Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Not sure if this mod is still accepting requests, but perhaps in Freelancer mod, when the entire army is defeated and the lord is captured, the player doesnt have to tour the entire world finding the captured lord just to rejoin the army? I mean, how is the lord going to know one single soldier survived?

You can edit that with Morgh's. Unfortunately, aside from community edits, Floris is unlikely to get updated soon as the team seems to be on extended hiatus, so we'll have to rely on community edits and personal modifications for small edits like that.

Hanakoganei said:
... Unfortunately, aside from community edits, Floris is unlikely to get updated soon as the team seems to be on extended hiatus, so we'll have to rely on community edits and personal modifications for small edits like that.

This saddens me, even though I suspected it would be true. Just getting back into Warband after my own hiatus. Warband 2 is too far away for me to devour information (virtually none exists) into spreadsheets and database queries, but too nearby to make continuation of work on Warband 1 mods worth while. I am in the twilight zone of internet horse fighting addiction.

-Daeghen

Daeghen said:
...but too nearby to make continuation of work on Warband 1 mods worth while. I am in the twilight zone of internet horse fighting addiction.
I wouldn't go that far.  From what they have released I doubt we'll see Bannerlord anytime in the next year which makes plenty of reason to continue modding.

A "small" suggestion:

Currently the Ships doens't have much of a use. How about making some islands?

A Island can be a small landmass containing a city, with villages, or a Castle with a village. Nothing major. Some large islands would be nice too.

Some map improvements:

Ruins; Castles and citys far away, that is in ruins. These cityes can be rebuild by claiming them. There will be a lot of bandits/outlaws around them (when claiming the ruin, one also have to wipe out a force of bandits like a siege)

Monstaries/Mosques: Places where one can go, and recruit monks, A good place to recover from wounds.

Some "adventure"/"quest" Places. Places (ie. a forest) where you can just walk aroun, kill bandits, loot the place and such. Just the person itself.

Genereally a larger map would be awesome. So large that there allways will be new adventures!

Some unit changes:

I really like elephants. Really. But giving the elephant a good melee, and give the slavetrader a throwing weapon. It would be nice to see a elephant chage into battle, with the slaverchief sitting on top, throwing stuff "down".
However, im not sure if it can be coded - because i think they will just keep a distance then...

@up:

An Island

Monstaries/Mosques
Monastaries

Btw, all your ideas are great imo. It should be great to besiege the city or castle that is on the island :grin:

Give us a possibility to cut your opponent's head like in Vikingr. And voice commands. I want to hear my character's voice on the battlefield screaming: "Cavalry follow me! Infantry take this possition! Archers fire at will! Cavalry charge!" and all other commands.

And make elephant possible to buy in a shop.

lllAnteklll said:
Btw, all your ideas are great imo. It should be great to besiege the city or castle that is on the island :grin:

Thank you. And yeah - there are some grammar errors, but you understand what im trying to say  :smile:

Making the elephant possible to buy, would be fun. But then it should be a "foreign merchant" who can be found in the taverns, who Sells all the exotic stuff.

It would also be great, to be able to fully customize custom troops.
Giving them equipment bought in shops, and so on (special armors etc.). This would make the troops Unique...!

Duh said:
and utterly overpowered :razz:

Well... THey might be strong. But at the time you can afford super armor to ALL your custom troops, and manage to have lots of them you are already "powerfull enough". The weekly wage, should increase with the Price of the equipment they are wearing :wink:

You dont need to buy them for all your troops, because troops arent individual. There is one template that determines all the troops of that kind, so once that template is changed, all troops have the according equipment.

Not to mention that the troops would all have crazy stats so that they can use all the equipment in the game.

Duh said:
You dont need to buy them for all your troops, because troops arent individual. There is one template that determines all the troops of that kind, so once that template is changed, all troops have the according equipment.

Not to mention that the troops would all have crazy stats so that they can use all the equipment in the game.

I know.

But buying a good armor for as much as I1, I2, I3, I4, I5 and I6 becomes pretty expensive. Not to mention cavalry and Archers.

Except that there wouldnt be any difference between the troops (i.e. all high stats, so that they can wear all armor), so you really only need to equip one. Furthermore this wouldnt be feasible for faction troops as the player would otherwise also alter all AI troops.

Well, there would be difference between units because of skill. However, if you equip t1 units with t7 equipment, you'll still get decent power. Not mentioning that t3 units(which are very easy to get) already have some considerable skills. When you compare the troops from native and expanded troop trees, you'll realize that top units are on power level of t3-t4 units! (those _n troop trees are more or less native, aren't they? I haven't played native for very long, so I don't remember).

Leifdin said:
However, if you equip t1 units with t7 equipment, you'll still get decent power.
If you want the units to use their equipment, they need to have according skills. Unless you mean to lower requirements for all items to match tier 1 units, the units would have to have stats that allow them to use all items.

Well anyone is free to implement such a thing and offer it as a submod, just wanted to give you folks the original reasoning behind our decision against a broader custom troop approach.

First of all, thanks for this great mod. It completely changes the style of play and performance-wise, it is great. Even with my really old computer, I can play with an acceptable performance (By reducing the graphic levels to bare minimum of course  :smile:)

A couple of people mentioned the below suggestions in different posts but I would like to sum them up:

In Brytenwalda, Renown has a greater effect on party size. This is logical since the more you are known, the more people would like to follow you. This can be implemented in Floris as well. If need be, it can be tweaked a little. Below is an example in which the values are totally arbitrary:

We have a character with 10 points of Charisma (CH), 2 points of Leadership (Ld) and 50 Renown (Rwn).

We have a base party size of 10 men.
1 points of CH increases the party size by 1.
1 point of Ld increases the party size by 5.
And let’s say:
    -At 0 point in Ld, the effect of Rwn is: 20 Rwn increases party size by 1
    -At 1 point in Ld, the effect of Rwn is: 15 Rwn increases party size by 1
    -At 2 point in Ld, the effect of Rwn is: 10 Rwn increases party size by 1

So, the party size limit is: 10 men due to CH, 10 men due to Ld, 5 men due to Rnw (Ld:2) and base size 10 men. The party size is then 35 men.

As I said before these values are totally arbitrary and it should be tweaked. I just want to emphasize the importance of Renown and the effect of Leadership skill on Renown. By increasing Leadership you learn how to handle people following you because of your increased Renown.

The Prisoner Management (PM) skill can act similarly. It is illogical for a force of 100 men just handling 5 prisoners. For example:
For 1 point of PM, 10 of your soldiers can hold 1 prisoner.
For 2 points of PM, 7 of your soldiers can hold 1 prisoner, etc.
So, again, you teach your men how to handle prisoners with your ability.

Finally, thanks again for the developers and contributors of this great mode.

Back
Top Bottom