Currently viewing this thread:

Want to keep this as short as possible. The way Bannerlord looks and the combat needs no improvement in my opinion. Graphics are stunning and gameplay is great, so hats off to TaleWorlds for that. However I do believe there could be more content and immersion in the game to really make the players feel like they really are in Calradia instead of a combat/grind simulator. These are some things that I would love to see in the game.
  • Actual wedding ceremonies like in Warband, hopefully more expanded.
  • Funerals. (For family members, companions and lords).
  • Feasts.
  • Lords can become drunk in feasts, like the drunks in the taverns in warband, and this can cause loss of relation between lords or a lord and player. Can ultimately end in a duel.
  • Drunks in tavern.
  • Dialogue from companions.
  • More dialogue from lords and wife/family members.
  • More romance features.
  • Trying to escape from guards if sneaking into a town fails.
  • Political Quests within faction.
  • Duels between player and lords, or between NPC lords that player can watch. (e.g. if lords have bad relation due to a negative event, such as the courtship of the same lady or disagreements on fief ownership, a duel can occur that a player can watch. There should be a chance of death in duels that results in extreme relation loss).
  • More interactive and immersive quests from lords, notables and merchants.
  • Bounty Hunter quests from Gang leaders (like in warband when hunting down a fugitive).
  • Assassination attempts like in Warband (if relation with a lord becomes extremely low).
  • Bandit traps.
  • Gardens for lords and lady's to visit and walk through as part of the keep (Can be used during courtship).
  • Balcony on the keep that can be seen from the town below. Allows a player at the start of their Bannerlord journey to see a prosperous lord or lady looking down at the town from their high balcony in the keep. Should be a chance that a lord or lady is standing up there every time a player takes a walk through the streets. Adds immersion in my opinion. Can also be used as part of romance and courtship.
If anyone agrees/disagrees or can expand in the comments I'd love to talk about it!

Vekar

Recruit
I agree, a lot of these sound great but the "bandit traps" sounds awesome, too often we the players can just blunder through the world without caring because we see whats coming. It would be truly awesome if bandits laid traps for us to catch us off guard! This would get even BETTER if DESERTERS were brought back and THEY laid traps... Ouch! Certain traits would become more paramount (scout).

As for the rest... Agree with most, the world currently is just so bland and 2D compared to Warband when it comes to just "life" happening or coming back to bite you in the rear end with assassins in the streets at night.

I agree, the Calradia of Bannerlord doesn't seem like a realistic world your character is living in. More immersive content would really catapult Bannerlord from a good combat/grind sim to a all round god-tier game in my opinion, as the world would become so much more dynamic and engaging for players.

TuscanPy

Recruit
I miss more interactions with companions. Back in Warband they talk with you randomly (eg when travelling through their homeland) or express opinion if you've done something bad.

Your list looks great but I would like to add one more thing. I'm really looking forward to upgrading the clan tier system. Since tier 4 and up you get only bigger party size and companions limit. I'd love to see something more interactive with the kingdom you belong to. Some kind of influential power over the lesser tier clans or more diplomatic options (like planning a rebellion, becoming a marshall/main general in the war).

WhyAmIHere

Veteran
combat needs an overhaul to make it less mutliplayer-like (where anyone can kill anyone and stats basically don't matter) but i agree with this list as it stands

now we just wait for certain people to come in here and tell us why these features are Bad Actually and why Warband was actually terrible

Ser Jon

Sergeant at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
I disagree about the combat. It needs a ton of work, and a ton of balance changes. I do like a lot of your other suggestions though, especially the suggestions that populate a place with something called "life". lol

Vekar

Recruit
combat needs an overhaul to make it less mutliplayer-like (where anyone can kill anyone and stats basically don't matter) but i agree with this list as it stands

now we just wait for certain people to come in here and tell us why these features are Bad Actually and why Warband was actually terrible
I agree, there should be a marked difference between the HP of a looter and a hardened knight never mind their armor. Warband had that, now everything can take multiple hits no matter how "weak" they are, I am tired of seeing looters running away from me with multiple arrows in them. It would be nice to also see armor just block blows because it is good quality armor rather than be a % mitigation.

Top Bottom