Users who are viewing this thread

I've been loving the game so far, but it has its share of annoyances. My biggest pet peeve is the hideout ambushes. I was pretty disappointed to see that they were unchanged from Warband. I had a few ideas for them.

1. Let us pick which units attack with us. I think limiting the number of units makes things interesting, but not when they are random. This one change would make these encounters infinitely more enjoyable.

2. Scale the number of units we can bring with how many bandits are in the camp. I think limiting the number of units makes things interesting, but within reason. 7 dudes VS 30+ hardened bandits makes any hideout clearing mission a hard pass for me.

3. Let us beseige hideouts. Give us the option to starve them out and force them to fight a pitched battle. You could balance this by having it take like 3-6 days, with your soldiers sitting around, collecting wages, and eating all your food. You could further balance this by making other bandits in the area converge to relieve their base.

4. Let us negotiate with/buy off/duel the bandit leader. Lots of possibilities here. My favorite idea is paying the bandits to relocate to an enemy faction to screw with their economy. Or, you could kill the leader in a duel and recruit some of the bandits into your party. Other than that, being able to talk with the leader could give us more opportunities to use charm. Lord knows this game needs more speech checks.

That's all I can think of. Any other ideas?

I totaly agree with you. I also had an idea of recruiting captured bosses and creating custom hideout so you can RP brigand chief. It would be interesting if the bosses were NPCs like merchants or gang leaders.

Sometimes it automatically picks a couple of peasants. This can be the difference between winning and losing some times.

i might be wrong but probably your top units gets choosen for bandit lair. But even if it was like that i would appreciate more user friendly troop choosing screen.
I thought it was like that but it seems like it still randomizes some of the troops. I always order my troops in the party screen so i have the best units at the top. Still managed to get a couple of low level troops sometimes :sad:

In warband it was coded very simply for battles and hideouts. The top X units were picked for the mission. In this game it has to be coded some way as well. Seeing that most of the game is copy-paste from warband i am guessing that it is similar in bannerlord, but something must be different. So my guess is that the game first picks out the top X from your party where X is the battle size you have on (500 at default). Then in hideout the game realizes that only you can have 7 men with you, so picks 7 sorted after something else which could be alphabetical or could be lowest level first or something random. Then you get those.

So if my guess is correct then reducing the battle size to 8 before going into hideout will fix it

Back
Top Bottom