Suggestions for classic RPG games

Users who are viewing this thread

I am currently in a gaming dry period, and I am looking for some classical RPGs.
I loved Fallout 1&2 (Planescape: Torment was a bit meh, I didn't like having to control an entire group) and anything along those lines would be just dandy.
Any suggestions?

Already played through Arx fatalis and Nox, both great games.
Is the first gothic in 2d or 3d?
When it comes to old games, I prefer them in 2d.

Meh, been there, done that.

I am more into the "open world" kind of RPG's where how much you get out the of the game depends on how much you explore and how much time you spent on it.
Like morrowind perhaps. But I'm looking for something a little older.
(Oh, and the fallout games as mentioned)

Graylord said:
Is the first gothic in 2d or 3d?
3d. And it is not from the similar, BG and Fallout type IMHO. Still an open world one.
I need to admit that I have a problem with playing old 3d games myself - the graphics is just too bad :sad:.

Try Icewind Dale, I didn't spend much time on that one, but it got some nice reviews - it is more of a hack&slash though.

Kleidophoros said:
Ground Zero: Genesis of a New World. An earlier Fallout if ya ask me.
The one I found was released in 2005  :???:
But I'll take a look.

Also, I'll just throw this out there, do you guys know if there are any zombie rpgs? (Yes, I know this is a question asked as much as the meaning of life  :razz: I've just never seen any, except for those "Zombie Shooter" games.  )

Don't limit your suggestions to that though.

Graylord said:

I am more into the "open world" kind of RPG's where how much you get out the of the game depends on how much you explore and how much time you spent on it.
How bout this awesome game called Mount and Blade: Warband? :lol:

Temuzu said:
Graylord said:

How bout this awesome game called Mount and Blade: Warband? :lol:

Warband is far from classic RPG.

Gothic 1 pretty much fits your description, it's good, you should check it out, it's from 2000 I think. But then again the games not for everyone.

Temuzu said:
Yeah, but it fits the open world thing he described.

Not really, I mean the kind where it almost feels like there is always more optional content to explore, and you get a reward for every location you visit.

Back
Top Bottom