Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey are you guys actively working on the mod as of right now? Since I remember you said you were taking a break, but here you are frequently checking suggestions and everything. :smile:

Mancom37 said:
It would be great if we could put the construction items in the wagon to bring it around and build has we need.
You can, the trick is use the switch-weapon (mouse wheel) to drop it in a bundle, it sticks to the cart rather than the position it has in the server.

mcwiggum said:
Mancom37 said:
It would be great if we could put the construction items in the wagon to bring it around and build has we need.
You can, the trick is use the switch-weapon (mouse wheel) to drop it in a bundle, it sticks to the cart rather than the position it has in the server.

Thank you so much man

Hey devs ! in the new patch will be a new firearms?  :oops:

I recently came across an interesting example of muscovite musket.It looks interesting and i think that this musket will be as good additional weapon for muskovy dragoons\rejtars and cossacks :cool:

"A RARE RUSSIAN SMALL-BORE SNAP-LOCK BIRDING RIFLE  17TH CENTURY "
approximately 88 cm in length
35209.jpg

d5268218x.jpg

NightHawkreal said:
The new patch will be?  :grin:
Beginning of next week, on monday or tuesday. I could release it faster, but I did't want to cause confusion before sunday's event.

Hey devs ! in the new patch will be a new firearms?
No, mostly bugfixes and gameplay changes. Bartus is very occupied and he doesn't really have time for making new models.

Return directx7
Make engineer ammunition prices the same for all factions. The Polish/Lithuanian Engineers are able to buy a blunderbuss and the cheapest ammunition for 1700gold. Where as Swedish Engineers are able to buy a blunderbuss and the cheapest ammunition for 1800gold, the ammunition being 100 gold more expensive than the polish. It makes for a rather unfair imbalance on the CommunityOfficial server.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Hey devs ! in the new patch will be a new firearms?
No, mostly bugfixes and gameplay changes. Bartus is very occupied and he doesn't really have time for making new models.

I think he would be interested in this. So i found a couple of interesting samples. 17 th century. Snaphaunce Flintlock Pistols and English Doglock pistol

watch out ! a lot of images  :grin:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PDOG_right.JPG

PDOG_left.JPG

PDOG_lock.JPG

PDOG_barrel.JPG

p.s I'm not so good at 3D modeling, but I think that the basis for these guns could be taken from pistols with wheellock and replace their locks  to snaphaunce flintlock from this "nederlandlock_arkebuz" or "snaphans_musket"
2TnYzNremJw.jpg

Greetings,

I am greatly enjoying this mod.

Just a few suggestions to put here;

- the pistol sounds are to low, they should be louder.

- the one handed pillow on a stick weapon has far to much blunt damage value, if metal maces have damage in the range of 20ish then weapons made out of inferior material should not be above that

- if a cavalryman is allowed to aim a musket while riding a horse, so should a footman be allowed to move while aiming a musket, I understand that penalties have to be introduced for moving while aiming, but requiring to be completely static does not make any sense

- the amount of arrows in a quiver should be reduced, a lot of eastern quivers had as few as 4-8 arrows, with 10-12 being the usual, perhaps putting it at 18ish would reduce the current number but not hamper archers to much

The weapon damage overhaul has to be done, this mod does the usual with upping the blunt and piercing damage of axes/picks/maces for no reason.
This is something that is irrationally done in nearly every M&B mod, an axe cannot have 35 cutting damage if the usual sword has 25.

You can argue the trauma that axes give you, but understand, war axes had very light heads and damage from them was not as severe as being cut with a sword.
The damage picks can do is, as usual, ludicrous, getting struck by that spike would be as getting stabbed by a knife, it is just a small pointy spike going in, unless it is through your skull or heart, the damage it does will be inferior to that of bladed weapons.

There is a very good reason why basically everyone switched to swords immediately as they became affordable through the ages.

If the current sword damage range is 20-30 then axes should at most be topped at the same values.
Piercing and blunt weapons should be topped at lower than whatever the average for the sword is.

Mamlaz said:
Greetings,

- the pistol sounds are to low, they should be louder.

i'm still working on my personal sound mod which will replace old faggy-farted shot sounds . it is really difficult to find good sounds, but what I found and made by myself, is better than the original :fruity:

Guns should be more accurate;

https://journals.lib.unb.ca/index.php/MCR/article/view/17669/22312

A rectangular target measuring 167 cm X 30 cm(much smaller than man) was used to simulate the frontal area of a standing enemy soldier.

Target for muskets was at 100 metres, 30 metres for pistols.

These are the accuracy results;

https://journals.lib.unb.ca/journalimages/MCR/1995/Vol_42/mcr42art09_ta2.jpg

Considering that in this mod even 4-5m shots miss half the time(even worse for pistols), I believe it is proper to increase accuracy.

Also, as far as I know, there is no evidence whatsoever of Ottoman firearms being superior to European ones, I do not see why they are so in this mod.

Certain weapon stats still make no sense, the two handed Ottoman axe does nearly double the cutting damage than a halberd, which is longer and has an equal sized axehead.

The Ottomans had mass-produced firearms at this point, so I reckon they had higher quality weaponry on a strategic level, but I don't see how this would carry onto the battlefield, since I don't know about how the gunpowder was made.

The problem is, if we make the firearms too accurate, the pikemen and other melee units would be completely useless. Granted, firearms dominated the battlefield, at least if the resources were available.

I've been shot too many times by musketry to want to play melee infantry for any long period of time now. Increasing the accuracy further would only exasperate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom