Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Any chance of shield bash?  Realize it might be a risk of spamming or something, but it would be a nice technique for us spear-wielders to deal with face-huggers.

Sahran said:
Any chance of shield bash?  Realize it might be a risk of spamming or something, but it would be a nice technique for us spear-wielders to deal with face-huggers.

We managed to implement a shield-bash during private testing but unfortunately Warband couldn't cope with the addition server messages going back & forth all of the time. It simply refused to send // receive the shield-bash on a guarenteed basis. We also concluded that it would be a little too much like 'kick' in it's prime. Maybe we can look at it again in the future but, for the time being, it is off the cards.

Could you make a torch stay in flames when dropped, it stays like that if you get killed with it, but if you could drop it it would add some nice things to gameplay like throwing it on a ground on night maps to see better etc. Maybe even make it trowable and have a chance to partially set ship on fire on hit on raid maps, but that too complicated and maybe not even worth it, while making it burn on drop shouldnt be hard.

Being able to throw the torch would be nice, especially for horseman. I find the image of a horseman tossing his flaming torch into the thatch of a house a bit more realistic than a horseman riding up to it, dismounting and whacking the wall with it.

STARik said:
Could you make a torch stay in flames when dropped, it stays like that if you get killed with it, but if you could drop it it would add some nice things to gameplay like throwing it on a ground on night maps to see better etc.

We had it like that to begin with, but it just made the map/game laggy so we decided to have it only "lit" when you have it in your hand.

Austupaio said:
Being able to throw the torch would be nice, especially for horseman. I find the image of a horseman tossing his flaming torch into the thatch of a house a bit more realistic than a horseman riding up to it, dismounting and whacking the wall with it.

It would be to unfair for the defending team on Raid if the horsemen could just hit/burn and run the houses because you would never be able to kill them. so it makes it more even if they have to get off to start burning

Suggestion:
I really like to be cavalry in this mod since it's not possible to kill me without being a superman, but there's one thing that bothers me. Whenever I play as Normans and buy a javelin, I'd like to throw it before engaging melee, but it doesn't even fly close to where it's supposed to go. And that's not very realistic either, since in real life it was possible to throw objects mounted without special skills.
It doesn't have to be as accurate as on ground with a bow, just a bit more accurate :smile:

King of Scotland said:
Suggestion:
I really like to be cavalry in this mod since it's not possible to kill me without being a superman, but there's one thing that bothers me. Whenever I play as Normans and buy a javelin, I'd like to throw it before engaging melee, but it doesn't even fly close to where it's supposed to go. And that's not very realistic either, since in real life it was possible to throw objects mounted without special skills.
It doesn't have to be as accurate as on ground with a bow, just a bit more accurate :smile:

Sorted for the next patch.  :smile:

Nerf two handed polearms such as longaxes, and spears without shields, and bump up one handed polearms. I might suggest an overhand stab for spear/shield and have spears do a lot more piercing damage and a lot less cutting/swinging damage.

Also, perhaps some sort of horn for every class, but have it be very expensive for all but the leader classes so that it isn't spammed.

socks said:
Nerf two handed polearms such as longaxes, and spears without shields, and bump up one handed polearms. I might suggest an overhand stab for spear/shield and have spears do a lot more piercing damage and a lot less cutting/swinging damage.

Also, perhaps some sort of horn for every class, but have it be very expensive for all but the leader classes so that it isn't spammed.

Turanien said:
Something new, something ... new?

mb3as.jpg

mb2b.jpg

:wink:

Hint: 'X' with a spear...

I downloaded the mod a few days ago, and I love it.
Unfortunately I won't be able to play it for a while, because my new PC (once again) has decided to stop working and has to be repaired for at least one week...

But whoever created the scenery objects and the maps did a great job, they are really
atmospheric and give the mod a very individual touch.

One thing that came to my mind is how most descriptions of battles of the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings
mention the stripping of the dead from their weapons and armor. Maybe you could give a gold bonus on looting the body of the earl/chieftain. The gold could be given to the whole team, so there is no fight about who gets to loot him. It would be damn fun to be the chief of your team and having to hide behind your life guard, when a bunch of greedy enemies is all over you to strip you of your life and armor  :smile:

The stripping of the corpse could take some time, so the teams can actually fight over the leaders corpses.

ShinyKnight said:
Tomy44 said:
Suggestion : add the franks as a faction  :smile:
+1
Would like to see them in this mod, if that would be possible  :wink:

Yes, Franks could be really interesting, but they shouldn't represent an aggressive imperial force, but rather guards of a town or castle, or maybe an expedition, since the vikings would have most likely avoided facing heavily armored knights in battle if possible.

In the youtube interview I heard you mention a possible Byzantine faction, are there any other plans yet?

I think that'd be pretty neat, although I worry it'd just further add an advantage to the victorious side (since most/all battles tend to involve one side being wiped out to a T, and the other not).

I'd enjoy the Franks, but I feel like unless it's aesthetically their earlier more famous depictions (circa Charlemagne), it'll just be a Norman duplicate.

I would like to suggest you find a way to make people less likely to swing with spears. It's over-effective. :eek:  I did it once today, in a naval battle and by accident, and I actually slashed someone on the other boat. :shock:

FrisianDude said:
I would like to suggest you find a way to make people less likely to swing with spears. It's over-effective. :eek:  I did it once today, in a naval battle and by accident, and I actually slashed someone on the other boat. :shock:

Haxer!!! quick give me the ban hammer!! i shall abuse you first before laying down judgement!!

I joke  :lol: interesting though  :shock:

What about a map idea? Icy lake with some ice block being able to fall down if a horse moves over or a heavy armored man,
or a map where there are iceblocks floating down the river in an endless loop.

-May I suggest the Emirate of Sicily as a possible faction, as they had many contacts with Normans and Vikings?
Or maybe you will want to keep the game area centered on North-Western Europe?
In that view, Kievan Rus are already out of range, and The Eastern Roman Empire even more.
-Gaelic factions are a pretty good idea, as the Germanic Empire would be... And about western Franks, their situation is too unstable in my opinion...

I couldn't find Osprey books about Gaelic factions of that era, but there are some on the German Empire, and many on the Byzantines.

And about the gameplay, I think horses are too weak, by adding some armor, or some HP, they would be much better. And one very annoying thing is about this old axe hacking on horses which kill both horse and rider at the same time, well, you can't do much about this I think...

Beside this, I can only utterly enjoy the mod, and I hope it will live for long...

Well the horses are as weak as they are for a reason, to differ and make it realistic than the native horses, they are lame.

Horses HP/Armor will not be changed, cav now has to take good care of the horse and think twice before charging.

Ha, when I was playing Normans vs Vikings a few days ago, people were still complaining about horses being over powered. They just didn't understand spears.

Back
Top Bottom