Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

They need a second thrust. In the face.
Stiletto certainly stylish, but practically useless. I have one option, but you will not like it.  :smile:

The TV people blocking the sword with the palm.  :smile: I mean balance, this weapon has too many advantages.

This ax - a heavy, unbalanced tool that breaks down the doors and fences. Fencing with this strange looks. Speaking of the fences, it was a good idea to give these axes to some bots in the invasion.

NightHawkreal said:
Me too my friend, me too.  :smile:

Especially without.
:razz:

I don't see how that's needed in a historically accurate mod tbh. Yeah, it's fancy, but all it does is buy you one second of extra time when switching to melee after shooting, something that's unrealistically fast in M&B already anyways. Adding an entire new, complicated and unecessary animation+code and whatnot for it is just a waste of time.

in the properties of the berdish  says that this weapon can do piercing attacks . but for some reason these piercing attacks cant be done with berdish  ,only slashing attacks from the sides or top  :meh:

Roran 13 said:
NightHawkreal said:
Me too my friend, me too.  :smile:

Especially without.
:razz:

I don't see how that's needed in a historically accurate mod tbh. Yeah, it's fancy, but all it does is buy you one second of extra time when switching to melee after shooting, something that's unrealistically fast in M&B already anyways. Adding an entire new, complicated and unecessary animation+code and whatnot for it is just a waste of time.

Yes, I agree, the weapon is changing too fast. It would be nice to slow down the animation. Although there is also a psychological effect.

Some accepted suggestion from here, and Polish forum:

Knife- little faster, without blocking, rising price.

Broken stock should have fighting option.

Berdish- little faster, little more dmg.

Add one bow to cossack rider in RON

Add one rifle for reiter in RON

Musket an pistols melee changing stats. Cant say more now.

Rifles- remove melee option.

Otomans stock, lenght and broken limit.

Shields- more dmg for player when he block.

Suggestion, not accepted yet:

Add combined sword-pistol to Mercenary Reiter in Sweden.

Add Austrian stock to Heavy Cuirassier in HRE

Berdish- can thrust.

But not as a primary weapon.  Unfortunately dagger still useful only with the ability to throw. It helps if the enemy tries to increase the distance.

PS Why Reiter, not an officers?

Faenwulf said:
Why remove blocking from the knives/daggers? Some of them have been purely invented to use as a blocking device!

Because there's a difference in using a parrying dagger to set aside a rapier thrust and using it to block a bardiche sweep.

In which case; it would be ideal if certain larger weapons provided a stun effect on the smaller weapon. Whilst I'm all for game play and being able to use daggers effectively (in certain situations), I'm also a massive advocate for a sense of realism within Warband's capabilities. Defending oneself with a small hand weapon is OK and reasonable, yet I think it's unreasonable for a weapon as large as the bardiche (for example) to be consistently blocked by something as small as a dagger - blocking a much larger weapon with a much smaller weapon should therefore inhibit the defender and reward the aggressor. The defender can still hold their ground but must wait for assistance, or alternatively may wait for some mistake in the aggressor's footwork.

I mean no offence b@rtus so please do not take it personally, I think the item statistics (and balancing) in the Deluge is possibly the worst aspect of the module. There are weapon and armour values that I cannot ever reconcile as being 'correct' without a revision across all factions. I sorely, sorely wish that the Deluge emulated Víkingr with regards to combat lethality and movement but, dare I say, the Polish community would never accept it.  :ohdear:

No, the poleaxe typically has a slow attack value and weighs substantially more. It's also difficult to use when the enemy is directly in your face, the shorter weapon will always win through in these situations. What is important however is that the polearm maintains distance, this is where the player with the shorter hand weapon should be at a great disadvantage.

This is what I mean when there are large problems in the weapon balancing within the Deluge, it's going to be difficult to reconcile /x/ with /y/ when there's no ideal middle ground with which to aim for.

But they are long, they are powerful and they will be able penetrate blocks. And the speed can be increased by turning the body. And so the enemy does not close, you can just constantly step back.

Unfortunately M&B has its limits.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
In which case; it would be ideal if certain larger weapons provided a stun effect on the smaller weapon. Whilst I'm all for game play and being able to use daggers effectively (in certain situations), I'm also a massive advocate for a sense of realism within Warband's capabilities. Defending oneself with a small hand weapon is OK and reasonable, yet I think it's unreasonable for a weapon as large as the bardiche (for example) to be consistently blocked by something as small as a dagger - blocking a much larger weapon with a much smaller weapon should therefore inhibit the defender and reward the aggressor. The defender can still hold their ground but must wait for assistance, or alternatively may wait for some mistake in the aggressor's footwork.

This. Just because you use a parrying dagger to attack doesn't magically remove the ability to block a weapon.
Also, since the new version I regularly use the Dirk as my only melee weapon and it's really fun and effective. I would never dream of throwing it.

Back
Top Bottom