Suggestions for Implementation within the Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

If it is possible to tie more skill requirements to equipment I would like to see more items requiring high stats to use for elite units or the player, such as good light armor that requires 20+ agility, high accuracy bows that require horse archery, you could have special shields requiring shielding and a rebalance of horses so that a cheap charger or courser isn't the best horse in the game and there is something to aim for beyond 4 riding.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing a francisca throwing axe, higher damage then a regular throwing axe and alittle more skill requirement.

Am I talking crazy talk or is any of this feasible?

Yeah that is kinda' what I was thinking. Because of the Dark Knight spawns and possibly other things that were changed in the txt file to the overland map. Oh, and I am using the latest patch =). I also wouldn't mind attempting to learn to modify the map. The vanilla map is too... bland.. I think. But other then that, I absolutely love this mod.

We haven't edited either parties or the map, so I just installed and tried out that map thing.  Works fine for me, though I'm not particularly fond of it, myself.  If you tried it with .550 or .560 and were experiencing errors, those errors probably had little to do with that mod. :wink:  Try it now, with .570.

Jinnai said:
We haven't edited either parties or the map, so I just installed and tried out that map thing.  Works fine for me, though I'm not particularly fond of it, myself.  If you tried it with .550 or .560 and were experiencing errors, those errors probably had little to do with that mod. :wink:  Try it now, with .570.

Heh, good point - I was having problems with .560. I'll give it a try with .570 and let you know how it goes.

I would like some modificantion to some of the exisiting but rarely used weapons. Seems like most mods have a preference for swords and bows so there is always a ton of those and each has a different stats but what about axes or throwing weapons. I haven't been able to get my hands on that double headed axe but the longaxe that the king's berserkers use is pretty bad compared to the jeweled sword, about 20 swing damage different. Or how none of the throwing weapons are even worth it, even the spear that requires throwing of 8 is pointless. It has 40 damage and 8 shots with no range compared to a strong yew longbow thats 49+ a pack of 41 ivory arrows. Heck even regular throwing axes are better than the throwing spear.

I'm just saying there should be a few other weapons that are comparible to the overused of Bows and swords. Otherwise its going to look like a cookie cutter army, everyone having the same armor, same horse, weapons all the same and bland. Upgrade the damage so that there is actually a change of you wanting to use something else or improved the pack size of throwing weapon. Maybe make throwing weapons do 80 or 90 damage so that you may be tempted to use it for a castle siege to quickly fling at defenders or something. I dunno, just some love for those under use or weapons that collecting cobwebs since no one smart would use them.

Oh and how about breakable castle/town gates like the one they have in the .96 hemony or w/e series. Gives an alternate way to siege a castle. Well if its possible for you to code it that is =/

mm, when you get knocked, you can see the world on a camera, a free camera.

can the orientation of the camera be controlled by the mouse instead of the A, D,LM,RM. (mouselook) ???

Thanks

Yesterday while i was playing NE  a thought came to my mind. I am currently owning 2 towns, 7 villages, one castle, and one thing is really bothering me. It is pretty annoying when you have to train your army all over again, for instance, I conquer Curaw, i garrison all of my troops, and then i have to go to all villages to get troops, and then to all towns (mine and other factions) to get noble troops and then i have to train them all over again.... And then one idea pooped to my mind:

it would be great to have two new additional buildings:

1. barracks - that building would increase spawn rate of troops in player castles, towns (it is pretty annoying when i defeat a nord lord and 2 days after he has 50 troops), 

2. regrut center - a place where all recruits from player owned villages come and you can recruit then without having to visit all the villages (only one building this type can be built eather in castle or town).

Regards :smile:

Jinnai said:

Are you sure? The .570 parties.txt looks to be last modified on 22/2/2009, implying that you have changed it.

Jinnai said:

.570! Sweet, didn't even know that was out yet. Upgrading to .570 won't kill my save game will it?

Also, I have not tried using that map mod with NE, yet. Would changing the map require a new game?

And you're saying that you guys dont change map or parties txt? If that is the case then in theory a map mod should work? Or I could play around with map modding myself even!  :grin:

Installing that map mod would require starting over to see most of the changes, because it does change the locations of some objects on the map which are set at the start of a game.  And look at the timestamp on almost all the .txt files.  Every time we rebuild the module system it updates most of the txt files whether they need to be or not.

webspinnre said:
Jinnai said:

Heh, good point - I was having problems with .560. I'll give it a try with .570 and let you know how it goes.

Yup, I tried it with .570 and it appears to be working just fine. Chalk it up as another .560 error.

XWolfGhost said:
Lords that actually follow your orders is sorely needed. When you look at the AI assembling a campaign, the armies stay together, even when sieging. I attempted to form a campaign, told everyone to follow me, but when we were sieging the town, the lords within it started to run away, of course my companion's and their armies chased them to the end of the world, and all of them must have just reset or something, because they simply went back to their castles. Am I doing something wrong here?... I would expect them to at least return to me lest they feel my wrath for not following orders, I might as well be a single army kingdom. I have attempted this on more then one occasion by the way, they will even feel the need to go after a few measly Hungry Bandits then follow my orders...

Did this suggestion get any comments?  Or is there an alternate thread discussing this somewhere?  It's something that's been bugging me lately too.  Once your character is built up enough and you can afford a sizeable army, keeping those ADD Lords together during a siege is a nightmare.  Half the time I end up abandoning because my 5 or 6 Lord armies took off after a caravan trying to enter the town!

I'm going to make an assumption that the Lord armies have a range of view on the map just like my character since after chasing a faster party for a short period they will often turn back.  If this is true, would it be possible to greatly reduce their 'FOV' while they are told to 'follow me'?  I dunno anything about the code or trigger system but if this is possible it would be one way to keep your collective army together.

~Lord Traits
Sort of stealing this idea from Total War hear, but it could help define each Lord more so they don't all feel the same. The basic idea is that they get bonuses during certain fights or using a certain type of troop. For example, one trait could be "Night Fighter", where you get +1 tactical during any combat that is done during the night time, or it could give a small boost to your party speed on the main map. The bonuses would be small so they aren't hugely game altering, but are a nice thing to have. Of course all the AI Lords would be given these traits at the start of the game and they could revolve around their names. Like Marksman Nelag could either get +5 damage to his archers or they could have a small increase in range. Your character would get these traits by fighting a number of times. So you fight in a forest 20 times, you get something called "Forest Ranger"(?) which increases your party movement speed in forests by 0.1, then once you hit 40 you get "Forest Ranger +1" or some other name and it increases another 0.1, up to a maximum of lets say 3. It could also be used for the troop types you use and how many kills they get. So if you kill say a thousand enemies with archers, you get a trait and all your archers get some sort of bonus. Their would have to be a limit to how many you can get so it doesn't become so powerful. I could help think of some more if you do decide to do something like this  :wink:

~Morale Waiting
This has really bugged me, but when you are waiting your morale doesn't go up, or even remain the same as it is, so you are forced to go out and attack some bandits or something. Your troops would be happy they get some time to rest and from a game play point I don't see what the problem would be. The positive of waiting in a castle and getting morale would be you don't risk the lives of your men, and you get to be lazy. The negatives are that you don't get the experience from killing those bandits nor the money and items.

~The Great Feast
If the one above isn't implemented then perhaps this one could be. A Feast could be used to increase the morale of your party without having to fight an anyone. You would be required to get certain goods like perhaps one of every food their is, Wine, Ale, Wood(?), Spice I suppose, etc. Then once you have them all you could start the Feast which would takes X amount of hours and each hour your party morale goes up slightly. This is basically giving the option for people with the gold to be lazy and not have to chase bandits every 3 days while training an army. It could also be used in Villages to help raise your relations with them, although it might be too spamable to get up to 100 relations easy. It would cost a lot though.

I like these. I think staying in one town for a day or two should keep morale the same, then after slowly go down, but not as fast as it is now, because the soldiers get impatient with not fighting anyone. Maybe it only works in cities.

The feast idea would be very cool, especially the part where it would raise their attitude towards you wherever you host it, but make it expensive so it cant just be farmed, and maybe have to last 24 hours for each point up. The feast would end after 24 hours, but think of the cost of having to get X amounts of each food item, plus another like 1,000 to host the party, or maybe not that much cuz ur already gonna have to spend a day there not making money, so maybe like 200-300, but 1,000 maybe so its not farmed, but more used as a way to hold your troops over for training for an extra couple days before its time to fight again.

Lord traits could be interesting. Would be nice to have not all the lords be the same per say, but have lil things like that, but are not game breaking.

One Idea with the questions about troop trees:
Would it be possible to create a camping menu option that displays a given faction's trooptree? Perhaps with the special requirements (buildings/allegiance)? Perhaps including a short description of the general troop types? (Not for each tier, but rather type)

Would it be possible for there to be more of a parity between different faction's armor values?  Sometimes I'd like to play a khergit or Nord type character for example, but optimizing your character's armor value always leads to the same handful of a couple heavy plate armors.  I know it makes sense, but it kind of kills your variety of appearance options.

Not sure if anything similar to this has been suggested... anyway.

I really liked how the Blacksmiths would forge me a crown, it looks pretty awesome. I've seen it before but this was the first time i actually got my hands on one...

It's a sad thing that no armour really looks good with the crown, or at least none of the higher level ones.

Here's what I suggest:

After building a Blacksmith, you can (only once) order a Monarch Armor set (or Noble Plate, whatever) to be forged for you for a considerable amount of money. I'm thinking of something like a retextured Lordy Plate or something, using the grey and golden colours from the crown. It doesn't have to be like, the best armour in the game... could have stats equal to a normal Lordy Plate or something.

Note: I know close to nothing about modding, but it's possible to like, rip the texture off the Crown and use it on a different mesh right? Of course, it would have to be altered a bit.

I just want something that really says "Here comes the king" you know :grin:

Durf said:
Would it be possible for there to be more of a parity between different faction's armor values?  Sometimes I'd like to play a khergit or Nord type character for example, but optimizing your character's armor value always leads to the same handful of a couple heavy plate armors.  I know it makes sense, but it kind of kills your variety of appearance options.
I've already suggested that there should be more variety in all aspect of the games, just not armors. Yes yes I know, theres tons of variety from all the choices of items you can equip but if you think about it logically, why would you settle for something that isn't the best or differs from the best so drastically. Sure you can equip all your guys in different armors and weapons to make them look like actual people instead of some machine made mold of one person but whoever you give the best stuff to will do much better then everyone else. As if right now everyone final army looks the same. Player and companion dressed in Lordly plates, equipped with a tempered jeweled sword with an ivory bow+arrow and probably a huskal round shield or something. Why switch the sword for an axe when the top axe may have about the same damage as the base version of your sword with lower reach and slower swing speed as well as being only two handed or why equip the top crossbow when the top bow has the same accurate, gets a damage bonus as well as having more arrows. Heck why even try a throwing weapon when the same bow does so much more damage with better range and ammo. Item bias and cookie cutter army for the win.

Back
Top Bottom