Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Either bring back the reticule or nerf archers.

As in: Really nerf them. I tested out archery yesterday and I was a bit surprised because people have been complaining before that they can't shoot properly anymore, however most bows have an accuracy value of 99, almost pinpoint-accurate. Even without the reticule, with a bit of experience from Native you don't even notice the difference and can still shot insanely accurate over short-medium distances. The only nerf I noticed was the range, the projectile-drop kicks in earlier...

Hey Compadres!

Mind if IG hosts your mod? We wouldn't run it 24/7 but I thought it would be great fun for us to do a training session with it today since it would make a refreshing change from playing Native all the time. It looks really amazing by the way! I look forward to trying it out :grin:

Cheers!

Maximo_khan said:
My suggestion is that you MIGHT have to raise speed of 2handed and polearm, due to the fact that I often notice I'm unable to strike after having blocked a 1handed( any ) because my opponent strike comes faster. summed up: unable to retaliate.
Spears are too slow with 2H. This is a shame since spears are a major weapon in that age and were meant to be used 2H when skirmish broke, with the shield slang on the shoulder.
The problem is always to not make them too fast or too good in 1H.

Suggestion:
Make spears 1H weapon with a 2H(no shield) alt mode.
This allows changing the stats of each mode independently for fine balance. The user in turn needs to explicitly X-switch between the modes instead of just slinging the shield, which is not too bad (side effect is that when the shield gets busted the spear does not become 2H weapon).
The 1H mode can stay as it is except that all 2H attack abilities are removed - leave the 2H blocks, so these will work till the wielder switches modes.
In 2H(no shield) make speed faster with more thrust damage. 2H swings can have low blunt damage with a knockdown ability flag as secondary attacks. The KD will not happen very often.

Here are some rare but real viking photos demonstrating spears used both ways:

3508935834_ffe1fe4942.jpg

JorvikVikingFestivalBattle.jpg

GerDeathstar said:
Either bring back the reticule or nerf archers.

As in: Really nerf them. I tested out archery yesterday and I was a bit surprised because people have been complaining before that they can't shoot properly anymore, however most bows have an accuracy value of 99, almost pinpoint-accurate. Even without the reticule, with a bit of experience from Native you don't even notice the difference and can still shot insanely accurate over short-medium distances. The only nerf I noticed was the range, the projectile-drop kicks in earlier...

Yes, we are aware with the current version of the mod. However, this is still beta and we have already prepared the next version of archery for the forthcoming patch. Thank you though, Sophie, for your suggestions.  :smile:

Illuminati said:
Hey Compadres!

Mind if IG hosts your mod? We wouldn't run it 24/7 but I thought it would be great fun for us to do a training session with it today since it would make a refreshing change from playing Native all the time. It looks really amazing by the way! I look forward to trying it out :grin:

Cheers!

You will have to speak to Rathos about this, Illuminati. We have plans to enlarge our server very shortly to take in extra capacity. As creators of the mod, we would be most pleased to be the main host of the mod in Europe for the time being. I trust that this does not sound too selfish. Hopefully, we'll begin seeing groups of fighters emerge with a preferred faction et all, then practice servers and the such will be more the welcomed!... Is this something IG is perhaps interested in? I imagine that you chaps would be most keep fighters in a shield-wall!  :razz:

More hoods of all colors.

I dont remember the faction (Saxons?) that dont have a yellow body armour but they have to use a yellow hood.... It looks a little weird.

I'd like to suggest female voices for the battle cries. The current, native, one doesn't strike me as 'fighting-fearsome' but more as 'clinically insane-fearsome.'

Turanien said:
Illuminati said:
Hey Compadres!

Cheers!

You will have to speak to Rathos about this, Illuminati. We have plans to enlarge our server very shortly to take in extra capacity. As creators of the mod, we would be most pleased to be the main host of the mod in Europe for the time being. I trust that this does not sound too selfish. Hopefully, we'll begin seeing groups of fighters emerge with a preferred faction et all, then practice servers and the such will be more the welcomed!... Is this something IG is perhaps interested in? I imagine that you chaps would be most keep fighters in a shield-wall!  :razz:

Hiya,

No problem I understand... it's a popular mod from what I see so it makes perfect sense that you would want to populate your own servers with it for a while. I'll join in later too.

It was just really for training today, not something we would host at the moment because we're using the server in question for the  '27th Regiment', a Regiment of IG for that Mount & Musket Mod.
I thought your Vikingr mod would make a fun change from our usual Native training tonight (since the ENPL was pretty intense) and as usual we always password our server during all our trainings. I may speak with Rathos later but in that case, I think we may just have a fun random Native session of another nature tonight then :cool:

Okay, cheers guys!

FrisianDude said:
I'd like to suggest female voices for the battle cries. The current, native, one doesn't strike me as 'fighting-fearsome' but more as 'clinically insane-fearsome.'
This or disable female chars. Now equal-treatment people will probably kill me :wink:.

Q: What do Horns actually do?

I know there are cool! But do they give any bonuses like the Standard does? If they don't I think maybe a good one could be that if a Standard is out while the Horn is blown maybe it could double the standards effect?

These are my suggestions:

a) Put some money reward when u kill villagers in Raid mode, like 30-40 money if u kill them.

b) Can be putted fire arrows? they could be used as well to light the houses ( anyway not as easy and quick like torchs do) , it would be cool also to see fire arrows during night raids.

c) In Siege mode, u can do this :  The attackers must destroy the main door inside the enemy castle, when its done, the king of that castles comes out and the defenders must protect him or they lose.

I had an idea for a map that would be pretty awesome if someone could do it.

What if you were able to take the longboat battle map, but instead of the boats coming together and then stopping they kept moving around in a circle, and periodically they'd be close enough that you could jump across.

I noticed the lack of "fast" 2h weapons - with the exception of the spear. All the axes are unbalanced (which is good), however anything like the great sword or even the spiked stick is missing.

Also, the spear seems kind of odd... does it really have slashing damage for its swings? Because it sure sounds like it and people spamming those are a little bit too successful for my liking, overwhelming pretty much every poor, unsuspecting teammate. Plus, its slashed and its thrust (IIRC) do about the same amount of damage... I think copying Native here would be a better idea - powerful thrust (pierce) and weak swings (blunt).

I see the point in nerfing 2h weapons and I completely agree with it. If used right, those short 2h axes can still be extremely devastating (love'em tbh), however then I'd think about nerfing that spear as well, maybe even make it a pike.

And with the addition of the overhead thrust, it makes even more sense.
Will it work only as a stance, or could it work as a upper attack?
Talking about realism, will you ever make the shield useful in every situation? I mean, even if you don't hit the block button, your shield is still there, and further more, a not-too-stupid warrior would always make sure he attacks with the spear while keeping his shield in front of him....
But I know this would break the gameplay, which is currently not meant for scrum-like combat, but more 1 on 1, 1 on 2, or 2 on 2, ....

About weapon slots:
The general idea is great, but it doesnt make sense to make shield the second slot. When I change weapons I often accidentally put away the shield while trying to equip the secondary weapon.
What I'd suggest is the following sequence of slots:  1. main weapon  2. secondary weapon  3. throwing etc.  4. shield.

Q: What do Horns actually do?
They will add some feature to the horn to make it useful and influence the tides of battle. For the moment is just an idea they have.

Also, the spear seems kind of odd... does it really have slashing damage for its swings? Because it sure sounds like it and people spamming those are a little bit too successful for my liking, overwhelming pretty much every poor, unsuspecting teammate. Plus, its slashed and its thrust (IIRC) do about the same amount of damage... I think copying Native here would be a better idea - powerful thrust (pierce) and weak swings (blunt).
I have the same issue with the spear spamming in native, though here in vikingr I find it easier to block it than in the native. Further more, I think native had a way too bigger blunt damage combined with staggering the opponent, which negates part of the armor while slashing here is not doing the same. Of course this is just my opinion but I guess spear fighters should get some advantage somewhat given the fact that historically speaking, spear was more often used than the sword and btw devs, way more cheaper!!!! :razz:
Related to that, I would suggest a free spear for each faction, a low stats spear but a free one, or if this is to much, then make it cheaper than the sword. In order to constrain the spamming of it, you could reduce the slashing stats or leave only the thrust or something. I guess the "x" move would be also nice, maybe I'll be able to please you with a new anim for that.

GerDeathstar said:
I noticed the lack of "fast" 2h weapons - with the exception of the spear. All the axes are unbalanced (which is good), however anything like the great sword or even the spiked stick is missing.

Spiked stick is the goedendag, which I've only seen references for in the late 12th or early 13th century. And there's no great swords in this period, so that's right out. As for spear swinging I agree, and would be happy to see it utterly nerfed except where applicable to actual spears with large enough heads to swing them. I think it's often done just because of how damn poor spears are in the M&B engine, so hopefully the X weapon shift will fix that.

I cannot come to any form of agreement or disagreement regarding spears. We personally feel that spears are much more potent in this mod than Native and that, accordingly, they are used to a far greater degree. With the forthcoming 'x' switching of spears to an overhead thrust, they will be very useful for shield-walls, thrusting over fences and down small passages - it will be quite interesting. Even Norman conroi will be able to change positions.

It is quite a nice suggestion to see the damage vary depending on the spear-head, I'll poke Rathos // Davee later and see what we can do about it. As for the cost, I believe they have been all made more accessible for the next patch! Again; I'll try and get a change log posted up this afternoon.

i think alot more factions would make the mod 10x better. Like, the 4 factions are great, they just get kinda stale. I think like an italian country, like the kindom of Sardinia-piedmont, sicily, or, my favorite, the Kingdom of Lombard (Langobardi)

Back
Top Bottom