Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Should the Vaegir Elite troop be mounted, infantry, or armored archer troop?

• mounted (upgrade from knight)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • infantry (upgrade from Druzhina)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • armored archer (upgrade from Druzhina Archer)

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

How about removing archers from the tournament and javelin so as only blunted weapons are used?

Perhaps use those target assets from the training ground in a new tournament ground for a separate archery contest.

There are some archery targets in one of the castles.

For steep tribes maybe the horse training course but with archery targets instead of gourds or pots.

What about a bare fist wrestling or boxing for entertainment winnings?

Just seems wrong having pointy things in a more realistic tournament.

What about rings to collect on a Lancer considering tournament jousting was a bit later on?

Was just thinking:
It would be cool to have the option to offer your prisoners as a ransom instead of surrender.

Often the enemy never surrenders. But if you could demand payment or prisoners it might be good. Or perhaps horses?

Mars_Mullo said:
How about removing archers from the tournament and javelin so as only blunted weapons are used?

Perhaps use those target assets from the training ground in a new tournament ground for a separate archery contest.

There are some archery targets in one of the castles.

For steep tribes maybe the horse training course but with archery targets instead of gourds or pots.

What about a bare fist wrestling or boxing for entertainment winnings?

Just seems wrong having pointy things in a more realistic tournament.

What about rings to collect on a Lancer considering tournament jousting was a bit later on?

I have already modified the tournament equipment so that bows/crossbows and javelins are not equipped.  Have you seen them show up in the tournament somewhere?

Mars_Mullo said:
Was just thinking:
It would be cool to have the option to offer your prisoners as a ransom instead of surrender.

Often the enemy never surrenders. But if you could demand payment or prisoners it might be good. Or perhaps horses?

I agree that it would be nice for the greatly outnumbered parties to surrender.  I would have to work on coding that though and it wouldn't be in the next patch.

There needs to be some info somewhere to tell you where to get certain troops.
E.g I looked at Vaigier Scot archers and couldn't find them anywhere until I built a village manor and discovered you can hire scout archers there.

Mars_Mullo said:
There needs to be some info somewhere to tell you where to get certain troops.
E.g I looked at Vaigier Scot archers and couldn't find them anywhere until I built a village manor and discovered you can hire scout archers there.

There is info on this in the documentation.  I will try to remember to add it in-game.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I have plenty of garrison troops.

But i can't find out where they are all listed in one place.

I can ride to each castle and see what troops I have at each castle.

I can transfer troops from one to another.

But I have to write down on paper what i have to account for the make up of each castle.

Is there a mod or something that allows me to have a ledger of each castle available through the chamberlain or similar person that can allow me to even out my garrisons.?

Mars_Mullo said:
I have plenty of garrison troops.

But i can't find out where they are all listed in one place.

I can ride to each castle and see what troops I have at each castle.

I can transfer troops from one to another.

But I have to write down on paper what i have to account for the make up of each castle.

Is there a mod or something that allows me to have a ledger of each castle available through the chamberlain or similar person that can allow me to even out my garrisons.?

Not that I know of.  The constable in your castle will tell you the total amount of your troops but not how many are in each castle.  You can check your castle garrison by activating the control t cheat on the worldmap and then holding the cursor over the castle.  It will show the number and type of troops in the garrison.

Awesome  ☺☺ I'll do that. I have never used any cheat functions to date. So great time to learn.
Also noticed some lances and steel shield items showing up in the game. A bit out of the history or period.
Cool game. Just spent 14 hrs straight playing. .. hooked

Mars_Mullo said:
Awesome  ☺☺ I'll do that. I have never used any cheat functions to date. So great time to learn.
Also noticed some lances and steel shield items showing up in the game. A bit out of the history or period.
Cool game. Just spent 14 hrs straight playing. .. hooked

I am glad you are enjoying it.  I left most of the native items in-game to give the player the choice of whether to use them or not.  The troops are not equipped with the really anachronistic stuff, at least for the most part.

In my next full release I am going to address some of the armors and weapons- only elites will have the best armor.

1257 AD's source code is now open source. Not sure what can be done with that, but I thought maybe there is some overlapping when it comes to recruitment style and manors management. Also the equipment in that mod is, to this day, the best I've personally seen.

The mod is great, though. Great fun. :smile:

GodHandApostole said:
1257 AD's source code is now open source. Not sure what can be done with that, but I thought maybe there is some overlapping when it comes to recruitment style and manors management. Also the equipment in that mod is, to this day, the best I've personally seen.

The mod is great, though. Great fun. :smile:

I have heard that the code is now OSP.  I did want to look at the recruitment and manor scripts, chances are they are quite involved and if they haven't been annotated properly, will be nearly impossible to import into another mod.  I guess I will have to take a look.

quicksilver67 said:
Too many hide an seek Guildmasters. Seriously, they are nearly impossible to find in some of the cities. -2

All of the towns except two are native Warband towns.  I didn't do anything to change the location of Guildmasters.  Aderkan and Ashford are towns made by other modders.  I agree that the guildmaster is hard to find in Aderkan, partly due to the large size of the town and the layout of alleys.

I would like to suggest the addition of "Empire report" by Sir Realz which is on the steam workshop. Apparently it can only be added to vanilla game but can be added to mods by the modder at request.  Well as far as I could tell from the steam forum responses. The ability to better manage troops in castles and the like without having to visit them all the time would be great!

Mars_Mullo said:
I would like to suggest the addition of "Empire report" by Sir Realz which is on the steam workshop. Apparently it can only be added to vanilla game but can be added to mods by the modder at request.  Well as far as I could tell from the steam forum responses. The ability to better manage troops in castles and the like without having to visit them all the time would be great!

I will look into it.  Thanks for the info.

JPNM said:
Some features from NativeSP.

Being able to see Troop Tree and being able to request a new mission in Towns after you rejected one.

There is a troop tree viewer for all the troops.  Go to reports and then find the troop tree viewer.

I will have to look into the town mission thing.

Totenkopf900 said:
Can you add the code from 1257 that let's player ask for mercenary work? Also the new OSP that adds mercenary camps will fit well with the mod.

I have played 1257 AD but not recently.  What does the mercenary work code do?  Is it different than Freelancer or asking the Tavern Keeper about work?

I have thought about adding the mercenary camps.  I might do that if I can't get my own code to work for adding mercenaries to the training camps.

Back
Top Bottom