Suggestions & Solutions

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
EDIT by Gabrilduro:

Sorry to announce that I will have to seriously limit my time dedicated to this mod and have other people take care of any progress on it.

I hope that the many friends that Pmed me lately and new ones, will still support this Mod and have it progress.

Few days ago I swore to my dear darling wify to dedicate much more time to her and to my kids, expecially to Gabriele, the 9 yo male.
He was confirmed to have a Syndrom of Tourette, last year (Auldman & Crumbs well knew all my personal story ) and we went through a real hell, having him visited privately by best Professors, dating weekly his teachers and following him daily with his homeworks  :roll: .... :???:
Really I don t know how the heck I could do all I did in 2011 and still taking care of 3 Mods !!!!!  :shock:
I remember the most intense period, when me and Crumby were close to get kicked out of homes by our wifes,  :eek:...... since we would work till late at night and got up at 5 to still work on modding, before work!!!
I had a very long speech with my wify and she was very tender in telling me that she loves all the care that I always had for her and my kids....but lately she can see that I am always worried on getting on my forums, handling Team problems, modding my 3 Mods..etc etc
...in one word BEING BUSY WITH THAT FRIGGEN MAUNTENBLEIDE (as she calls it  :twisted: ) STUFF!!!
Ohh, well....I will see how to handle all my life this new year.
I am a WARRIOR! Always been, heheheh

Thx for all the support that I always received from all of you, and counting on any help that will be given to whoever will candidate to keep this Gabrilduro' s Mod progressing  :wink:

Gab

OLD TEXT:
A lot of enthusiasm is going around for this Mod....hehehe
and to be honest, folks....my brain is FULL with ideas as well (sure you know Gabby's ideas :lol: )....but really, WE NEED to concentrate on basic things, like me and my Team keep on saying.
So....I made this suggestions topic of our Mod:
"Suggestions&Solutions" Topic, in order for ppl to, yes....suggest things, but also, give SOLUTIONS as well, when possible.

Cuz we barely have the time to do the basic things and fix the whole structure....imagine any new issue, hah!  :twisted:

But thx v m for your affectionated enthusiasm  :wink:
gab

Hi Gab,

I'm not very active on the forums but I have been following the production of 1776 since its announcement and so far, I think it's amazing and has a lot of further potential. A job well done to you and the team.

I don't know whether this is already possible and I just can't work out how to do it but I'd quite like to customize my own nations troop trees. I know you can view the trees for all countries and see the equipment for each unit but I would like, when I create my own faction, to be able to edit the equipment of my troops.

biggy567 said:
Hi Gab,

I'm not very active on the forums but I have been following the production of 1776 since its announcement and so far, I think it's amazing and has a lot of further potential. A job well done to you and the team.

I don't know whether this is already possible and I just can't work out how to do it but I'd quite like to customize my own nations troop trees. I know you can view the trees for all countries and see the equipment for each unit but I would like, when I create my own faction, to be able to edit the equipment of my troops.
Hi, thx for nice words.  :wink:
Know Morgh s Mod tool?
You need that to fix anything you d like, but is quite difficult at start  :smile:
Gabby

haha 
This WB‘s Volley Fire code
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,161079.0.html
i think it  suitable for 1776MOD or 1755 MOD. :grin:

Lespaul521 said:
I'm pretty sure this goes here... The current versions uniforms for the Americans are too purply. They should be more navy blue.

Yes we know. We were supposed to get uniforms from our previous modeler only he sent us British redcoats labled Continental infantry instead before he departed the team. We used some stop-gap models that were originally made for a MP version of our 1755 mod but discarded. At some point we will re-work the American infantry.

Hey guys, first off just want to say I'm very impressed by the mod even if it's in its early stages, thanks for all of you dedicating your own time for our entertainment  :mrgreen: . Some problems I encountered were that the Iroquois' archers fire way too fast, it's a bit of a game breaker(Might be other factions too that use bows as well). I also found some of the shoes on certain npc's aren't even connected and float behind them, also the continental officer outfit(I think that's the name, could be wrong) outfit is in a static position. 

Big fan of 1755 mod, about to download and try this one.

One thing i have always wanted in a mod for Warband was a vanity armour slot. So then you could wear the better armour you want, but not look like some weird miss matched guy with a crown, an Indian body, and civil war boots. This way you could wear the style of set you want, but not have to suffer with your armour, you could have 4 vanity slots, and 4 real armour slots. If this is already added (probably not), sorry for suggesting something there already.

One small thing for me.

The mod is brilliant. first things first. Only suggestion I can come to think of is that if possible, when cavalry charge into infantry and knock them down, increase the damage. To put it into a simple form, when being hit by a horse running towards you at 30+ MPH, you dont simply go "Oof!" and shake it off. Increase le damage and ill be your best friend.

while I agree in principle to the calvary doing more damage I also have to chime in the balance form on horse charging. If we increase the damage too much then what would be the point of having infantry? you would just run down your opponents (and Warband already has an issue with calvary) and if I recall correctly calvary have had "limited" uses throughout the war (I'm not an expert by any means when it comes to this time period)

also I would fear that random horse that seems to bump into you when there is calvary on the battlefield would cause some issue too if its increased, after all it did "charge" into you :razz:

I'll take a look and test things to see if a minor increase in damage would be fine without causing issues in gameplay, but no promises  :cool:

keep up the suggestions guys these are good

Hmmm... makes sense. Perhaps some bit of coding for the horses (anyone else get the feeling horses INTENTIONALLY headhunt YOU and run into YOU just to be trolls?) and their AI might fix that... make them afraid of soldiers or the gunshots... idk. But i think in general a horse running into you should cause more damage anyway. And if it becomes a problem for the infantry, just have them able to brace their bayonets :razz:

in all truth they would, but the AI here is really really REALLY stupid. Most of the time I feel they are just trying to get away from the fighting and you just happen to be in their erratic running.

I do agree they should do more damage. if anything (if I could code this it would be great) a morale decrease  to the troops when hit by a horse than actual damage. a charging unit of calvary has more affect on morale than actual damage :cool: hmmmmmmmmmmm now Im thinking....

LtSpearing said:
Hmmm... makes sense. Perhaps some bit of coding for the horses (anyone else get the feeling horses INTENTIONALLY headhunt YOU and run into YOU just to be trolls?) and their AI might fix that... make them afraid of soldiers or the gunshots... idk. But i think in general a horse running into you should cause more damage anyway. And if it becomes a problem for the infantry, just have them able to brace their bayonets :razz:
I did not change that in 1776 v.0,1 (Delly is taking care of 1776 progress at the moment  :cool: ) but in 1755 and 1860s I DID increase the damage of horses running on you (see when buying a horse their skills  :wink: ) and also the damage when jumping from buildings.
It takes 2/3 times to kill infantry running on them, now. With natives it took twice, hehehe
Didn t you notice?
I do agree with Dellivis, though. No more damage than I made already in 1755/1860s. Or a horse running alone in the field, even one of your killed men,  will kill you in one hit!! :roll:
Gab

Awwww no more damage?! Then we could have kamikazee horse charges and scream ALLLLAAAAHHHHACKBAAAAAAARRRR!!!!

Oh well, fair enough. *Toddles over to 1755 mod to download that* It seems my modules folder has more 17555/1776/1860 than any other mod... DAMN YOU GABS!!!! :razz:

LtSpearing said:
Awwww no more damage?! Then we could have kamikazee horse charges and scream ALLLLAAAAHHHHACKBAAAAAAARRRR!!!!

Oh well, fair enough. *Toddles over to 1755 mod to download that* It seems my modules folder has more 17555/1776/1860 than any other mod... DAMN YOU GABS!!!! :razz:
Hahahaha.... :wink:

LtSpearing said:

hehe I know how you feel. I before I "cleaned out" my modules folder I have/had 8 different 1755 versions (2 were for editing/tweaking before I got recruited to team :cool: ), 4 for 1776 , and 4 for 1860s. haha only other mods I actually have played a little bit were my diplomacy, freelancer (very little it got pretty boring fast), 1257 and Brytenwalda  excellent mods just now I have no time to play them

I too blame Gab and a person named Imgran, who got me started on this warpath known as modding!

God I know how you feel doubly. I had 3 different versions of MM, 2 versions of 1776 and 1 version of 1755/1860 each, as well as 3 vikingr versions as well... lmao I swear the nostalgia factor is IMMENSE when cleaning the folder out.

You should improve muskets power and decrease fire rate for more realism (between 20-30), also improve greatly the bullet speed(some weapons shoot like fair guns). Make all regulars attack with bayonets, give swords only to officers, it will look better while in battle. Good luck.  :smile:

Herssir said:
You should improve muskets power and decrease fire rate for more realism (between 20-30), also improve greatly the bullet speed(some weapons shoot like fair guns). Make all regulars attack with bayonets, give swords only to officers, it will look better while in battle. Good luck.  :smile:

Most soldiers only have infantry hangers.  However if I gave some topline swords I'll switch those to officers. Top tier troops have bayonets. I did it that way because if your upgrading your troops they have to upgrade to something and a bayonet is an improvement. Just for balance. But I am open to changing that.

Back
Top Bottom