Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe the horn could actually lower the defense of the enemy instead of raising the offence of your allies. I know I would wee myself a little in those scenarios. It would kind of balance out as there is a gamble of blowing the horn amongst enemies due to the animations length. Also Doubling with a bannerman would encourage more squads to form and roam with the leader classes.

Æthelwulf said:
Maybe the horn could actually lower the defense of the enemy instead of raising the offence of your allies. I know I would wee myself a little in those scenarios. It would kind of balance out as there is a gamble of blowing the horn amongst enemies due to the animations length. Also Doubling with a bannerman would encourage more squads to form and roam with the leader classes.
That could work, yes; but it would in practice only be like an additional damage bonus for the horn blower's team.
But I got another idea; I'll see if I can make it so that the enemy loses some of their attack damage when the enemy leader blows the horn within a rather large radius (meaning the horn would be used to nullify the effects of standard, or weaken them even further)! :grin:
The effect would last something like 20-30 seconds, and could only be used one or twice per round or with a cooldown. So when you blow the horn - that's when you are going to charge!

Turanien said:
mimdras said:
IT would be nice to see a light lance for horsemen. spears are just odd on horseback. Also the length of most 1h axes are pitiful. Gr8 mod though over all. Also Jump slash plz^^

The Norman's primary weapon on horseback was still the spear at this point in history. The Norman spear is currently the longest spear in-game. Axes will be seeing some form of resurgance in the next patch. They, along with spears, were the most common weapon on the battlefield.

Jump-slash? No.  :grin:

Srry what I meant is right now the spear on horse back has the animation of a spear. looks a bit awkward to say the least.  Give that spear the lance animation on horseback some how maybe? idk how that would work. I dont know the least bit about making mods but I would say that it looks a bit silly at the moment. ( dont get confused I dont want the OP couch)

I think celtic factions would be great...I mean the 4 Irish kingdoms, the Picts(I know they weren't totally celtic), the Scots, the Welsh and the Mannish... They would be awesome.... Irish had good horsemen, so the normans and the Rus would be the only ones with cavalry.

Sahran said:
What would be great would be to somehow categorize the thrust_polearm animation as a 'low' attack (downward), and to maintain thrust_onehanded animation as a 'high' attack (upward, which it currently is). Then somehow make it so the spear can decide between the two.
I agree, perhaps the spear in 1 handed mode could be allowed to do the overhand attack, and replace the 1h overhand attack with an upper thrust!

I'd want a EU server, The best ping I have when playing this mod is 250  :neutral:

I love the idea of raid mode, but it's sad they just go and kill eachother, without burning anything...

Roran 13 said:
I'd want a EU server, The best ping I have when playing this mod is 250  :neutral:

I love the idea of raid mode, but it's sad they just go and kill eachother, without burning anything...

There is an EU server, Einherjar_Server.  :eek:

HULKSMASH said:
Sahran said:
What would be great would be to somehow categorize the thrust_polearm animation as a 'low' attack (downward), and to maintain thrust_onehanded animation as a 'high' attack (upward, which it currently is). Then somehow make it so the spear can decide between the two.
I agree, perhaps the spear in 1 handed mode could be allowed to do the overhand attack, and replace the 1h overhand attack with an upper thrust!
We've been talking about the very same thing, but we need to do some research to see if it's actually feasible/possible in MP.

tenis15 said:
Add better sieges? make battering rams or catapults?
You won't be seeing any additional siege equipment any time soon.

You will however see better support (in the form of fixes as well as additional and optimized maps) for Siege pretty soon! :wink:

Turanien said:
Roran 13 said:

There's RDB_Battlegrounds too :eek:

DavidMF said:
Turanien said:
Roran 13 said:

There's RDB_Battlegrounds too :eek:

Yes, however we would appreciate it if people asked permission to host the mod. Unfortunately, RDB did not and thus we cannot guarentee that the server will be correctly configured (EG: Native factions appearing)

Davee said:
You will however see better support (in the form of fixes as well as additional and optimized maps) for Siege pretty soon! :wink:

By this do you mean the Vikingr will get to lay siege to and then raid, loot, and pillage quasi-fortified monasteries/abbeys? Because that would be wicked.

Some suggestions :smile:

1. What about adding Highlanders as a faction ?? would fit perfectly to this great mod. :smile: using these clothes and armor http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145074.0.html

2. Please add long bows to the vikings, they did use that too.
3. Some more colors for the hoods (not only yellow, but green, blue, black and red).

more to come later :smile: see you huys on the battlefields

I hardly ever get to play the mods new 'raid' game type, all the servers are usually nothing but battle mode. I love battle but I would like to be able to play the excellent raid game type a bit more.

An option for the 'Raid' maps in the server polls if possible.

On our server(Einherjar_Server) we change it sometimes, currently there are only 2 maps for it.
When we have made more maps for it I am sure we will run Raid mode more often.

Back
Top Bottom