Suggestions for Versions after 2.5

Should the Vaegir Elite troop be mounted, infantry, or armored archer troop?

  • mounted (upgrade from knight)

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • infantry (upgrade from Druzhina)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • armored archer (upgrade from Druzhina Archer)

    Votes: 6 60.0%

  • Total voters
    10
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Use this thread to list your suggestions for mod improvements. 

I will consider all suggestions so long as they are reasonable, practical, and congruent with the modder's design philosophy. 
 
Hello Redleg,

Don't know whether you are still eager to make some more items for your mods but if you do i would recommend you to watch Vikings series for some inspiration on new armors / weapons / helmets etc. :smile: - if you do like historical show, this one will surely catch your attention :smile:.

Maybe the series in not historically accurate but well... after all, we are in Calradia :smile:.

Here are few examples to show the the design which i think could be made with existing meshes (some - like burgonets or some armor meshes - could be taken from AWOIAF mod and were made by Kraggrim. If you would like to use them - just say the word and i'll provide the mesh :razz:)

battle_ashingdon.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
887a91c79946777534a33af91d74d7b9--vikings-tv-series-vikings-tv-show.jpg
vikings-s4-finale.jpg
0.jpg
and-here-again-we-have-a-long-pause-on-roland.jpg
latest

Can't wait for next versions :smile:.

Cheers!
D.
 

Crossbow Pig

Master Knight
Roaming mercenary and adventurers parties and  the option to hire them as a separate party that helps you like in PoP, maybe the mercenary captain code from Brytenwalda can be useful to help to add this feature.

Also, there is a thing that is bothering me a bit, some 2 handed weapons and polearms don't show up in your back if you have them equipped, hopefully this is an easy thing for you to address if you want to. 
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
robertidaniel said:
Hello Redleg,

Don't know whether you are still eager to make some more items for your mods but if you do i would recommend you to watch Vikings series for some inspiration on new armors / weapons / helmets etc. :smile: - if you do like historical show, this one will surely catch your attention :smile:.

Maybe the series in not historically accurate but well... after all, we are in Calradia :smile:.

Here are few examples to show the the design which i think could be made with existing meshes (some - like burgonets or some armor meshes - could be taken from AWOIAF mod and were made by Kraggrim. If you would like to use them - just say the word and i'll provide the mesh :razz:)

Can't wait for next versions :smile:.

Cheers!
D.

I will almost certainly create/modify some new armors for the next version and even perhaps for the patch.  I don't know if I will draw inspiration from Vikings, but you never know- this is Calradia, not Dark Ages western Europe!

I have already taken some liberties by having anachronistic equipment and the next big update (let's call it version 3.0) will likely try to reduce many of these, especially in regard to armors.  I envision that the troops, both professional and commoner, will have slightly less armor than currently.  This means that I will have to make more cloth type armors for the troops.  Elite and top-tier professionals will still have metal armor and I will probably allow the common sergeants to retain mail byrnies. 

I will likely keep some of the anachronistic weapons simply because they provide some variety across factions, for example, the Swadian Bill or the Kelton Pole Mace, or the various pole-axes.  These weapons were probably not common in the 11th Century but probably did exist in early forms (such as the Huscarl long axe).

I appreciate the interest in the mod and the suggestions for armors.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Totenkopf900 said:
Roaming mercenary and adventurers parties and  the option to hire them as a separate party that helps you like in PoP, maybe the mercenary captain code from Brytenwalda can be useful to help to add this feature.

I like this idea and will see if it is practical.  My only concern is that adding many of these parties will slow down map movement on less-modern PCs. 

The mod right now does allow you to hire adventurers, warder archers, and the sword sister line of troops when you rescue them from bandits.  If you have honor over 10 you will from time to time be met by Noble Equites, adventurers, or fighting women who will ask for you to hire them.  This code was borrowed and modified from Brytenwalda.
 

wakeforce139

Regular
Apologies if this is not the proper place for this but I don't see anywhere else for general discussion for this mod.

What is driving the trade items economy in Calradia 1050? Is it just the vanilla Warband or is it part of one of the mods? I'm noticing the goods offered seem to vary quite a bit from what it used to be.

For example Ahmerrad used to have iron and wool not seeing either of them in my current game. Shariz used to have date again not showing up. Not a lot of salt avail in the northern towns and the prices seem quite high, etc. Just seems like everything is pretty funky and generally speaking trading isn't really worthwhile. Any advice or suggestions? Or am I approaching making money in this mod the wrong way? Thanks!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
wakeforce139 said:
Apologies if this is not the proper place for this but I don't see anywhere else for general discussion for this mod.

What is driving the trade items economy in Calradia 1050? Is it just the vanilla Warband or is it part of one of the mods? I'm noticing the goods offered seem to vary quite a bit from what it used to be.

For example Ahmerrad used to have iron and wool not seeing either of them in my current game. Shariz used to have date again not showing up. Not a lot of salt avail in the northern towns and the prices seem quite high, etc. Just seems like everything is pretty funky and generally speaking trading isn't really worthwhile. Any advice or suggestions? Or am I approaching making money in this mod the wrong way? Thanks!

I have not modded the trade system beyond what native Warband and Diplomacy 4.2 have done.  The Diplomacy board at this forum might provide you some information on what changes they made to trade. 

I haven't done much trading using this mod or any other, including native Warband so I can't speak to how it plays out differently.  In my mod I normally make money purchasing the businesses in towns and by putting prisoners to work in the salt mines.  It is a slow process but seems to work fairly well by mid-game.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Totenkopf900 said:
Some more things I would like to see

Arena Overhaul by Adorno
Tournament Play Enhancements
Dynamic Lord Titles
Single Screen Character Creation

I might try to integrate dynamic lord titles and single-screen character creation.  I would modify the titles somewhat as I don't like all the names and complexity.  I have tested the character creation on an earlier work-in-progress version and it worked fine.  I would have to integrate the changes I have already made to the character creation to the new system but that wouldn't be too difficult.
 

Rivus

Recruit
Excellent quality mod!

Hey...

I wrote some new companions for floris some time ago. Actually it was 2013. Wow! How time flies...

If you wanted to incorporate some of them into the mod in some way, that would be cool. I think they're pretty good quality. Wouldn't be hard to add them via the module files, basically a copy and paste job, maybe some editing of their stats.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288440.msg6861024.html#msg6861024
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Rivus said:
Excellent quality mod!

Hey...

I wrote some new companions for floris some time ago. Actually it was 2013. Wow! How time flies...

If you wanted to incorporate some of them into the mod in some way, that would be cool. I think they're pretty good quality. Wouldn't be hard to add them via the module files, basically a copy and paste job, maybe some editing of their stats.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,288440.msg6861024.html#msg6861024


I am planning to make some changes to the companions in the future.  I will take you work into consideration.  Thank you for the link.
 

Daemon 67

Recruit
Enjoying the mod so far.One thing I would like to see is more building improvements for fiefs.Such as palisades and distilleries for villages.Blacksmiths for castles and towns(to reload defenders arrows) and other improvements.Things that add to prosperity and acceptance.I've been away from the game and forums for about 5 years so not sure what's available anymore.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Daemon 67 said:
Enjoying the mod so far.One thing I would like to see is more building improvements for fiefs.Such as palisades and distilleries for villages.Blacksmiths for castles and towns(to reload defenders arrows) and other improvements.Things that add to prosperity and acceptance.I've been away from the game and forums for about 5 years so not sure what's available anymore.

Interesting ideas.  I will take into consideration.  I have added building improvements for both towns/castles and villages.  The towns/castles permit the hiring of common troops or faction professional troops if the player is affiliated with the faction and has renown over 200.  In villages I modified the manor to also allow the hiring of well-trained and well-armed special archers or crossbowmen that are only available from the manor.
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
rlg85 said:
Any chance of adding in the more recent version of PBOD with pre battle placement?

To do that I would need to use WSE (Warband Script Enhancer) and the player would need to use it as well.  I don't have an issue with WSE but other players have had difficulties getting it to work properly.  There are different versions of WSE for different versions of the Warband module system. 

If I were to convert to that version of PBOD and Diplomacy, it would take a great deal of time copying my own codes and changes to codes to the module system.  Given the choice of switching to the newest version of PBOD or updating to the newest module system I would choose updating to the newest module system to take advantage of some of the new operations, such as forcing troops to equip with a spear, instead of my own script that does this.

I appreciate the suggestion and wish it was more feasible and easier to make the switch.  At any rate, I hope you are enjoying the game.
 

rlg85

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SVC
Absolutely!  Just jumped back into WB lately and you seem to be one of the few modders currently updating. Enjoying your mod!
 

pucosc202

Recruit
Redleg,

One thing that I think would really add some nice eye-candy to the battles is banners/flag-bearers. There are very few mods I can think of that have done animated banners with medieval-ish images on them (Hispania 1200 really jumps out as a good example) and I think the visual effect they provide in the battles does a lot for immersion.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your hard work on this as your mod has quickly become one of my favorites. Looking forward to all of your future updates.
 

qvacus

Recruit
I would like to suggest that you increase the map size, as it stands they are rather tiny. I am not a modder and have only had limited success on this front. If at all possible I rather liked the system in POP where you could configure the random battlefield size in-game, though I realize that such may not be possible seeing as POP has its own unique and very old scripts.

Thanks,
Keep up the great work!
 

Redleg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
pucosc202 said:
Redleg,

One thing that I think would really add some nice eye-candy to the battles is banners/flag-bearers. There are very few mods I can think of that have done animated banners with medieval-ish images on them (Hispania 1200 really jumps out as a good example) and I think the visual effect they provide in the battles does a lot for immersion.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your hard work on this as your mod has quickly become one of my favorites. Looking forward to all of your future updates.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I had thought about trying this a few versions ago but had lost my to-do list.  I will definitely consider this, although it wouldn't work for a save-game compatible patch, it would work for a new version.  I like it!
 
Top Bottom