[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kai, your images aren't working. I'd suggest this:https://tw.greywool.com/i/. Works great.

Suggestion: reduce the size of big axe and long big axe models. They look oversized to me, a bit Warhammer-ish.  Plus they don't fit the stats. Measuring with openBRF a big axe model is about 77, and a long big axe one 89.

Or just change the stats to fit the model and make em two handed.

Suggestion: reduce the size of big axe and long big axe models. They look oversized to me, a bit Warhammer-ish.  Plus they don't fit the stats. Measuring with openBRF a big axe model is about 77, and a long big axe one 89.

Or just change the stats to fit the model and make em two handed.

they were supposed to be rescaled, the older models were all 55 in length. Maybe I'll need to learn how to do it myself :evil:

kalarhan said:
@Kai a alternative for now (until they change it) would be to turn off those messages. You can do that using the main menu -> options (not camp -> options). I do that on big fights (700 dead troops names in the screen is not a good thing hehe).

Plus it's a lot more immersive, especially with banners turned off. :smile:

Would be nice to be able to make the text smaller too though.

It would be very great that, when you choose the option : Dont worry, I'll come back to Friese with an army and kill Hrodulf Haraldsson at the begining with Thonkrik , it allows you to activate a quest once the storyline is done and the quest is to conquer friese then meet the Jarl Hrodulf and kill him

Character Model Suggestion continued

So I just put together some simple installations to give a better idea for imo what would make a better campaign map model for the player and his fleet.

For the player - Something like this would be way better then the oversized bald dude. Just make the character normal sized so he is not bigger.
amiBmom.png

Maybe a few helmet like this for his followers so everybody isn't bald.
fTWiERQ.png

Player character mounted
CgS0CEF.png

Fleet progression for the player's fleet for 1, 3, 5, and 7+ ship fleets respectively.   
daL0T8v.png

I really like the new icons, but I think this would be a good way to polish up a few loose ends of the new system. It would be pretty sweet faction leaders had crowns instead of helmets if that could be managed.

Crown and Long Hair suggestion

Oh which brings up a good point there are no good long hair models that look good with a crown they all have some pretty serious clipping issues in the back. Though there is one long hair model that could work if it was brought in closer to the head in the back.

Clipping issue
LwEIfDb.png

Hair model that could work if back was brought in a closer. So basically a long model designed for a crown.
hSPgj24.png

I hope that i could explain it.

when i wanted to attack a City or Castle, i could see how many units there are in the city.
When there are more than what i have then i leave that City or castle.
Also when i wanted to attack a group of thieves or a group of units.

You will see everythime how many units they have.
Even when you have a castle by yourself then the attacker leaves the Castle alone when they now that there are stronger or more units are in it.

So my question is:  is it possible that you never could see against how many units your are standing.
In the real live in war are the generals also not given to the enemy how many units he has.

For the game and the person who plays the game is it a camble/guess against how many units you are standing for the fight.
Now i could say i attack or i would leave  for a while until i have more units and stronger.

This is just a question.
Thanks for reading this.

kalarhan said:
@Kai a alternative for now (until they change it) would be to turn off those messages. You can do that using the main menu -> options (not camp -> options). I do that on big fights (700 dead troops names in the screen is not a good thing hehe).
I know about the option, but I like to see what's going on, even though it breaks immersion a bit.

reiksmarshal said:
Clipping issue
I've had a TON of these myself. Will screenshot some of them next time I play.

reiksmarshal said:
Yes it is true sea king is capped at 4, but companions stats count towards this as well. I'm not sure what the max is but I have had 7 ships for sure.

Ah sorry, I thought you meant it was possible to get more than 7. Would probably be unnecessary anyway.

I realy would like to see an option to exchange fiefs with other vassals of your realm like in silverstag, floris and number other mods, don't know if it would be too much work to code a system like this from the start for VC, i like to always keep my fiefs as close as possible to each other to defend it better and make them prosper since the AI in Warband seems to always favor to raid or attack player owned fiefs for whatever reason and having a village in northumbria region, a castle in mercia region and a city in east anglia region makes the game looks like a runing simulator because there is ALWAYS some lord from whatever kingdom we are at war trying to raid my village deep in friendly territory while the enemy marshall try to capture my castle or city that is close to our borders '-'

Thanks for the feedback to my other suggestion.

I have another suggestion.

How about we have the option to have more interactivity with our villages?
For example:
- The player could have the option of putting a priest into a village, to increase relations over time
- The player could have the option of setting up a armed guard around a village to thwart of pillagers. Garrison could have a limit depending on prosperity etc

Ok, I'm getting tired of say the same thing... but the RANGED WEAPONS of this game need some real rework/rebalance now.
[list type=decimal]
[*]I tried to start custom battles for testing: I used same factions in the both side(I tried with almost, all the factions except looters), one 100% infantry vs 50/75% infantry 50/25% archers. Always the side who have archers loses. Doesn't matter the faction, the ground, nothing. The archers are useless unities for now.
[*]Contrary to what was said by another forum user in the last time I suggest a rebalance for bows/arrows: the proficiency only raises the damage of melee weapons. Thats the basic system of Mount&Blade, you can see it HERE. Also there is nothing wrote/documented about a possible rework in the proficiencies of ranged weapons in the DLC.
[*]Slings isn't realiable weapons in this DLC: Lowest damage in ranged, aweful accuracy and its completely random, even the lame animation of throwing weapons for slings from Brytenwalda is better then the actual system used by VC.
[/list]
My suggestion for futures patches are:
  • Improve the system of bow/arrows backing then into PIERCING DAMAGE and balancing OTHER ATRIBUTES(speed raiting, accuracy and damage) for balancing.
  • A rework in the system of slings, so they can actually works.
The only usable ranged weapon for now are the throwing weapons, and another thing I noticed, is almost impossible to hit the feet of troops with shield. There is no Shield skill, so, I don't know how it is possible. Every troop have a ocult Shield skill in the max?

OBS: I concluded all observations and suggestions by: 1)PLAYING with all ranged weapons and using builds of skills and atributes maximized for the use of it. 2)Using custom battles to test, and I invite anyone to do the same tests. So if you are against my suggestion, so PLEASE, try to bring a good argument, and don't f*** around with things like: Historical accuracy or "But in real life(...)"

I really apreciate all the work and good job of the VC team but I really don't want to see a DLC with a great potential throwed in the garbage because of a leak of balancing that limit the gameplay. Anyone else agree with me that the ranged weapons should be focused in the futures balancing patches?

vonbalt said:
I realy would like to see an option to exchange fiefs with other vassals of your realm like in silverstag, floris and number other mods, don't know if it would be too much work to code a system like this from the start for VC, i like to always keep my fiefs as close as possible to each other to defend it better and make them prosper since the AI in Warband seems to always favor to raid or attack player owned fiefs for whatever reason and having a village in northumbria region, a castle in mercia region and a city in east anglia region makes the game looks like a runing simulator because there is ALWAYS some lord from whatever kingdom we are at war trying to raid my village deep in friendly territory while the enemy marshall try to capture my castle or city that is close to our borders '-'

Wonderful suggestion!

I can add another one: implement more period themed music into VC. The main theme song is awesome and I love listening to it, but after some time it becomes too repetative. If you haven't got enough time and resourses to spend on a music font, you can always rely on your supportive customers - start a competition for best themed author song. I'm sure there will be a lot of options from which to choose and they will be free. Use as much as you wish. Of course, it will be wonderful to mention these authors in the credits - they will most likely enjoy their own music while playing VC. :smile:

@FelipeII, I agree with all that you said!!!
In a matter of fact, as soon as I tried VC, I immediately went here in the forum and started a topic which was focused on rebalancing those piercing ranged weapons, especially bows.

FelipeII said:
OBS: I concluded all observations and suggestions by: 1)PLAYING with all ranged weapons and using builds of skills and atributes maximized for the use of it. 2)Using custom battles to test, and I invite anyone to do the same tests. So if you are against my suggestion, so PLEASE, try to bring a good argument, and don't f*** around with things like: Historical accuracy or "But in real life(...)"

Have you done the same tests in Native vs a shield-heavy faction like Nords? Messing around with army compositions to find who wins vs pure infantry?

Other than wat was already said, i think you should make it so ramming ships do damage to the ships and u can sink them like that. Why else would i need an attack ship? I try to ram them and it makes me board them.

Also, why not make it so you cannot tell the other ship to hold position or charge XD. That way u may be able to add a sea category like "Ramming Speed" or "Prepare to Board" Etc. Those commands would only work for the other boat of course. Also sorry for the bad grammar, i just woke up.

I find the current map extremely unattractive  :roll: A complete overhaul is imo needed here.

The map should not only be more topographically accurate (Jutland being horribly wrong and way too close to England), it should also include more of Norway, Denmark, and perhaps Skåne (for the Swedish wannabe-vikings). Iceland would be a cool addition to as it was a very central part of Norse lore.

The map should also have a lot more locations/towns/castles/villages as the current also seems to be very empty. HD textures would be a nice addition, and more forest would also do a lot to make the map feel more alive.

But that's just the campaign map, there are loads of other issues I have with the game as it currently is. Hopefully some Mod-team will make an overhaul of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom