SP - General Suggestions to make the world feel more alive

Users who are viewing this thread

Lots of different ideas in OP, but I agree that the rebellion / insurrection mechanics (bottom up peasant revolts, noble level defections and secessions, etc) are undercooked and would add a lot to the gameplay / immersion.

In particular, nobles should be able to conspire together and secede together to form same culture new kingdoms. It would be interesting, and it would help w snowballing.

I think they could really easily make the game world feel bigger by just shrinking all the game models on the map by maybe 50 to 75% and make movement for everything slower across the board. It should take an in game month to cross the map.

Having said that I think there should be much much more villages keep the map from being too empty. Some regions should be particularly dense and others particularly empty.

I was thinking you should also add in a load of other map locations to interact with like caves, forests, outposts, secret society and religious headquarters, forests, mines, lumbercamps and NPC quest givers

Lots of different ideas in OP, but I agree that the rebellion / insurrection mechanics (bottom up peasant revolts, noble level defections and secessions, etc) are undercooked and would add a lot to the gameplay / immersion.

In particular, nobles should be able to conspire together and secede together to form same culture new kingdoms. It would be interesting, and it would help w snowballing.

Agreed. Rebellion/insurrection mechanics would certainly make the Kingdoms feel more realistic and give that high level of turmoil that is appropriate for the era.

I think they could really easily make the game world feel bigger by just shrinking all the game models on the map by maybe 50 to 75% and make movement for everything slower across the board. It should take an in game month to cross the map.

Having said that I think there should be much much more villages keep the map from being too empty. Some regions should be particularly dense and others particularly empty.

I never thought of the idea of just shrinking the game models, that is a great idea! I agree to that there should be a varying degree of density across regions. Everywhere in the world feels the same right now.

Back
Top Bottom