Suggestions for PoP 3+

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, is it normal for me to attack a castle garrisoned with 47 Ravenstern mid'range troops (Wardens, Men-at-Arms, etc.) and end the battle having inflicted 200 casualties, including something like 5 Knights of the Dragon and ten Keirguards? ?_?

Fawzia dokhtar-i-Sanjar said:
(Amen!)[/color=navy]

(There are travel in faction specific tracks as well as 3 travel-neutral tracks, each faction has it's own battle theme, each major enemy has its own theme, there are 7 generic battle tracks, 2 fight while mounted tracks, each town has its own faction-specific track as do the taverns and villages.  Same with lords' halls.)[/color=navy]

(We added the sound effects of more people where you suggest, but physically adding them would have overstrained the game engine and caused crashes for a lot of people.  Warband's engine can likely handle it better.)[/color=navy]

(Great!)[/color=navy]

Thank you, by the way. The more I play the more I'm enjoying the improved audio. As I'm traveling more I'm finding more and more new tracks. I recall from somewhere these are paid license  tracks? Doesn't surprise me.  I'm genuinely not sure where the concerns on voice acting are - The female audio has been a huge improvement. There's a long female scream but there's also a big difference between 'there is a spider in the sink' and 'I've got a spear in my stomach'. While climbing one time I had a four or five inch long centipede crawl up my arm and bite me on the neck. I made a long, involved, profanity-laced noise. Very different from the 'stubbed my toe on the sofa' noise.

Some new combat observations:

Seems like it's moved away from 'overwhelming blunt force' to 'specialized gear and skills'. I like this a LOT. One thing that I accepted but didn't enjoy in PoP 2.5 was that all the high-end troops were so powerful that their gear really didn't make a difference and they were virtually unkillable. I just finished a fight with an adventuring party - my Sengali horseman did great, but I lost about 12 of my 33 guys in a very pitched battle. Similar experience with the new and improved heretics. Love the new look and feel; menacing and dangerous and more than a little insane. Yet at no point did I feel like they, or my folks, were pulling their weight by stats but by a specific set of skills. Heavy armored adventurers, when unhorsed, fell surprisingly quickly to footmen troops but while on horseback they just mopped up. Until I split the horsemen from the Heretic force they were miserable bastards - crossbow and infantry in tight support of lance-wielding cavalry. Split up though they suddenly got manageable.

Anyway, combat is not simply difficult - it's dynamic. More of this. I'm level 15 and still feel like I'm scrabbling, carefully picking my battles and agonizing over points on every level. More low level spawns would be good though. I spend a couple of IG games trying to find groups to fight - it seems like bandits, raiders, etc. have gotten terribly sparse.

Environment:

The map is way more dynamic too. Also very, very good thing. Spawns seem very area-specific now. These small factions don't need to take over towns, but suppose nobody kills X% of the forest bandit spawns for X period of time it should load larger and larger forest bandit groups, maybe more powerful groups, until they become a real issue. This would add to a sort of ecology given the new patrol-spawns. If I'm raiding Sarleon territory and killing the little Sarleon patrols, these patrols are not culling Adventurer, Rogue Knight and Forest Bandit spawns - if I don't fill in that ecological gap myself I'll end up with larger problems down the line.

Expansion on the religions would be good. The gods talk to people -  this is awesome slathered in pure awesome sauce with a creamy awesome filling. Adding religion as a factor of like/dislike and spawns of their own would be good good stuff.

Мy suggestion is to return the beautiful crown of beta 10.  :roll:
New crown looks like a Santa Claus hat.

My suggestion is you quit *****ing about the crown. This is the second time you are bringing this up deliberately.You aren't earning anyone's love and there's 0 to none chance,which means just about none to simplify it for you,that we'll return to the old crown with the baldness and hair glitch.

Before you complain for the third time,consider this,and know that your complaints are just spawning dislike for you on my side.

~Ãbyss

Both Native and PoP 3 castles "restock" troops at set intervals.  How it is done in PoP 3 is different from Native, in that the "restock" is of higher quality troops.

A little suggestion from a bad experience : It would be nice to have some of your companion with you when you get ambushed in a city. After all, if they are your companion , it's because they are with you. 4 D'Shar ( Assassin or BladeMaster ) a little too much for me when they appear at 2-3 meters from you and your sword is not drawn...  :roll:

EDIT : Also, when you start with a 2handed weapon, those guy can 1 shot you with a knife.  :shock:

Selvhan said:
A little suggestion from a bad experience : It would be nice to have some of your companion with you when you get ambushed in a city. After all, if they are your companion , it's because they are with you. 4 D'Shar ( Assassin or BladeMaster ) a little too much for me when they appear at 2-3 meters from you and your sword is not drawn...  :roll:

+1 to this. When it was just your random bandits, no problem, but I ran into something 5 or so of the snake folks, and got out of there with 2 HP remaining (thank goodness for hiding behind trees, etc).

So far I have been able to handle all of those random spawns except for the D'Shar ones--they take me out in a heartbeat.

i got pooped too but, what the hell, thats suppose to be an ambush and certainly you cannot select anything in an ambush except start to run, fight or whine.

You must think this is a huge improvement over Native, since in unexpected in units and numbers.

there cannot be a warning message "In this town there are enemys ambuscaded waiting for you. As to know: Blademaster (4). Be prepared" LOL

You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth

wait a sec... isn't it that a sooooong?

edited: are the attackers level according to one's level,
or is it random?

Very appropiate, and helps to underrstand the mostly overpassed fact in the text,whenever you arrive at night... righteous folk abandoned streets. so you've been warned, after all !  :cool:

Galagros said:
So far I have been able to handle all of those random spawns except for the D'Shar ones--they take me out in a heartbeat.

Yeah, I keep getting jumped by 2 or 3 scorpion assassins, which basically means I'm out a few hundred dinars guaranteed. I really think it's a good idea to have a few of your troops appear randomly with you as body guards, or perhaps the top 2 in your troop stack or something.

Or, as I said, stay off the streets and out of villages at night until you can handle whatever jumps you.  When you are levelled up, you won't need a bodyguard.

I wanna see splitting of legs,arms,heads from bodies and dungeons which we can explore....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom