Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

You don't loose money by dying. You loose your equipment, which costs money ^^
Of course it would be possible to disable the money gain per round and just get money from damaging.

Barabas said:
RIGHT NOW, you get money per damage, NOT per kill. So that much we have already ^^.

Despite which surviving a round without dealing much damage at all is most often vastly superior to killing or wounding a bunch of people and dying. This should change.

I'd like there to be a gradual escalation (if only mild, with few players obtaining mail and such) in gear quality for both sides - I STILL don't understand the concept of rewarding the winners with a greater chance of winning, I would MUCH rather have both teams be on equal footing from beginning to end. When an entire team is clad in mail theres often no point anymore and this is a situation that should NEVER occur.

Speaking of which, who among you running the server is opposed to FenrirSkogr's first to 4 or 5 system? Do you really believe anyone is interested in going through a 20 minute long 8 - 0 rape? First to 5 ensures the game is fast when unbalanced (not fun) and longer when balanced (fun). Who disagrees?

Lily-Livered River Pirate said:
I can score mail by the second round if things go well, although I never do it as a Viking given the ugliness of the 1000 tier armour. :p

my point, you could, mister Wodan of the server. If I see 5 dudes dressed in mail we lost most rounds and a reset is coming up on a new map.

Anyone can by surviving one round. Buy padded (or equivalent), first tier shield and an axe. Survive. Trade padded for mail. "Oh, but in that case you're using an axe! Axes are worse!" you've survived, surely there was loot to be found.

Now Hengwulf I fail to see your point - do you believe it's in anyone's interest to go through eight or nine rounds of rape, each one seeing the foe increasingly armed and armoured? If we've reached 5 - 0, wouldn't you say theres a FAIR CHANCE that teams are UNEVEN and that at this point it's probably best to MOVE ON?

Probably a knee-jerk reaction;

Archer nerf please. Rather than nerfing anything, can consideration be given towards upping the slot count ratio for archers? Three archers in a group of 20 [or thereabouts] nullifies any potential for a good melee combat which, ironically, is what Vikingr is about. One archer per fifteen, at least.  :razz:

Oh, look. Shot through the shield in the face, again.

Anyone can by surviving one round. Buy padded (or equivalent), first tier shield and an axe. Survive. Trade padded for mail. "Oh, but in that case you're using an axe! Axes are worse!" you've survived, surely there was loot to be found.

Now Hengwulf I fail to see your point - do you believe it's in anyone's interest to go through eight or nine rounds of rape, each one seeing the foe increasingly armed and armoured? If we've reached 5 - 0, wouldn't you say theres a FAIR CHANCE that teams are UNEVEN and that at this point it's probably best to MOVE ON?

my point was, we do not go through 8 or 9 rounds normally. We change maps at 5 rounds. Some players receive nice armor and weapons at that point, but not before the 2 last rounds. At that time sure we are uneven, but 1 team would have lost 3 rounds for sure. My experience is most rounds end up quite even in score and in armor. When we end 3-2 or 4-1, I rarely see a team that is fully mailed and buffed to end it. If it happens, 1 team sucked and we get new rosters and factions fairly quick.

So, what do you have against first to five if most rounds - in your experience - end at five anyway? All this system does is ensure that if one team is vastly superior the game end faster than it otherwise would. Would you care to tell me what fault you find with this?

yes more rounds would be good cause somethimes teams who get dominated need some time kinda get **** together you know what i mean i guess ? 6-7 round Imo also maybe there should be added an Auto balance or kinda Auto swap if some player are completely dominating so the other team has a bit more chance

EDIT: i support Hengwulfs Idea too!

Hengwulf said:
Some thoughts:

the Goidil look great with their new shields, they make them less Celtic and more Norse. I think they should get some more complex starter clothes though. The "dresses" they get now are to plain and simple and they are all the same except for colour. Looking at Vikingr, Rus etc. They get much fancier cloths. Goidil Ceiternachs look like the poorest of peasants right now.

Also the Goidil lack any kind of hat. I don't now any type but maybe some plaid or coif. I think Brytenwalda had some nice examples of cloth headgear that would drape over ones shoulders or back.

The Vikingr could use some attention. I think that right now they are the least unique faction. I would like to see some more Viking shield designs (we had a thread about it somewhere). I would also like to see a visored helmet. As of now we have only 1 and it costs a wopping 830! Maybe it should be in the 300ish zone, that way not everyone would choose the more expensive visored helmet but it is still accessable. And pleaso make them with some kind of neckguard, without it most helmets look silly on your head.

larp-helmet-fredrik-viking-helmet-%5B2%5D-3003-p.jpg
viking-mask-helmet-%5B2%5D-1747-p.jpg

The Bersekr stays a point of interest. I feel a berserker class isn't that strange, but I don't like the rage ability. I would rather see the class be influenced by items like the other factions. How to do this I still haven't figured out.

The Rus could get some nice axes.

Slavic_Rus_axe_10th_11thc.jpg
p47.jpg

I'm coming back to Vikingr bigtime, and I wholeheartedly support the idea of such visored helmets.

So, what do you have against first to five if most rounds - in your experience - end at five anyway? All this system does is ensure that if one team is vastly superior the game end faster than it otherwise would. Would you care to tell me what fault you find with this?

I guess we don't understand eachother anymore. I do like the 5 round system because of what you say.

Barabas said:
RIGHT NOW, you get money per damage, NOT per kill. So that much we have already ^^.

When an entire team is clad in mail theres often no point anymore and this is a situation that should NEVER occur.

Speaking of which, who among you running the server is opposed to FenrirSkogr's first to 4 or 5 system? Do you really believe anyone is interested in going through a 20 minute long 8 - 0 rape? First to 5 ensures the game is fast when unbalanced (not fun) and longer when balanced (fun). Who disagrees?

in short I disagree with the first point here happens a lot. Because of the point made below.

So I guess we agree and just misunderstood. My bad :neutral:

ahahaha damnit, yes confusing indeed. :grin:

As it is I believe the only criteria for a map to change is reaching 20 minutes, no matter what - I'd just like for there to be a safeguard against this type of situation.

You magnificent bastards!

I had a magnificent comeback today and I saw dem new & reworked armors. Jesus Christ. Wow.

Still, one...thing caught my eye.

The horror of all mods, the scourge of pretty things...the native mb quiver. It looks terrible, even for vanilla. You polished the **** out of the game, please do the same with the arrow quiver, thank you! :razz:

Another suggestion of mine is something I suggested before, to what you haven't said no, but haven't said yes either. Maybe now you have changed your mind. - Any possibility of adding fur scabbards for certain swords?

Back
Top Bottom