're not willing to do yourself.

Situation: I fighted well in one round and I bought good and expensive stuff. But next round I died fast and I didn't have enough money to buy the same stuff next round. I forgot about this and I've resped with seax and ****ty free shield. I hate situations like this!

Could you do something with that in the next patch? If I don't have enough money to buy the same stuff in the next round, the equipment window should be opened to let me choose less expensive stuff. I hate respwaning with free weapons!

By the way, Engle heavy infantry(Swurdberend?) have twohanded (this that allows blocking) axe for free and byrne for 450. Nordmenn heavy infantry(Vordr) must pay for the same type of axe and good armors are more expensive for them than for Engle. I don't know how it looks in Goidil, but Engle heavy infantry is OP imo not OP, but always better equiped. Is it intended?

Would it be possible to "shorten" the list of casualties? I mean... when there are multiple kills in a short time, the list takes a pretty big "window" of the screen and this is a bit annoying while playing. Yep, I could unthick the option "show casualties" but I like to know how the battle is going on, and who killed me and by what weapon.

Same thing when people start chatting... too many words, the most of time useless words. And again yes, I could mute the most talkative players, but the muting process is long and I should put myself on spec to: go to option panel, select "mute player", search him on the neverending list, click on his nick, press "esc" again, click on the option panel, select "mute player", search the other player I want to mute and so on and on and on... such a waste of time.

Here's my second request: a "mute all" option. It would be really useful.

At some point I learned that you can see how the battle is going on by watching what's actually happening instead of looking at the kill feed :razz: When I turned it off it was hard at first, but I got used to it and it's much better now, one less thing to distract me from the battle.

Situation: I fighted well in one round and I bought good and expensive stuff. But next round I died fast and I didn't have enough money to buy the same stuff next round. I forgot about this and I've resped with seax and ****ty free shield. I hate situations like this!

Could you do something with that in the next patch? If I don't have enough money to buy the same stuff in the next round, the equipment window should be opened to let me choose less expensive stuff. I hate respwaning with free weapons!

By the way, Engle heavy infantry(Swurdberend?) have twohanded (this that allows blocking) axe for free and byrne for 450. Nordmenn heavy infantry(Vordr) must pay for the same type of axe and good armors are more expensive for them than for Engle. I don't know how it looks in Goidil, but Engle heavy infantry is OP imo not OP, but always better equiped. Is it intended?

I posted this on the previous page but I think you don't see it because it was last post on the page.

I have a very strong suggestion: MAKE A NEW DEV TEAM.

Moeck and Barabas have retired as far as I know and there is noone currently working on Vikingr in any way. Is there anyone who knows how to design and code a game? Anyone who can see through the guts of the mod to make a rewarding, challenging, immersive and - most importantly - balanced gameplay? Even if it's only some minor changes and bugfixes of the newest patch, which was to be the last one, but still has many things that could use some tweaking.

Dragomir said:
I have a very strong suggestion: MAKE A NEW DEV TEAM.

Moeck and Barabas have retired as far as I know and there is noone currently working on Vikingr in any way. Is there anyone who knows how to design and code a game? Anyone who can see through the guts of the mod to make a rewarding, challenging, immersive and - most importantly - balanced gameplay? Even if it's only some minor changes and bugfixes of the newest patch, which was to be the last one, but still has many things that could use some tweaking.

Well, I was told that Moecker was still working on a post-patch of exceptionally small size but I'm not sure how reliable that is. I don't particularly fancy waiting for several months just for a horn fix. A community patch of some sorts is probably needed, or at least a phase of patch testing to iron out the last few bugs and kinks. Not much more should (or can be) added to Víkingr with regards to the combat mechanics - I don't think it really needs addressing in that respect. Surprise surprise I'm going to advocate an open process of tweaking, testing and adjusting that is accommodating of all sensible suggestions.

Rath0s said:
Me and Eirikr will continue as devs.

This is very good news.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Well, I was told that Moecker was still working on a post-patch of exceptionally small size but I'm not sure how reliable that is. I don't particularly fancy waiting for several months just for a horn fix. A community patch of some sorts is probably needed, or at least a phase of patch testing to iron out the last few bugs and kinks. Not much more should (or can be) added to Víkingr with regards to the combat mechanics - I don't think it really needs addressing in that respect. Surprise surprise I'm going to advocate an open process of tweaking, testing and adjusting that is accommodating of all sensible suggestions.

Not much has to be done indeed, but bugfixes and some balance tweaks would be very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom