Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

GerDeathstar said:
I noticed the lack of "fast" 2h weapons - with the exception of the spear. All the axes are unbalanced (which is good), however anything like the great sword or even the spiked stick is missing.

Also, the spear seems kind of odd... does it really have slashing damage for its swings? Because it sure sounds like it and people spamming those are a little bit too successful for my liking, overwhelming pretty much every poor, unsuspecting teammate. Plus, its slashed and its thrust (IIRC) do about the same amount of damage... I think copying Native here would be a better idea - powerful thrust (pierce) and weak swings (blunt).

I see the point in nerfing 2h weapons and I completely agree with it. If used right, those short 2h axes can still be extremely devastating (love'em tbh), however then I'd think about nerfing that spear as well, maybe even make it a pike.
I dont think the mod needs any "fast" 2h weapons like the great sword or a bastard sword, thats the main reason i actualy like the mod tbh, unlike native, i wont see idiots swinging a 6-10 pound great sword like its a plastic toy. I think the 2h axes are fine, and spear 2hs are kinda cool, not ultra fast like it was in native, but fast enough not to be useless. I like that 2hs actualy require some skill to get kills with, what with all the 2h axes being unbalanced =D

Sorry for the double post!!

I noticed, playing as an archer, that if I pick up a shield during a round (and if i don't die), in the round after I keep the shield( as it's obvious), but it REPLACES arrows, which obviously avoids me shooting. So, as some people wrote before, wouldn't it be a good idea to change the shield slot?
:roll:

°°Caradoc Mòr°° said:
I noticed, playing as an archer, that if I pick up a shield during a round (and if i don't die), in the round after I keep the shield( as it's obvious), but it REPLACES arrows, which obviously avoids me shooting. So, as some people wrote before, wouldn't it be a good idea to change the shield slot?
:roll:
I think it's intentional penalty for archers trying to be other class(melee inf).

Sir Tristran said:
i think alot more factions would make the mod 10x better. Like, the 4 factions are great, they just get kinda stale. I think like an italian country, like the kindom of Sardinia-piedmont, sicily, or, my favorite, the Kingdom of Lombard (Langobardi)
Even more factions? Not a very good idea in my opinion. We already have 4 and only Vikings are decently equipped and made. Before even thinking about new factions they should add loads of weapons and armor to other factions aswell.
Russia for an example has like only 2-5 different sword/axe types.

Was having another little think today in the bath. The birthplace of all great ideas. Currently combatants gain a great boost from seeing their faction banner bearing down upon the enemy, and you chaps are also planning on adding an effect to the horn. This had me thinking about the importance of the Chieftan/Eeorl etc. Why not modify some of his default armour to have the morale boosts that banners have? In the shield wall seeing your battle hardened leader charge down the enemy would greatly increase the strength and reserve of the fyrd. I think something like this would add a great little element to keep teams together and the use of formations a little more.

Yes banners do, but I feel the Chieftan classes are somewhat unimportant so I thought maybe adding a banner type buff to their armour would mean lesser troops would follow them into battle, allowing more teamplay etc. Would also add to clan matches when they start happening and add an element/need to protect your chief and follow his orders.

Æthelwulf said:
Yes banners do, but I feel the Chieftan classes are somewhat unimportant so I thought maybe adding a banner type buff to their armour would mean lesser troops would follow them into battle, allowing more teamplay etc. Would also add to clan matches when they start happening and add an element/need to protect your chief and follow his orders.
I think it should look something like that: chieftan lead, bannerman follows him, and rest sticks to clearly visible banner, if there was a way to link banner effiency with proximity to chietan...
I had also an idea: would it be possible to elect chieftan, something like in battlefield series, because now sometimes(more often than not) this class is used just for fighting and maybe little play with horn, with no leadership involved.

Æthelwulf said:
Yes banners do, but I feel the Chieftan classes are somewhat unimportant
Everything depends on the server money settings. For example, on one of the US servers the amount of free gold is reduced to 800, so noone can afford good equipment at the very beginning of the match. In such conditions, chieftain (who has access to reasonably good free gear) is the most important fighter on the whole team.

By that reasoning though the Chieftan is only good for the first round. Second round it's back to normal as people have that gear. I often find anyway that most people lag on first round spawn so they just hop in with default gear or have to sit it out, such as myself.

If the Chieftan has a buff though, the team will instantly want to be around him, look for him on the battlefield and protect him to gain the stats boost. This makes him a target for the enemy also, archers will try and pick him off, shield walls will form more and another level/tactical element has been added subtly into the game.

@Socks, I can agree with that, but I can also see why Saxons is used as a catch-all term for the Germanics of Jutish, Saxon, Angle and Frisian descent. :razz:

What about "borrowing" the lateral block animations from Full Invasion mod? They're mych more realistic than native ones.

Oh, and concerning equipments , new troops and factions, Brytenwalda has plenty of them, you could just borrow them and make them better.

I see you guys "discuss" alot about the Horn, no mather what, dont move it from the mod, i really like the idea, even if it have no point of use, i just like when some one blows the horn, it gives me a good feeling of war in that time, its somehow gives me some battle moral :grin:

Suggestion.

1. A 2h throwing axe for the viking and saxons, like this - http://www.naturgalleriet.dk/index3.htm - could be really great and fun to use, but, like you have 4 or 2 spears, then you only have 1, but its more powerfull :smile: dont know if its possible ??

2. A viking cheiftain armor with a wolf pelt one his left or right shoulder if you know what i mean, like this, just over the shoulder - http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/romans/standardbearers.html - could be an awesome look for a cheiftain :smile:

3. more more and more stuff for all of them :grin:

2 Handed throwing axes?
You know this mod attempts to be realistic.  :lol:

Also, besides the roman stuff, bear pelts sound cool, but not the re-textured stuff the berserkers have. 

PLEASE Nerf Berserkers! I know you probably have already and I'm not raging but...

I just palyed berserker and my end score was 19 - 0. I was like the only guy on my team getting a lot of kills...  I was the reason we won every round and I was the reason that the Saxon team all rage quit :/

Back
Top Bottom