Suggestions & Solutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Deadman04 said:
I hope this has not already been suggested.

So I am one of those romantics who sacrifices a few companion so they can march with my infantry divisions carrying a flag and spontoon.  It makes my lines look more organized, and helps to identify which is which quickly without having to shuffle though the number keys.

Now my thought is that it would be nice if each division had a banner carrier.  Or at least each subset, IE Footguard, Marine, Grenadier and so forth. Another improvement that might work is if the flags were slotted to pole-arms, using either the M&M style flying flag or a draped one that is not flowing in the wind.

It adds some extra flair to battlefields, without sacrificing a potentially powerful companion.

You should play Europe 1805 II War Of The Third Coalition Mod (not for Warband)

I gave the 1812 mod a try it has flag carriers, works alright but is still in the early stages.
Also another thing that came to mind, in the Floris expansion mods there are support troops, hunters, monks, doctors, that you can have in your party that give stat boosts to their relative professions.
Would be a nice addition to have a few medics in your auxiliary after a bloody battle to boost survival and healing rates.

I have a little suggestion (if it's not done yet). Can you add running and standing animations with musket from Old Frontier? I think it'll make battles more realistic and picturesque.

perhaps, instead of making it a spear weapon, make it hand armor that is slung over you back? Though, I personally don't see how that would work :razz:.

Thx guys for feedback, and sorry if I cannot be active as in the past, on all 3 Mods Forums... :oops:

Well, actually, it is possible to set the "carry" of flags permanently on the back (as muskets, see?) and it looks not bad...

I will see how to handle it in the future.... :wink:
Gab

GABRILDURO said:
it is possible to set the "carry" of flags permanently on the back (as muskets, see?) and it looks not bad
IMHO not as good as this:
1776Am1.jpg

Maybe this one could be helping...
Surely some of you knows it yet, this is a documentary by History Channel about American Revolution. There are 13 episodes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diY7q6FikAA&list=PL1AFDF98476F1191B

Anyway I have some suggestions.
Do you think that would be possible to make this mod more historic than now? I mean by inserting historical battle or video clip where is possible. If possible.
It would be more captivating if we could start a campaign fighting beside the "rebels" at Bunker Hill or alongside the british...
I find really boring to save that snotty from the bandits anytime I begin to play a new game or a new mod!!
And more...I don't know if you are working on it yet but, adding artillery units with real cannons and crews would be more exciting!
I'd like to see new battle maps. I mean, more open field battles with buildings used for cover and less rugged maps. There are too "picks" on the battlefield!!  :shock:  :mrgreen:
Have a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFpFHj4XfFg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FryUmRNrBeQ

Of course, that could be a hard work, but I'm just asking you if it's possible...

Oh, one last thing!!
It would be more "revolutionary" if generals and Washington are not indicated as owners of villages, cities and forts but as defenders, like an HQ is established there.
I don't want to be a subject of the colonies but a citizen  :grin:

That is all for the moment!! I'm sorry if I talked about something that has been said yet, but sometimes I get lost through all these threads!!

Actually it is all very interesting and I would love to add all U said.
Unfortunately this is just a Mod and I am just a Modder, and I swear that what I already did, with the great help of some "number one" mates, is just a lot.
I mean....only a full modder (that knows like me about most mechanics to change the main Native Game) can understand the huge effort and incredible amount of time that was put in such a
Full Converted Wb Mod, see?
Changing things is already a miracle of work. Adding new features is ....well...Game Programmers cannot do some things, either...imagine the poor us "humble" Modders.  :oops:

The main thing is also that we all do it for free and for the Comunity...but it is, at all effects, a hard Job.

I find it difficult to even go back on some bugs and fix them permanently, atm.
Cuz it takes time, I need to work on 1755 and 1860s as well, and....sometimes I loose even the most important thing: MOTIVATION!  :twisted:

Thx for posting, supporting and encouraging, anyway.
That is most apreciated, always!  :wink:

Gab
PS....I am going to bet that even this comment that I just posted, will be ignored after a couple of new posts.
...that s the .Net, Folks!  :twisted:

I know Gab, don't worry!!
I red everything you wrote about you, your family and your life. I'm close to you, really! I noticed we have many common interests...like the Seven Years War, the American Revolution and the American Civil War. Even body building  :grin:
Anyway, I'm not demanding you to do all the hard work! That's way (if you allow me) I will try to find any sort of help from some modders I know!! And if someone has patient enough, I could be instructed on modding M&B...
I'm offering you my help.

just 1 thing please could we just have 1 type of gun ammo not 2. but great update keep up the great work
:grin:

Thx.
Nope...atm I want and I need to keep them like that.
I prefer common ammos as well, and they are like that on 1860s and 1755, but on 1776 things are too much different to go back to one ammo only.
Also, many players, prefer 2 ammos and sounds, instead, see?  :eek:

Ok, folks.
Now pls, slow down on Suggestions and....go for a strong posting on the many new or fixed things of the 1.5 version!!!
Pics and Vids on top!  :wink:
...but also gameplay descriptions, expecially commenting the things that U liked the most !

Gab

Dlent said:
Big fan of 1755 mod, about to download and try this one.

One thing i have always wanted in a mod for Warband was a vanity armour slot. So then you could wear the better armour you want, but not look like some weird miss matched guy with a crown, an Indian body, and civil war boots. This way you could wear the style of set you want, but not have to suffer with your armour, you could have 4 vanity slots, and 4 real armour slots. If this is already added (probably not), sorry for suggesting something there already.

I doubly concur on this one. I don't want to look like an Indian with +40 headgear on my English gentleman. I think above might be a cool idea!

It's still a lot of modding work, and all modding development of GABRILDURO's one-man mod 'team' is currently focussed on 1860s. I know of no plans of incorporating the cannons in every single Sp mod. It could have big changes for gameplay too, I think...

Back
Top Bottom