Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Should the Vaegir Elite troop be mounted, infantry, or armored archer troop?

  • mounted (upgrade from knight)

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • infantry (upgrade from Druzhina)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • armored archer (upgrade from Druzhina Archer)

    Votes: 6 60.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
qvacus said:
I would like to suggest that you increase the map size, as it stands they are rather tiny. I am not a modder and have only had limited success on this front. If at all possible I rather liked the system in POP where you could configure the random battlefield size in-game, though I realize that such may not be possible seeing as POP has its own unique and very old scripts.

Thanks,
Keep up the great work!

I assume you mean the size of the battle map rather than the campaign map.  It is certainly possible to do this, although I am concerned that it will negatively affect performance on lower-end PCs.  I will take a look into it.  I think you might be the first person to suggest larger maps.
 

qvacus

Recruit
Redleg said:
qvacus said:
I would like to suggest that you increase the map size, as it stands they are rather tiny. I am not a modder and have only had limited success on this front. If at all possible I rather liked the system in POP where you could configure the random battlefield size in-game, though I realize that such may not be possible seeing as POP has its own unique and very old scripts.

Thanks,
Keep up the great work!

I assume you mean the size of the battle map rather than the campaign map.  It is certainly possible to do this, although I am concerned that it will negatively affect performance on lower-end PCs.  I will take a look into it.  I think you might be the first person to suggest larger maps.

After a bit more messing around with the scenes.txt file I got it to work pretty well, it seems that your fears of performance impact have some ground. It messes with the FPS a little bit, though, admittedly I am also running 500 man battles. To clarify what I meant when talking about POP battlefields there was an "adaptive" or some such option that uses different battle map sizes depending on the number of units.

If you do choose to go through with making the battle maps larger I would suggest not making the x and y values too large, and keep the terrain as flat as possible, the larger map sizes seem to exaggerate most hills and valleys.

Also, thank you for your quick response, good luck to ya!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
grimm4 said:
How about some new/additional companions? :grin:

I will consider this.  I have already added 4 high-level companions that you will find in taverns.

Adding new companions is fairly easy coding-wise but also quite time-consuming in that it is repetitive.  I have been wanting to add a few more though.
 

grimm4

Regular
Redleg said:
grimm4 said:
How about some new/additional companions? :grin:

I will consider this.  I have already added 4 high-level companions that you will find in taverns.

Adding new companions is fairly easy coding-wise but also quite time-consuming in that it is repetitive.  I have been wanting to add a few more though.

Yes I have found 3 of the new ones so far.  I would suggest 2 new companions something like a bard and prostitute/courtesan archetype to fill the role of entertainer seeing as that is one of the skills that has been added.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Yes I have found 3 of the new ones so far.  I would suggest 2 new companions something like a bard and prostitute/courtesan archetype to fill the role of entertainer seeing as that is one of the skills that has been added.

I did modify a few of the regular companions to have a few points of entertainment skill and some others with a few points of foraging.  I would be nice to create a new companion with this skill at level 5.
 

JhonBrazil

Sergeant Knight
Redleg, why don't you take a look at Module System Overhaul, by Autolykos? It is filled to the brim with interesting features he added, some of then could be interesting to have. I've also got some ideas about making some items more varied, model wise. I've modded a few on my game already, replacing some of the armors already in the game with mesh-ups of several items present in the mod, and I will post a few screens as soon as I get home
 

aaaa1

Sergeant
how about some kind of academia to get the skills past the attribute limit (lets say we have already maxed out our agi and str and lack CHA but want to build up on the leadership skill)
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
JhonBrazil said:
Redleg, why don't you take a look at Module System Overhaul, by Autolykos? It is filled to the brim with interesting features he added, some of then could be interesting to have. I've also got some ideas about making some items more varied, model wise. I've modded a few on my game already, replacing some of the armors already in the game with mesh-ups of several items present in the mod, and I will post a few screens as soon as I get home

I am not familiar with Autokylos's work.  Is it based on the Diplomacy module?

I have added some new armors since the last patch.  I would be interested in seeing your own armor mods.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
aaaa1 said:
how about some kind of academia to get the skills past the attribute limit (lets say we have already maxed out our agi and str and lack CHA but want to build up on the leadership skill)

I hadn't thought of this as my character rarely gets to max out on any skill.  I will consider.
 

JhonBrazil

Sergeant Knight
Redleg said:
JhonBrazil said:
Redleg, why don't you take a look at Module System Overhaul, by Autolykos? It is filled to the brim with interesting features he added, some of then could be interesting to have. I've also got some ideas about making some items more varied, model wise. I've modded a few on my game already, replacing some of the armors already in the game with mesh-ups of several items present in the mod, and I will post a few screens as soon as I get home

I am not familiar with Autokylos's work.  Is it based on the Diplomacy module?

I have added some new armors since the last patch.  I would be interested in seeing your own armor mods.

I don't think it is, indeed. But I do think a good  part of it could be implemented on a diplomacy-based module system. Some things like earning village relation, repairing gear at armorers and smiths, healing horses at stables, selling prisioners to prison guards and manhunters is really awesome. do read his changelogs for all the features.

As for the armors, here are just a couple of things I've messed with:

6rhPsxM.png
This one I use as a replacer for the armor on the right. It was done using only textures already in the mod (gallic_tunic, gallic_mail_2) and the meshes from same armors. I could indeed improve the mesh, using the tunic version with longer pants, but as of now it works fine for me. Besides, it is a unique model, so it looks fresh in game.

ZxT4pon.png
This one is just a mesh from Fred's bunch of armors (khergit_mail) that I use to replace the pole_armors. The mail piece uses the haubergeon_c texture, so it is totally compatible with the darker dane_haubergeon textures, if you want some variation

VRA41ok.png
A quick one. I just added a small bit of armor beyond the belt, to give it a more complete appearance. Furthermore, removed all the studs, even from the belt, as to give a better "light banded armor" feel to it. In the screenshot it lacks normalmaps and specular because I was lazy to do them.

There are many more that I am either making, amassing resources or planning right now, but for now these are the most obvious one I found right now. There is also a replacer for the einherjar armor stored somewhere in my files, that I always use to replace the one you can find in BL_Nord_Armor_Pack, because I just friggin hate the model and the low-res part of the leather in the armor.

If you are interested, there are quite a few more things that I have stored somewhere in my files. I edit pretty much every mod I install regarding items, so it becomes quite hard to find some. Just let me know  :lol:
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
JhonBrazil,
I like what you've done with some of these armors. 

I have already modified the Nord leather vest and added some leather strips to the bottom of the vest below the belt.
 

JhonBrazil

Sergeant Knight
Redleg said:
JhonBrazil,
I like what you've done with some of these armors. 

I have already modified the Nord leather vest and added some leather strips to the bottom of the vest below the belt.

Nice. Do you have any interest in the meshes themselves? if you do, I can pack a brf file with them and send it on your way.
I've had little spare time in the last days, so I didn't had the time to find the armors I mentioned previously. But I did find a couple more that I made without modifying any texture from your mod. You can have these too if you have any interest


DLnmXRB.png
An armor made using meshes from scale_shirt on Fredelio's osp, just swapping the materials. Maybe a nice armor for caravan guards or low-tier mercenaries.

43NTiuD.png
A simple variant for byrnies, I can't remember the mesh specific name. But the byrnie part had the material changed to one of the byrnie_tunics.

0TufXzw.png
1aMnSnr.png
These two are oriented for elite-ish troops. The first one is just a byrnie from the mod with added vambraces from the Vaegir Elite Armor.
The second one is a heavy lamellar cuirass over a hauberk. The bottom half was made with one of the Tabards with mail from the mod with the mesh darkened a bit to fit the arms, removing the need for a new texture. There is even a back piece for the lamellar cuirass itself,

EjtaAyc.png
This one is an even heavier version, with the same vambraces from before, now with the sleeve UV-mapped to a khergit vest, and added pauldrons and lames that came from the drz_armors brf. This whole set could be remapped to use only vanilla textures, albeit it wouldn't look as great.

 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Nice. Do you have any interest in the meshes themselves? if you do, I can pack a brf file with them and send it on your way.
I've had little spare time in the last days, so I didn't had the time to find the armors I mentioned previously. But I did find a couple more that I made without modifying any texture from your mod. You can have these too if you have any interest

Those are nice armors.  I have the Fredilios pack already and do use some of his stuff.  If you have some of your own meshes that you want to send me, I would be happy to look at them and would certainly credit you if I used them in mod.


 

Ghershum

Recruit
O mod está muito bom! Minha sugestão de melhoria seria a de o forte continuar a receber melhorias até se transformar em uma cidadela ou um castelo. Também as melhorias dos povoados desenvolverem até chegar a cidades ou o jogador poder criar uma cidade.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Ghershum said:
O mod está muito bom! Minha sugestão de melhoria seria a de o forte continuar a receber melhorias até se transformar em uma cidadela ou um castelo. Também as melhorias dos povoados desenvolverem até chegar a cidades ou o jogador poder criar uma cidade.

Thank you for your support.  As I understand your message, you would like to see the fort be able to upgrade to a castle.  That is a very interesting idea that I will take into consideration. I would first need to fix the existing problems with the Outposts codes before attempting to add this feature.

 

JhonBrazil

Sergeant Knight
Hi Redleg.

About some meshes that I mentioned to send you some weeks ago, I've finally got spare time in my life to do that, so in the next days I'll try to gather all I have to send you.

I also have a suggestion that clicked in my mind when I read the last Developer's Diary. It seems that you aim to add recruitable troops on training grounds. Have you considered making those guys customizable troops?
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
JhonBrazil said:
Hi Redleg.

About some meshes that I mentioned to send you some weeks ago, I've finally got spare time in my life to do that, so in the next days I'll try to gather all I have to send you.

I also have a suggestion that clicked in my mind when I read the last Developer's Diary. It seems that you aim to add recruitable troops on training grounds. Have you considered making those guys customizable troops?

I would be happy to have the meshes.  I appreciate it.

I am considering adding recruitable troops from training grounds and had intended them to be customizable in the same way that the custom professional troops are in the current version.  I would probably start the recruits off at level 10 and move up to level 25. 
 

Cityboy

Recruit
WB
Hey red is there any chance you could remove the landownership feature?  The game is extremely easy due to that feature :sad:
Also may I recommend implementing some sort of "emergent faction" system?  The game basically ends once a faction conquers all of Calradia and I believe that having lords that go in exile rally troops on their own and try to invade would make this an endless sandbox :grin:.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Cityboy said:
Hey red is there any chance you could remove the landownership feature?  The game is extremely easy due to that feature :sad:
Also may I recommend implementing some sort of "emergent faction" system?  The game basically ends once a faction conquers all of Calradia and I believe that having lords that go in exile rally troops on their own and try to invade would make this an endless sandbox :grin:.

I hadn't thought of removing the land-ownership feature.  I will leave it to the discretion of the player as to whether to use it or not.  I could change the amount of money earned from land but I don't know if I will do that.  The same goes for putting prisoners to work in the mines.  I will explore some scripts to produce periodic escapes of some prisoners from the mines to keep it from getting too easy to make money.

I have thought a lot about having an invading faction but not one as you described.  I think what you describe would be a major scripting activity, possibly beyond my skill or time to do.  I do appreciate your suggestions.  Let me know if there is anything else.
 
Top Bottom