[Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HolmgårdViking said:
Goliath118 said:
Honest question is there any chance our suggestions will even be implemented? Because I am seeing lots of good stuff suggested and I have a hunch at least 80% of the stuff suggested won't be put in.

First of. Implementing certain stuff can be a long and diffcult procces and you gotta consider the limits of the Warband engine. 80% of listed suggestions is way to much to ask for and roughly 30% of the suggestions are good ones.
Second. They are most likely using most of their time to fix issues and squash bugs atm. No point in having a ****ton of features that are all bugged.

I think they have done a great job listening to our suggestions and implementing them. As for items armours and weapons varieties and such will be added in the future. One of the devs even said they added some form of  two handed axe, no Dane axe though! If I'm not mistaken they haven't implemented new items yet because it would make save games incompatible.

Well many of the suggestions would only require the work of adding a few lines of dialogue or some new textures I don't believe that will be to Much for the engine to handle, I agree that they are doing there best to listen to our problems but this game should have been finished before it was released.

Goliath118 said:
Well many of the suggestions would only require the work of adding a few lines of dialogue or some new textures I don't believe that will be to Much for the engine to handle, I agree that they are doing there best to listen to our problems but this game should have been finished before it was released.

the title reads: [Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Can we keep the topic and stop talking about other stuff? There are feedback threads, bug threads, even complain threads for that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion:

flavour quests for towns like:

:arrow: collect wood to rebuild the wall
:arrow: collect stones to rebuild the wall (if the city has stone walls)

they would work like the quests the guild master/mayor of a city give us and the reward would be town relation.

kalarhan said:
Goliath118 said:

the title reads: [Suggestions] for Viking Conquest.

Can we keep the topic and stop talking about other stuff? There are feedback threads, bug threads, even complain threads for that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suggestion:

flavour quests for towns like:

:arrow: collect wood to rebuild the wall
:arrow: collect stones to rebuild the wall (if the city has stone walls)

they would work like the quests the guild master/mayor of a city give us and the reward would be town relation.

I understand what the title reads,but I'm inclined to respond to somebody if I want to also.please mind you're own business.

KACollver said:
Agreed, though I believe to balance this with taking a town yourself to make your own kingdom, it would have to be in the extreme limit of expensiveness and material requirement, so like it would be how you would do it if you were a great merchant and bought your power through making your own castle and land.

Not really.

You have to keep in mind that taking a town, castle or city is actually vastly different since they already exist.

Building a castle for example has the cost of the materials as well as the time and manpower to build them.

Founding a town requires people along with the materials, time and manpower.

Growing your town into a city has the above x 10. Its an idea I would only want if it took a great deal of time and resources so it stays somewhat realistic. The founding of a city should be a massive undertaking.

in those days people just didn't build towns. Towns grew on their own due to their location (normally by waterways or at intersection of trade routes).

JuJu70 said:

in those days people just didn't build towns. Towns grew on their own due to their location (normally by waterways or at intersection of trade routes).

I'm sorry, did you say towns grew on their own and it wasn't people that built them?!?

An army, with wives settling on land is all that is needed to start a town, build a market, blacksmiths and all the trappings to get things going. A market and smithy's creates what is needed to start a trade route.

Edited to add: Just for clarity...Eric the Red did found all the settlements on Greenland and Vikings added the most on Iceland. All new towns, founded by armies, some turned into cities.

wolonggong said:
JuJu70 said:

I'm sorry, did you say towns grew on their own and it wasn't people that built them?!?

An army, with wives settling on land is all that is needed to start a town, build a market, blacksmiths and all the trappings to get things going. A market and smithy's creates what is needed to start a trade route.

Edited to add: Just for clarity...Eric the Red did found all the settlements on Greenland and Vikings added the most on Iceland. All new towns, founded by armies, some turned into cities.

Yes, that's how it happened. Of course people built it (literally), but people didn't just come to anyplace, they only came to places which had money and opportunities, and that's how towns grew. So just because you have a refuge full of soldiers, it wouldn't make it a good town if it isn't supported by something else. And your example isn't really any good, you have your army there today, but tomorrow who knows, what all these other people do if your army and you are gone?

JuJu70 said:
Yes, that's how it happened. Of course people built it (literally), but people didn't just come to anyplace, they only came to places which had money and opportunities, and that's how towns grew. So just because you have a refuge full of soldiers, it wouldn't make it a good town if it isn't supported by something else. And your example isn't really any good, you have your army there today, but tomorrow who knows, what all these other people do if your army and you are gone?

Please don't start an argument, I gave Eric the Red as an example of a person with an army that founded most of the settlements on Iceland and Greenland...there was no commerce, economy, money or anything like that there when they arrived, they CREATED the commerce, money, food and everything else they needed.

Was the same with the founding of the settlements in the Americas by Britain, Spain and France.

Build forts and towns, and people came to them, some turning towns into cities, others building even more towns. The world wasn't always so populated and new towns and cities have popped up continually due to NEEDING them.

Also, you stating it isn't a good example makes no sense...why conquer a fort or a town if your army isn't going to be there tomorrow? And isn't the very DECISION to found a town stating that you are making the choice to build a home there and found your kingdom?!? Yeah, it actually is so makes perfect sense.

Was the same with the founding of the settlements in the Americas by Britain, Spain and France.

Yeah, sure they were founded, and most died (ever been to ghost towns in the US? I suppose you have them down under too) or became insignificant. i didn't say you can't have a town built, it's just in MB universe a town is forever, and IRl it's not.

JuJu70 said:

Yeah, sure they were founded, and most died (ever been to ghost towns in the US? I suppose you have them down under too) or became insignificant. i didn't say you can't have a town built, it's just in MB universe a town is forever, and IRl it's not.

You are arguing for the sake of arguing now, your points where refuted. if you don't want it, walk away, no point in bringing up semantics, red herrings and nonsense to dispute something.

wolonggong said:
JuJu70 said:

You are arguing for the sake of arguing now, your points where refuted. if you don't want it, walk away, no point in bringing up semantics, red herrings and nonsense to dispute something.

LOL :roll:

Faction gear not showing up enough at the merchants, I decided to check up on this a bit and found that most of the stuff does not have the merchandise flag checked. Could you guys go through the troop rosters for each of the cultures and add their gear to show up in the appropriate regions. I was a little disappointed when I found out there is no way for 2 handed swords to show up in merchants because they were missing the appropriate flag. 

When a player is raiding a village, if villagers were enslaved and the player get attacked by another party, make so villagers cannot join the fight against the player.
Also, maybe more heros since at the moment, after 200 days of campaign, I only found two of them.

It would be cool if you captured another lord that you have the option to talk to them and ask them to join you and an option to kill them and by doing so removing them from the map.

Ra'Jiska said:
When a player is raiding a village, if villagers were enslaved and the player get attacked by another party, make so villagers cannot join the fight against the player.
Also, maybe more heros since at the moment, after 200 days of campaign, I only found two of them.

I prefer giving a player the ability to cancel the looting process and retreat, just like every NPC does all the time in every M&B title and mod.

Ra'Jiska said:
maybe more heros since at the moment, after 200 days of campaign, I only found two of them.

Game has 16 companions.

If you are playing story-mode:
8 are part of the story and will depend on your decisions and progress.

2 are sidequests and 6 should be in taverns around the world

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,321875.msg7602352.html#msg7602352

If you are playing sandbox:
2 are sidequests. Rest should be from taverns

This is in regard to sailing and making landfall.

Instead of having it generate a landing point when you get close to land.

Make it so that you can smoothly just go from sailing to riding/walking on the map.

I know its possible since its in the sword and axe mod!

I would also like to be able to take troops from my vassals, as the only option I have is to give troops to them, but I want to take troops from them.

Or even better, make it so that you can give them the task to recruit for you, for example:
Dialoge 1 said:
I have a new task for you
Dialoge 2 said:
I want you to recruit
[options]
man.

Bail said:

Make it so that you can smoothly just go from sailing to riding/walking on the map.

Agreed

Bail said:

Nice suggestion!
Of course they will have to keep landing clear from rocks or inaccessible bays. Everything else is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom