Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Should the Vaegir Elite troop be mounted, infantry, or armored archer troop?

  • mounted (upgrade from knight)

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • infantry (upgrade from Druzhina)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • armored archer (upgrade from Druzhina Archer)

    Votes: 6 60.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Crossbow Pig

Master Knight
The code is can be found in module_dialogs, it lets you ask for lords to serve the kingdom as a mercenary instead of having to rely on the lords offering the quest.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Totenkopf900 said:
The code is can be found in module_dialogs, it lets you ask for lords to serve the kingdom as a mercenary instead of having to rely on the lords offering the quest.

Ah ha.  I see what you mean.  I will check into it.  I don't normally have a problem with this, as one of the lords does usually offer this as a quest so long as their faction is currently at war.  I expect the 1247 AD module is rich in such things.  So much to do, so little time!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Easter Cow said:
Totenkopf900 said:
Easter Cow said:
Totenkopf900 said:
Hey Redleg, are you alive?Any progress on that update?

He was last online the forum 3 days ago.

You know that people can die in a span of 3 days, right?
JK

W o a h dark

Yes, very dark!  I do appreciate all your concerns for my well-being.  I am doing fine, I just haven't had much time to work on the mod.  I am still adding to my list of changes and still play-testing my current WIP version.  I think you will like the changes so far, especially with the new Geroian faction. 
 

Mars_Mullo

Regular
Instead of slaughtering cattle ... could we sell them through the horse trader.?
I noticed cattle have their own character stats ( you can access them when talking to a companion and looking at stats and then clicking through others from there.)

Also... cattle add trade skill of 2 to the party... isn't that neat?
Anyways... just seems a shame to have to kill them to sell them.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Mars_Mullo said:
Instead of slaughtering cattle ... could we sell them through the horse trader.?
I noticed cattle have their own character stats ( you can access them when talking to a companion and looking at stats and then clicking through others from there.)

Also... cattle add trade skill of 2 to the party... isn't that neat?
Anyways... just seems a shame to have to kill them to sell them.

That is something to think about.  If it's feasible, I will check into the coding.
 

Lefto26

Regular
M&BWBNW
Hi.
I wanted to suggest that you change the Eastern Province a little bit to distinct itself from the khegrits. From what I understand Eastern Province is inspired from the Byzantine Empire so maybe you could make them look a bit more byzantine without necessarily adding new armors etc. to the game? I guess it's a matter of personal opinion.

I've been a fan of mods like yours for a long time. Mods that don't overhaul but instead they tweak the native gameplay. I've played a couple of other mods that introduced some very nice features to the game, from a new Tournament system to new settlements that made the map more congested and gave it a more arcade-like feel. Anyway I'm glad to see you're still interested in your mod. I like it very much but I think there are still things that should be added. I would write what I want to see in the mod exactly but I haven't played M&B for quite some time(until yesterday) so I can't really remember any. I'll be sure to tell you if I play these mods again.

Thanks for the mod, take care.
 

Crossbow Pig

Master Knight
Lefto26 said:
Hi.
I wanted to suggest that you change the Eastern Province a little bit to distinct itself from the khegrits. From what I understand Eastern Province is inspired from the Byzantine Empire so maybe you could make them look a bit more byzantine without necessarily adding new armors etc. to the game? I guess it's a matter of personal opinion.

I've been a fan of mods like yours for a long time. Mods that don't overhaul but instead they tweak the native gameplay. I've played a couple of other mods that introduced some very nice features to the game, from a new Tournament system to new settlements that made the map more congested and gave it a more arcade-like feel. Anyway I'm glad to see you're still interested in your mod. I like it very much but I think there are still things that should be added. I would write what I want to see in the mod exactly but I haven't played M&B for quite some time(until yesterday) so I can't really remember any. I'll be sure to tell you if I play these mods again.

Thanks for the mod, take care.

They look distinct enough for me, what kinda of changes are you proposing?
 

Lefto26

Regular
M&BWBNW
@Totenkopf900

OK my bad! :oops: As I said I haven't played M&B for quite some time until yesterday and I guess I rushed making this post. I guess it was the eastern province female characters and maybe the town scenes that game me the Khegrit feeling so never mind. If I play the other mods ( I think it was Native Expansion and Native Alternate Expansion) I'll let you know some of the features I'd like to see in your mod as well.

 

Crossbow Pig

Master Knight
Sirius said:
@Totenkopf900

OK my bad! :oops: As I said I haven't played M&B for quite some time until yesterday and I guess I rushed making this post. I guess it was the eastern province female characters and maybe the town scenes that game me the Khegrit feeling so never mind. If I play the other mods ( I think it was Native Expansion and Native Alternate Expansion) I'll let you know some of the features I'd like to see in your mod as well.

I see, this is not my mod btw, the author is Redleg, is a one man project.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Sirius said:
@Totenkopf900

OK my bad! :oops: As I said I haven't played M&B for quite some time until yesterday and I guess I rushed making this post. I guess it was the eastern province female characters and maybe the town scenes that game me the Khegrit feeling so never mind. If I play the other mods ( I think it was Native Expansion and Native Alternate Expansion) I'll let you know some of the features I'd like to see in your mod as well.

The scenes for the Eastern Province use the default scenes from native Warband (which were the Khergit scenes).  The Eastern troops, however, use armor and equipment that is very much like Byzantine arms and armor and therefore quite different from the Khergiz.

I would like to build some scenes for the Khergiz that are more in line with a steppe culture but have not had sufficient time to do so, being a one-man modding team.
 

shades_o_grey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
M&BWB
I have just a little suggestion for items. The shields that the Sarranid troops get, while beautiful, have very little coverage. Would it be feasible to add it some larger shields for foot troops?
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
shades_o_grey said:
I have just a little suggestion for items. The shields that the Sarranid troops get, while beautiful, have very little coverage. Would it be feasible to add it some larger shields for foot troops?

This is certainly a possibility.  For the Sarranids, I am mainly using shield from the CWE OSP pack that I have modded.  I am leaning toward giving the Sarranid professional infantry troops the larger tableau round shields while keeping the horsemen shields the smaller type.
 
I have some time to play now and also tweak. This is mostly as suggestions, here are tweaks I made by adding some .brf and changing some things with Morghs +TweakMB. I have just read your dev blog, let's hope that you are right about BL releasing shortly after this mod!! Here's my suggestions:
Ver:2.52 with patch from Jun 30
Suggestions/tweaks
- Love how everything fits well in Native style. Looks really nice, it feels like it would be how Calradia would look in 1050.
- I play with the hardest campaign AI because I like lots of bandits. I increased size of bandit parties lower end and upper end (the ones of which I could find lairs). Seems like the bad guys are a bit outnumbered without this tweak. Might be just me though
- Perhaps add a few late game powerful bows for variety. Stuff like the Eastern bow is very nice. While not as common as swords etc. there are some OSP with nice models which fit the mod decently. Perhaps some of Spak's OSP bows would fit. Maybe as a bow for elite troops?
- Continue your good work!!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Vaegir Luchnik said:
I have some time to play now and also tweak. This is mostly as suggestions, here are tweaks I made by adding some .brf and changing some things with Morghs +TweakMB. I have just read your dev blog, let's hope that you are right about BL releasing shortly after this mod!! Here's my suggestions:
Ver:2.52 with patch from Jun 30
Suggestions/tweaks
- Love how everything fits well in Native style. Looks really nice, it feels like it would be how Calradia would look in 1050.
- I play with the hardest campaign AI because I like lots of bandits. I increased size of bandit parties lower end and upper end (the ones of which I could find lairs). Seems like the bad guys are a bit outnumbered without this tweak. Might be just me though
- Perhaps add a few late game powerful bows for variety. Stuff like the Eastern bow is very nice. While not as common as swords etc. there are some OSP with nice models which fit the mod decently. Perhaps some of Spak's OSP bows would fit. Maybe as a bow for elite troops?
- Continue your good work!!

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will consider each of them.  I especially like the idea of adding some better bows and have just recently looked at Spak's recently released pack.  As for bandit parties, it is true that by mid to late game they are relatively weak parties relative to the player.  I can look at how the code scales the size of bandit parties relative to the player's level and see if a change is feasible. 

I am glad you are enjoying the game.  I think you will like the forthcoming version 3 even more!
 
Redleg said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:
I have some time to play now and also tweak. This is mostly as suggestions, here are tweaks I made by adding some .brf and changing some things with Morghs +TweakMB. I have just read your dev blog, let's hope that you are right about BL releasing shortly after this mod!! Here's my suggestions:
Ver:2.52 with patch from Jun 30
Suggestions/tweaks
- Love how everything fits well in Native style. Looks really nice, it feels like it would be how Calradia would look in 1050.
- I play with the hardest campaign AI because I like lots of bandits. I increased size of bandit parties lower end and upper end (the ones of which I could find lairs). Seems like the bad guys are a bit outnumbered without this tweak. Might be just me though
- Perhaps add a few late game powerful bows for variety. Stuff like the Eastern bow is very nice. While not as common as swords etc. there are some OSP with nice models which fit the mod decently. Perhaps some of Spak's OSP bows would fit. Maybe as a bow for elite troops?
- Continue your good work!!

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will consider each of them.  I especially like the idea of adding some better bows and have just recently looked at Spak's recently released pack.  As for bandit parties, it is true that by mid to late game they are relatively weak parties relative to the player.  I can look at how the code scales the size of bandit parties relative to the player's level and see if a change is feasible. 

I am glad you are enjoying the game.  I think you will like the forthcoming version 3 even more!
No my man, thank you for the free quality content!!  Will definitely be looking forward to see the Gerioans (if I spelled it right) and having the new invasion will be nice too. If you need anyone to playtest or check for bugs, I'm always up for it. Spak's had a bunch of arrows and bows, both the new and old ones are pretty good, some are more 'fantasy' tho. He also had some houses which might be useful for scening even. Hopefully all is going well with development, keep up the good work!
 
1. Have you considered changing Baheshtur's background to the Khergiz faction?

2. Any plans for new female companions? (This has probably been suggested before)

3. This is a minor thing but I noticed there is a Handgonne in the cheat menu item list. I tried it and there is no hidden proficiency for it, shouldn't there be one like with the Flintlock in the main game? (Don't judge me, Handgonnes are fun.)

Again, great mod, keep up the good work!
 
Top Bottom