SP - General Suggestions to make the world feel more alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Remove the repetition.

1. Less crowded world - In this case less is more. You can't go very far in this world without running into another castle/town with villages and it's very repetitive. The far east feels exactly the same as the far west. The far north
looks like the far south but snow covered. The world is so overcrowded there is no room for uniqueness. Conquering a certain town feels no different than the previous 20 towns I captured. There isn't one unique castle I'm drawn to more
than the others. This makes it feel pretty lifeless

2. A layer of intrigue would breath life into repetitive game play - Recruit, siege, conquer and repeat. I understand that is the core aspect of the game, but it feels almost like that is the only aspect of the game that has any significance
to it. This repetition gets old long before you even conquer an entire faction. The world would feel more alive if there were more ways to spread your influence other than sieges and conquering castles and towns. I listed some ideas
in that regards below:

- Stoke a coup or a rebellion: Gauge the loyalties and frustrations of faction members towards their faction leaders. Use these wavering loyalties or frustration to build toward a coup or a rebellion. Perhaps as the leader of the coup,
you would gain the throne if the faction leader is disposed or you could have a system where you could choose a claim to the throne that the coup or rebellion would support.

- Assassinations: Assassinations attempts could add a very interesting layer of intrigue to the game. Successful assassinations could be a hidden way to remove roadblocks to your quest for power, without having to declare war on an entire faction.
Failed assassinations could have you on the run giving you a meaningful reason to switch loyalties to an opposing faction.

- Advantageous marriages: The current marriage system seems to lack any uniqueness to it. During the medieval era advantageous marriages were one of the only forms of social mobility within the noble class. There isn't really much difference between
marrying a poor noble woman of Aserai compared to marrying the daughter of Empress Rhagaea and that just doesn't seem believable. Spouses seem to just become another companion with no other significant advantages. Spouses should keep
their claims and holdings unless otherwise negotiated the faction leader, for some this would obviously drive up the threshold for successful negotiations, which would feel realistic. Building yourself/family name up to the point of being able to
make advantageous marriages for yourself or heirs would be an extremely entertaining aspect of the game in my opinion. Imagine working your way up within a faction to the point of being the faction leaders favorite and most trusted lord and
being able to unite your families through marriage and having your heir eventually inheriting the throne or at least a claim to the throne. Imagine expanding your kingdom's power through an advantageous marriage alliance that provides you an army
or ally to march into battle with. Imagine your kingdom one day being able to combine with another through a common heir to both thrones. Add to this the idea of coups, rebellions, and assassinations and you are approaching the entertainment
intrigue level that made the Game of Thrones novels or television series famous.

3. NPC déjà vu: I can't stress this one enough. It feels like there is 3 NPCs re-skinned a thousand different ways in the game. For an example, all lords say the exact same thing and do the exact same thing. I understand the game is still in
early access but I hope this is something that the developers heavily focus on soon. It truly makes the game dull and repetitive fast. Variation in dialog and AI decisions would go a long way to breathing life into this game. I can't tell you
how many times I've challenged a small army of 15 with an army of 100 and instead of surrendering or even attempting to negotiate they have chosen to die. Sure, I'd imagine there are some lords who would be that stubborn but it is unrealistic
that every lord would make this decision. As another example, it seems like every lord in a faction follows their faction leader without question. Faction leaders should certainly demand a high level of influence however some meaningful
resistance to their decisions is expected.

What are some suggestions you would make to make this world feel more alive?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can say to 2. And 3. I would love to see this in game. Point 2. Would be a little bit of Crusader Kings II in this game. Would make a nice addition to the setting in the Game. Especially i have tried to marry a factions leaders son and a doughter becouse i thought something like you suggest would be already in the game but the only outcome was always my spouse joined my clan and nothing else no claim on the throne no way to start a rebellion to take on the throne in warband as i remember there was some kind of lost prince or a bastard son for each faction who you could fighting for start something like a rebellion and reclaim the throne for him With the marriage system and own children in the game the way is set to devolp such things further as there is no need for a questgiver bastart prince as you can produce the throne claims by yourself. Thats kind of boring if such things are not in the game and i dont know something like this is planned . I hope they will implement it.

Agreed on 2. There needs to be more things to do during peace time.

Also agree on 3. I think there is a serial killer loose, who masquerades as a relative of minor nobles in order to get them to pay the wehrgild, because I'm sure I've saved the same guy a 100 times by the look of his face. Either that or there is some genetic factor to hot headedness that is tied to facial features.

I disagree on point 1. There should be more villages around, but some should be visibly smaller or larger than the other. Currently the map seems a bit empty seeing as a kingdom consists of some 10 villages.

"Ira is the daughter of Rhagaea, one of the three claimants to the imperial throne, and the slain emperor Arenicos. At one point, her father appeared to be grooming her as his heir. But though she took well to imperial campaigns, she also displayed a wild side unbecoming of imperial dignity, carousing in taverns with other young aristocrats and even appearing in the arenas as a gladiator. She is Rhagaea’s heir apparent, but her mother makes no secret of wishing to find her a responsible consort to ensure the continuation of the dynasty."

I would hope this text was included with the idea that you would (eventually) be able to marry Ira and set up some sort of dynastic inheritance of the throne. Whether it allows you to immediately press a claim as emperor due to being the husband of Ira or eventually press the claim of your child, my expectation from this text would be that this is an eventual feature of the game. If this text was included and there was no intention to include a feature similar to this it would be quite the tease and very disappointing. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I see this included in a future roadmap from the developers.

+1 on including dynastic politics. Implementing something like this would make the game appeal to a larger audience. I believe including dynastic politics could really be huge for the Mount and Blade series.

Yup I agree. Bannerlord does an awesome job at reminding me that this is a computer simulated game (a poor one at that), instead of being an exciting immersive world to play and conquer in.

You have to remember it’s an EA release because the community demanded it for years and they ran out of funding, these features are planned to be added in at some point and have been spoken about before by devs and callum but will take a long tome to add due to the amount of suggestions on everything for both singpleplayer and multiplayer and also the dozens of bugs for both but also releasing rven more **** like modding tools and servers.

Hold up, when/where was that stated?

I would have just assumend so, based on the context. The studio did not release any commercially successful games in years. I doubt that turky heavily subsidizes them, like the czechs do for their studios. And now the covid-19 crisis, which is taken as a opportunity for many businesses to blame it for their quetsionable business of the last view years. And of course the totally broken state of the game, that would make even an alpha-status an overrating.

So by just adding 2 and 2, it would make sense to assume, that they were in financial trouble. But who knows, maybe i and others are just jumping the shark here out of cynism.

? Congratulations on being added to the Top Curated Feedbacks! ?

_K9De.png

Maybe breaking news if you don’t actively speak about the game and the studio
The Turkish government stopped the funding for them and they announced EA shortly after they lesrnt that lol it’s a well known thing

Where the articles about this ?

Where the articles about this ?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1743352529761047406/ ==== heres @Callum post about that

We fund the development of the game ourselves using the money we have made from our other titles, and to be honest, you would have to be pretty silly to believe that any sort of government grant would be enough to cover all expenses.

The game hasn't been released yet because it isn't ready. There is no great conspiracy to keep this game in development for as long as possible. Surely you can see it would be in our best interest to release the product we are working on so that we can profit from it. However, we have chosen to take our time to ensure that the game is fun and enjoyable, with as few bugs as possible, so that players actually get their money's worth when they buy the game.

Back
Top Bottom