Users who are viewing this thread

Want to keep this as short as possible. The way Bannerlord looks and the combat needs no improvement in my opinion. Graphics are stunning and gameplay is great, so hats off to TaleWorlds for that. However I do believe there could be more content and immersion in the game to really make the players feel like they really are in Calradia instead of a combat/grind simulator. These are some things that I would love to see in the game.
  • Actual wedding ceremonies like in Warband, hopefully more expanded.
  • Funerals. (For family members, companions and lords).
  • Birth celebrations.
  • Feasts.
  • Lords can become drunk in feasts, like the drunks in the taverns in warband, and this can cause loss of relation between lords or a lord and player. Can ultimately end in a duel.
  • Drunks in tavern.
  • Dialogue from companions (Disagreeing or agreeing with player choices and information on backstory like in Warband) but hopefully with more detail.
  • More dialogue from lords and wife/family members.
  • More romance features.
  • Trying to escape from guards if sneaking into a town fails.
  • Political Quests within faction.
  • Duels between player and lords or between NPC lords that player can watch. These should only occur due to more than ordinary direct loss of relation or part of a quest. (e.g. if lords have bad relation due to a negative event, such as the courtship of the same lady or disagreements on fief ownership, a duel can occur that a player can watch. There should be a chance of death in duels that results in extreme relation loss).
  • More interactive and immersive quests from lords, notables and merchants.
  • Bounty Hunter quests from Gang leaders (like in warband when hunting down a fugitive).
  • Assassination attempts like in Warband (if relation with a lord becomes extremely low).
  • Bandit traps.
  • Gardens for lords and lady's to visit and walk through as part of the keep (Can be used during courtship).
  • Balcony on the keep that can be seen from the town below. Allows a player at the start of their Bannerlord journey to see a prosperous lord or lady looking down at the town from their high balcony in the keep. Should be a chance that a lord or lady is standing up there every time a player takes a walk through the streets. Adds immersion in my opinion. Can also be used as part of romance and courtship.
  • *edit* I also think that when watching tournaments you should be watching from the crowd, or perhaps an area created for that purpose. This might seem unnecessary work with such small impact on the game, however its the small details that count and when it comes to immersion every detail is valuable. I realise this would mean that the crowd would need more work on how they look but I think this would be worth it as previously mentioned.
If anyone agrees/disagrees or can expand in the comments I'd love to talk about it!

Last edited:
I agree, a lot of these sound great but the "bandit traps" sounds awesome, too often we the players can just blunder through the world without caring because we see whats coming. It would be truly awesome if bandits laid traps for us to catch us off guard! This would get even BETTER if DESERTERS were brought back and THEY laid traps... Ouch! Certain traits would become more paramount (scout).

As for the rest... Agree with most, the world currently is just so bland and 2D compared to Warband when it comes to just "life" happening or coming back to bite you in the rear end with assassins in the streets at night.

I agree, the Calradia of Bannerlord doesn't seem like a realistic world your character is living in. More immersive content would really catapult Bannerlord from a good combat/grind sim to a all round god-tier game in my opinion, as the world would become so much more dynamic and engaging for players.

I miss more interactions with companions. Back in Warband they talk with you randomly (eg when travelling through their homeland) or express opinion if you've done something bad.

Your list looks great but I would like to add one more thing. I'm really looking forward to upgrading the clan tier system. Since tier 4 and up you get only bigger party size and companions limit. I'd love to see something more interactive with the kingdom you belong to. Some kind of influential power over the lesser tier clans or more diplomatic options (like planning a rebellion, becoming a marshall/main general in the war).

combat needs an overhaul to make it less mutliplayer-like (where anyone can kill anyone and stats basically don't matter) but i agree with this list as it stands

now we just wait for certain people to come in here and tell us why these features are Bad Actually and why Warband was actually terrible

I disagree about the combat. It needs a ton of work, and a ton of balance changes. I do like a lot of your other suggestions though, especially the suggestions that populate a place with something called "life". lol

combat needs an overhaul to make it less mutliplayer-like (where anyone can kill anyone and stats basically don't matter) but i agree with this list as it stands

now we just wait for certain people to come in here and tell us why these features are Bad Actually and why Warband was actually terrible
I agree, there should be a marked difference between the HP of a looter and a hardened knight never mind their armor. Warband had that, now everything can take multiple hits no matter how "weak" they are, I am tired of seeing looters running away from me with multiple arrows in them. It would be nice to also see armor just block blows because it is good quality armor rather than be a % mitigation.

I miss more interactions with companions. Back in Warband they talk with you randomly (eg when travelling through their homeland) or express opinion if you've done something bad.

Your list looks great but I would like to add one more thing. I'm really looking forward to upgrading the clan tier system. Since tier 4 and up you get only bigger party size and companions limit. I'd love to see something more interactive with the kingdom you belong to. Some kind of influential power over the lesser tier clans or more diplomatic options (like planning a rebellion, becoming a marshall/main general in the war).
That sounds like a great idea.

I agree, there should be a marked difference between the HP of a looter and a hardened knight never mind their armor. Warband had that, now everything can take multiple hits no matter how "weak" they are, I am tired of seeing looters running away from me with multiple arrows in them. It would be nice to also see armor just block blows because it is good quality armor rather than be a % mitigation.
in my opinion it is not a problem of HP or statistics.
it is a problem of the armor system and consequently of the damage that is inflicted or received.
But the damage value or vulnerability a given unit has against another depends on what the two sides are wearing.
Currently the armor is very weak although on the surface it seems impenetrable.
And as the armor system currently works they cannot make them better because the risk would be to have practically immortal warriors.
I would prefer a deeper, more tactical combat system that discourages spam against well-protected units rather than a parameter-based and stat-based combat system.
After all, RPG does not mean "statistics and numbers" but "role play", and the "role" is played as much by the character as by his weapon and the parts of armor he wears.
I suggest what I describe in the thread: "Joint hurtboxes and armor hurtboxes: an armor system", which you find as a link under my profile.

Regarding the thread in question, I share everything there is in the thread, although I have additional additions to make that I have posted in my other threads.
I would like to see TRUE supply lines, TRUE messengers, TRUE SPIES, and a system of "issuing and receiving orders" (which the messengers carry and the spies can intercept).
A troop and party displacement system that considers the marching formation and a "form of the campaign map formation" capable of occupying a physical space on the campaign map (for example the column formation would be serpentiform) and followed by the implementation of ambushes.
and lots of other stuff like camps and shelters ..

the combat needs no improvement in my opinion.
Right you obviously haven't been playing multiplayer in the slightest. Killing bots in Captain mode doesn't count.
Chambers still can't be used reliably, the melee itself lacks fluidity and responsiveness which Warband had.

Everything else I agree with tho. Singleplayer feels like an empty shell. A battle simulator themepark which looks like it has a lot more going for it than it really does. Jarring to see that native Warband still has more features and is more in depth than Bannerlord. Its just funny to see how everyone is rejoicing at "massive amazing new features" like keep battles and claimant-civil war quests being added to the game even though they were there all along in the game's predecessor.
More romance features.
Witcher 3 romance scenes with Rhagaea please

This needs to happen.

Want to keep this as short as possible. The way Bannerlord looks and the combat needs no improvement in my opinion. Graphics are stunning and gameplay is great, so hats off to TaleWorlds for that. However I do believe there could be more content and immersion in the game to really make the players feel like they really are in Calradia instead of a combat/grind simulator. These are some things that I would love to see in the game.
  • <SNIP>
If anyone agrees/disagrees or can expand in the comments I'd love to talk about it!
All of the above (well, if there was not a snip there).

Assassinations look like they're almost built out, there is a console command, a world map notification, and a proper encyclopedia entry. Just not any action you can take to do it, yet.

Seems a lot of your ideas were picked up for the latest round of future plan announcements, at least in cinematic view.

Courting needs a big overhaul, the speech "mini-game" is a joke and just not really immersive. I don't like how I can walk up as a "literal who?" and just marry a faction leader's daughter. It needs to tie in with the dynasty system and encyclopedia more, if I marry Ira, I should technically be able to inherit Southern Empire similar to marrying a female claimant in Warband.

Right you obviously haven't been playing multiplayer in the slightest. Killing bots in Captain mode doesn't count.
Chambers still can't be used reliably, the melee itself lacks fluidity and responsiveness which Warband had.

Everything else I agree with tho. Singleplayer feels like an empty shell. A battle simulator themepark which looks like it has a lot more going for it than it really does. Jarring to see that native Warband still has more features and is more in depth than Bannerlord. Its just funny to see how everyone is rejoicing at "massive amazing new features" like keep battles and claimant-civil war quests being added to the game even though they were there all along in the game's predecessor.

No you're right I haven't played multiplayer and I don't plan to xd, but yes I completely agree it just seems so strange to me to leave features out of Bannerlord that were obviously so successful in Warband.

This needs to happen.

All of the above (well, if there was not a snip there).

Assassinations look like they're almost built out, there is a console command, a world map notification, and a proper encyclopedia entry. Just not any action you can take to do it, yet.

Seems a lot of your ideas were picked up for the latest round of future plan announcements, at least in cinematic view.

Courting needs a big overhaul, the speech "mini-game" is a joke and just not really immersive. I don't like how I can walk up as a "literal who?" and just marry a faction leader's daughter. It needs to tie in with the dynasty system and encyclopedia more, if I marry Ira, I should technically be able to inherit Southern Empire similar to marrying a female claimant in Warband.
I agree, courting and romance could do with more depth.

Back
Top Bottom