Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

theapeleader said:
created an account to suggest the possibility of becoming a vassal but still being able to enlist into one of your factions armies. Also possibly the ability to get vassals to help you overthrow the king.

I have that in mind for a newer version of freelancer :wink:

Been playing this a lot so thanks for making it addictive again.

Some things I think could be changed is to remove elephants from Manhunters. They are unbalancing. Instead how about making them purchaseable for companions if you get your relation up with Manhunters?  That way you can still use them (very fun unit) but you can't spam them. As is, they are unbalancing and you can go entirely with this unit the whole game and beat everything.

I don't understand trade at all. Been playing 100's of hours and still haven't figured out trade networks.

The AI is not very good. It's sad that Nords just get steamrolled. (Yes I'm using elephants.) Still, you'd think they would get a few kills other than just running around back and forth. The Rhodocks get more kills than Nords. That said, when I use Nord infantry I do okay against pretty much everything so it's got to be the AI.

The prisoner management amount is too low. 5 per point? That's ridiculous. I used TweakMB and raised it to 250. I can carry 2000 prisoners and sometimes it's still not enough!  250 might be game unbalancing (I don't know if I can personally go back at this point) but 5 is ridiculously low. How about 25 per point?

The horseman's mace is a great weapon. Too bad it's so hard to find. I even used Morgh's to increase it's frequency but it still won't appear very often. I can use the cheat menu (and I do quite often) but I would prefer to buy the weapons I like in-game.

Russian dance mix? Hilarious. Don't change that.

It would be nice if I actually captured one of those bandit bosses once in a while and got something for my trouble.

Maybe Manhunters can level up their troops so I might be able to get a horseman's mace or elephant drop?

Keep up the good work and thanks for all your time and patience.

Well I made kind of a dumb mistake with the loan system. I took out a 4.5k loan from Reyvadin to start up an oil press in the town. I realized shortly after that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the interest rate for a long time.

I understand that high interest rates exist to penalize the player from borrowing beyond their league and help deter them from basically stealing money. The problem I have is that the initial interest rate of 20% is more than sufficient, and the jump to 40% after only 2 weeks racks up a ridiculous amount of debt.

If you know anything about economics or even basic math, you'll realize that 20% interest compounding weekly is ****ing a lot. 40% is just plain ridiculous. I would even be willing to slowly pay off the 20% interest loan and accept the penalty for my mistake, but at 40%? My only option is to never show my face in Reyvadin again, while my debt climbs beyond the total value of all Calradia.

My suggestion is to keep the interest rate at 20% after two weeks. Or, if it must increase, start at 15% and increase to 20%. This gives the player more incentive to actually pay it off.

Yes, no official updates planned because the dev team that put it together has moved on to other things already.

There are still submods and stuff being developed, but we likely won't see any official major updates soon.

ok. so mod is kinda dead, could u do me a favor?
make it ALIVE!!! just kidding, but it would be nice to just suprise us all with a big update
(these guys are just adding, updating whole day long and one day BOOOM Floris 3.0 released xD)
damn, i wish...
anyways, M&B is sandbox and thank you for that taleworlds, but floris, if you guys do my favor
what about a couple of different stuff(note i have not played 2.55, im downloading it as I speak, or write)
1) just a couple more quests (THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE GAMES BORING QUESTS)
2) im a fan of flaming arrows, LIGHT THE SKY ON FIRE
3) im using the example of the invasion of NE, you know i like that, play your game have fun and then suddenly bam, whole game gets turned around (invasion),
maybe not the same like an invasion but just something that will change the game(Your city is rich and then a huge fire and city now poor, stupid example but u get the idea)

btw im a BIG fan of floris, Warband 100%, Floris 450% (4.5 times better for those who doesnt understand xD)
i know that the things im asking is huge and the chance of it happening isnt that big, but yeah, as i said, "damn, i wish..."

Sorry for anything that offended anyone, i will take off this post if someone doesnt like it, but i would rather not
one of your Fans :grin:

Ps. 4.5 times is underrated, my idea of town is extremely stupid and flaming arrows are cool, I also have nothing to do while i wait for download, and that may be the reason for this post xD
maybe im going to play 2.54 again xD

I think the quest thing was one of the planned features for Floris 2.6. You should give Silverstag a try. Its quest system is a big step up from Native.

The invasion thing is already sorta implemented with named bandit parties, who can end up with armies bigger than most kingdom armies (and owning them hard a lot in the fields), though I don't think they are capable of taking siege of castles, which could've been awesome.

xD thx atleast you guys didnt disband warband modding/playing/helping on forum
silverstag u say, and im downloading another mod within 24hrs :grin:

hay but now its 2016, bannerlord, gonna see M&B Bannerlord Floris mod 1.0?
anywho last post so ill shutup now cheerio

Hi there.

Loving this mod, so I thought I'd drop in a few observations/suggestions.

- Plate seems underwhelming when compared to other armors. It is supposed to be the ultimate armor, but with just a tiny difference compared to other armors, it just doesn't feel right.
- Khegerit balance: I run a mixed Swadia/Rhodok/Nord army and I'm having trouble with the Khegerit, since I suffer greater loses then fighting others. They have very fast horses and most of their troops are mounted - that is good, that's how it should be. But their armor is comparable to swadian/rhodok, when it shouldn't be. They already have a mobiltiy advantage, where is the armor penalty?

Custom Troops - a.k.a., the Freelancers. I'd really like to see some more gear options for them. As the highest tier freelancer units, I hoped their armor/helmet choice would be better.
There is only one place where you can get them and they are expensive compared to stock troops. Make upgrading them more pricey for all I care, just give a bit more options.

Item balance - could use some work, given that there's really a no brainer 99% of the time. For example, the Freelancer Swordmaster. You got 4 two-handed swords to choose from, of which one is VASTLY superior. You really should play a bit with the values. The choice between Greatsword, Claymore, Danish greatsword and that giant sabre is no choice.
Also, the claymore is shorter and smaller then most greatswods, yet here it's the best two-hander available.

When we ask guildmaster " How is trade around here?" He should inform us which goods town is producing and what are the shorthages. And shortage modifier needs modification. Like you can add a pertence Example: Wine (%75), Oil(%%210). %100 is default price. İf default price of wine is 200 and oil is 150; in that town wine is 150 and oil is 315.

Hi everyone. Long time Floris player here.  Thanks for making such an awesome mod. Its still my favorite. Its pretty much the perfect way to play MB in my opinion.

When I play I made some changes:

- I edited Floris' dialogue so he no longer references the "real world" eg. France and Holland as I always pictured Calradia as a completely fictional place like Westeros or Middle Earth.
- I also edited the names of the staff so they no longer have the names of real historical people.
-I also made it possible for the freelancer troops to have the Imperial plate armor, crusader helmet and Dragon greaves that Black Khergit horsemen use. Having a whole army of these guys look so FN cool.

I don't really have any suggestions as this mod is already so damned perfect but I was wondering if it were possible to have quests that relate to the companion's backstory?

For example Odval winning an archery tournament legitimately or helping Alayen and Matheld reclaim their house or Deshavi getting revenge on the bandits who kidnapped her or Nadia defeating the town elder that kills women. Would that be possible?

Rhodoks should be nerfed. They supposed to have militia type soliders. Currently they are too OP. And Swadians need a crossbow tier along with the longbows(rhodok counterparts should be stronger). And Swadians need a proper infantry. Currently they sucks.

Hi I am a big fan of your work and love what you have done with war band, and I would like to make a suggestion for an extra cheat for the game, nothing big really and it can go right into an update patch. I was wondering if you can make a cheat where you can choose which factions are at war and which are true allies. It is a dream of mine to have an ultimate war, rhodoks, swadia, and nords vs vaegirs, sarrinids, and khergits. As a fan this would mean the world to me, but can easily just accept if you don't want to do it. Thank you for reading.

Ok,this is just a small suggestion not just regarding the Floris mod pack,but the native game as well.Whenever a character puts on certain(all?) helmets,they immediately go bald.This can be best understood when viewing the Kings in the game(Floris).Whenever,for eg; King Ragnar is wearing the crown,he loses his hair,and goes bald.Female characters are worst affected when wearing helmets,that reveal the back part of their heads.They also are made to lose their hair.Though this was intentional,to avoid armor-hair clipping(of some sort),it would be great to see it removed.Just a small suggestion.

kingofstrongstyle said:
-I also made it possible for the freelancer troops to have the Imperial plate armor, crusader helmet and Dragon greaves that Black Khergit horsemen use. Having a whole army of these guys look so FN cool.

Can anyone tell me please how I can make the same changes?

As much as I find this mod very well done and very interesting, I count myself in the number of those who find the various "real world references"... odd.
About troops in particular, I'd rather have them named in some descriptive way (like in Native) rather than some unintelligible (for me, at least) language.

How about an option to remove those from dialogue and rename troops/items?

Or can someone point me to some submod that does that?

Maan said:
As much as I find this mod very well done and very interesting, I count myself in the number of those who find the various "real world references"... odd.
About troops in particular, I'd rather have them named in some descriptive way (like in Native) rather than some unintelligible (for me, at least) language.

How about an option to remove those from dialogue and rename troops/items?

Or can someone point me to some submod that does that?
Its actually quite easy to tell them apart.If you are talking only about the names,then yes,it will be difficult to know who's who.But I found it very interesting.You might already know the 'codenames' of every unit.This codename contains what type of unit it is.As far as I know from experience,they are:
*C1 -1st tier of Cavalry
*I7-7th tier of Infantry
*H5-5th tier of Horse archers,etc....

It might not be the exact definitions,but after observation,its really easy to understand.Of course the names will be hard to get used to.But to think how much historical accuracy there is!I recommend you familiarize with the codenames(unless you haven't),and just try to associate them with it.As for any submods or anything, I don't know of any that could help you.

Back
Top Bottom