Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Should the Vaegir Elite troop be mounted, infantry, or armored archer troop?

• mounted (upgrade from knight)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • infantry (upgrade from Druzhina)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • armored archer (upgrade from Druzhina Archer)

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremus the Manslayer said:
1. Have you considered changing Baheshtur's background to the Khergiz faction?

2. Any plans for new female companions? (This has probably been suggested before)

3. This is a minor thing but I noticed there is a Handgonne in the cheat menu item list. I tried it and there is no hidden proficiency for it, shouldn't there be one like with the Flintlock in the main game? (Don't judge me, Handgonnes are fun.)

Again, great mod, keep up the good work!

1.  Yes.  I need to find all instances of khergit and change to khergiz. 
2.  I hadn't thought of adding a new female character.  I have, for ver. 3 added to some of the companions' skills.
3.  Yes, the handgonne!  The re-load animation doesn't work properly but it is fun to use.  In my current version (3.0) I have changed it to a powerful arbalest.

Small suggestion: although I do not know if it is open source or not, the mod "In the Name of Jerusalem" adds some really nice sets of armour and new animations that would look perfect for this mod. Also, the possibility to actually play as a merchant and send caravans is fantastic to fill the gameplay and make it a bit more dinamic. Might be worth a look! Cheers

GodHandApostole said:
Small suggestion: although I do not know if it is open source or not, the mod "In the Name of Jerusalem" adds some really nice sets of armour and new animations that would look perfect for this mod. Also, the possibility to actually play as a merchant and send caravans is fantastic to fill the gameplay and make it a bit more dinamic. Might be worth a look! Cheers

Thanks for the info about the Jerusalem mod.  I thought they might be using some armors from the CWE mod, some of which I already use.  As it is now, I have a total of 1850 items.  I have created many armors, some since the last version, some I have improved since the last version.  There are also a good number of OSP armors and arms that I use.  Since I have so many meshes and textures, I am trying to limit the mod to 1850 so that I don't over-load my middling PC.  I will check out that mod to see what they have and whether it is open-source. 

Thanks for your interest. 

Can you please change the colour of the text message when a lord escapes from one of your prisons to something other than white. I get a lot of messages about who is earning money and who has liked or disliked me which I find us less.  But when you imprison a lord who is constantly a pain in my ass attacking my villages I feel great. Then to be surprised when he turns up again... somehow breaking out of my prison.

Also enemy lords that have no feif seem to have no problem recovering recruits faster than I can.

Mars_Mullo said:
Can you please change the colour of the text message when a lord escapes from one of your prisons to something other than white. I get a lot of messages about who is earning money and who has liked or disliked me which I find us less.  But when you imprison a lord who is constantly a pain in my ass attacking my villages I feel great. Then to be surprised when he turns up again... somehow breaking out of my prison.

Also enemy lords that have no feif seem to have no problem recovering recruits faster than I can.

I will put it on my list for final changes.

I don't know about the recruit thing.  I believe it depends on the Diplomacy settings you are using. 

Szynsz said:
I don't know that somebody post it, but i suggest more estate management like in Nova Aetas mod

Estate management has not been mentioned.  I don't know anything about it, not having played a recent version of Novus Aetas.  Since I am wanting to complete version 3 sooner rather than later, I won't be adding any more large features beyond those I have added or are in the process of adding from my worklist.

Please change the inventory menu back to vanilla.
The way "metal-gray" looks in this game it goes waaaaaay better with a darker background. Seriously is painfull to see all that brightess in menu, harder to distinguish weapon and armor design details and easier to spot hard edges and outlines.

Also character models... I don't understand the love this comunity has for grany skin textures. Why?! they are ugly, unrealistic and clash with the shape of character models in general. Let it be lightier and, if it is simpler, just remove excessive textures.
I think this way it would be easyer to match head and body colors. Am I the only one that finds this, head and body with different colors, immersion breaking?

I know we can only see this in the arena, but as a guy that likes to solo warband in the early game I spend a lot of time in the arena.

On and all the mod looks great, armors are awesome, recruiting system seems refreshing and I can't wait to try freelancer mod with your fixes!

gg dude

I will consider the face thing.  I understand that they look goofy when the character or bot is shirtless.  I haven't heard other complaints about it, though. 

You should be able to replace the male faces with Native Warband faces.

Hey,

I like this mod and I saw you were working on v3, could you add the bodysliding feature (also called auxiliary) ? And also the advanced tournament system.
If it is too late for v3 maybe for a future version, but those are 2 features which I almost can not play without  :ohdear:

Either way still waiting for v3 to replay your mod.

EDIT : also if you could add the "drag all" feature, for example rescuing all prisoners and taking all prisoners at once with I think ctrl+A+click (i don't remember which mod had this feature)

1. Is it planned for any chance to increase the amount of troops the lords usually gather? I mostly meet lords with 50-100+ units. Which is a bit less, than Native has. It makes the game a bit easy to progress.

2. Also Custom Commander mod has an awesome feature of bandit leader spawning on a map from time to time, and gather all the local bandit groups. Not that I cant enjoy the mod without it, but adding that feature would be a dream come true.
Rubik seem to have it as an open source of his mod.

3. Also will v3 be save-compatible with v2,5 savegames?

YnØs said:
Hey,

I like this mod and I saw you were working on v3, could you add the bodysliding feature (also called auxiliary) ? And also the advanced tournament system.
If it is too late for v3 maybe for a future version, but those are 2 features which I almost can not play without  :ohdear:

Either way still waiting for v3 to replay your mod.

EDIT : also if you could add the "drag all" feature, for example rescuing all prisoners and taking all prisoners at once with I think ctrl+A+click (i don't remember which mod had this feature)

I will consider these but not for the forthcoming version.  I will need to look into the last idea- I remember reading about it.

trueten said:
1. Is it planned for any chance to increase the amount of troops the lords usually gather? I mostly meet lords with 50-100+ units. Which is a bit less, than Native has. It makes the game a bit easy to progress.

2. Also Custom Commander mod has an awesome feature of bandit leader spawning on a map from time to time, and gather all the local bandit groups. Not that I cant enjoy the mod without it, but adding that feature would be a dream come true.
Rubik seem to have it as an open source of his mod.

3. Also will v3 be save-compatible with v2,5 savegames?

1.  I have modified the party templates to give lords more higher-end troops, such as elites.  In the previous version only Kings had elites in the party templates.  I don't know what effect this will have on overall troop numbers.  It seems to me that many lords have 100 or more troops (until they get defeated in battle).

2.  I have thought about this possibility and will look into Rubik's codes to see if I should do it.  I have also considered adding an invasion army of masterless men but haven't gotten around to it.

3.  V3 will not be save compatible with 2.5.  I have added another faction and other changes that are not compatible.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Redleg said:
3.  V3 will not be save compatible with 2.5.  I have added another faction and other changes that are not compatible.
Whoa, another faction! Sounds awesome! Hope it will include another companion(s) added to the game :smile:

I presume you've mentioned there will be a module system provided with the v3 realease. I hope to add some more companions.

Also I've noticed some items do not display at the store (Rhodok stout kettle with coif, nordic polearm hammer etc), wonder if it is a glitch or it is intended to be so. It has some amount of chellange being able to acquire some top-tier items only via after-battle loot.

maybe u can add "minor faction" like stronger, more annoying bandit or sea raider which have several big lair. when player defeat them they get bonus like honor renown and/or special weapon. and make enterprise more expensive (20k+) as player can get money easily from salt mines, oh and also limit salt mines worker

trueten said:
Redleg said:
Whoa, another faction! Sounds awesome! Hope it will include another companion(s) added to the game :smile:

I presume you've mentioned there will be a module system provided with the v3 realease. I hope to add some more companions.

Also I've noticed some items do not display at the store (Rhodok stout kettle with coif, nordic polearm hammer etc), wonder if it is a glitch or it is intended to be so. It has some amount of chellange being able to acquire some top-tier items only via after-battle loot.

When you say those items don't appear at the store, do you mean in the cheat menu for all items or the actual town stores?  I probably need to run the factionize items script again to get those items to show up in the town stores.

muncuss said:
maybe u can add "minor faction" like stronger, more annoying bandit or sea raider which have several big lair. when player defeat them they get bonus like honor renown and/or special weapon. and make enterprise more expensive (20k+) as player can get money easily from salt mines, oh and also limit salt mines worker

Thanks for the ideas.  I have added an additional faction in ver. 3 (for a total of 3 new factions).  The masterless men that spawn near Dhirim are pretty tough, although I limited their party size so that they won't stomp you too badly in early game.

I had considered adding an invading army but might wait for a later release as I had intended to release ver. 3 soon and adding and testing additional new features will add to the time. 

I have thought about limit the salt mines to only captured bandits/outlaws and not faction troops or to just fewer prisoners altogether.  I will need to decide.  I might leave it up to the player to decide how to handle the salt mines, say set yourself a limit of 100 prisoners. 

I don't think I will change the cost of enterprises though.

Will you be making changes to the horse archer AI? As of now it just seems like they charge the enemy head on instead of circling around them, which kind of stinks because they are pretty weak in melee.

cunuck32 said:
Will you be making changes to the horse archer AI? As of now it just seems like they charge the enemy head on instead of circling around them, which kind of stinks because they are pretty weak in melee.

I believe the PBOD options have a horse archer fix of some sort that should help with the problem.  It's not a perfect fix, but does seem to improve the behavior somewhat.  Have you enabled that tick box?  Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom