Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Why  berdish can not be used as thrusting weapon? While protozan and halberd can do it, then berdish cant do the same.  His sharp tip allows apply stabbing attack  :facepalm:

05-23-berdysh-streleckiy.jpg

Not really the correct thread but I'll write it here:
Why do dragoons often have better muskets than the musketeers, and with better I mean the 10 more accuracy, because that makes a lot of difference?

NightHawkreal said:
You can do something with pistols on horseback? Rider with two two-barreled pistols converted into horse archer.
They must pay more for this pistol in next path.

Mosin-Nagant said:
Not really the correct thread but I'll write it here:
Why do dragoons often have better muskets than the musketeers, and with better I mean the 10 more accuracy, because that makes a lot of difference?

Dragoons have light muskeets, muskeeters have now heavy with more accuracy.

Hi. Would you consider adding France, England, Netherland, Scotland, Ireland and Spain to your mod? Please consider it. If you add this nations to your mod, you will create the most impressive Mount Blade mod ever!

France Musketeers, Cardinal Richelieu's Guards - English Civil War; Royalists, Loyalists and Parliamentarians, Levellers - Dutch Rebels(William the Silent, Oranges) - Scots Covenanters - Montrose Irish, Firelock Storming Party and Spanish Tercio!

kaskal said:
Hi. Would you consider adding France, England, Netherland, Scotland, Ireland and Spain to your mod? Please consider it. If you add this nations to your mod, you will create the most impressive Mount Blade mod ever!

France Musketeers, Cardinal Richelieu's Guards - English Civil War; Royalists, Loyalists and Parliamentarians, Levellers - Dutch Rebels(William the Silent, Oranges) - Scots Covenanters - Montrose Irish, Firelock Storming Party and Spanish Tercio!

this mod is not about France, England, Netherland, Scotland, Ireland and Spain  :grin:

Pretty much, the modification is focused on the historical events of The Deluge. The closest thing we have to westerners is the Lucky Dogs Mercenary Company and the recently introduced Holy Roman Empire.

As far as I know, we were considering to expand the mod. As I have foreseen  :fruity:, by adding HRE we have "encourages" more German players in particular to check out this mid. Clearly, players from certain country would way more enjoy playing as their national soldats rather than Polish or Swedish etc. It was a long time ago and I have no idea whats going on right now.

48894872.jpg

Beyond just adding new items so you can look like mercenaries from somewhere else, I don't think adding new factions will add much. Beyond perhaps attempting to introduce Sword and Buckler men, I can't think of anything unique that came out of Western Europe at the time that isn't in the HRE.

Although I have heard more British people (As in people from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) took part in the 30 Years War than Swedish, because Sweden's population was fairly small, but I can't provide a source on this. That could be shaky justification for more items for outsiders.

HRE and Sweden already feel a little bit like two clone factions, I personally don't see much point in going further west, all the core units would be the same with one or two unique ones per factions at best. Is this really what we want? I don't think so.

Hazzardevil said:
Although I have heard more British people (As in people from England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales) took part in the 30 Years War than Swedish, because Sweden's population was fairly small, but I can't provide a source on this. That could be shaky justification for more items for outsiders.
If I may interject - I believe the accusation is largely untrue on account of Sweden mainly using Scottish, Finnish, German and Landsknechts soldiers. However, the main argument that The Kingdom of Sweden has used mercenaries more than their own Swedish compatriots is true.

JYvcR5q.png
Ccc5aFp.png

Siberian Cossack said:
kaskal said:

this mod is not about France, England, Netherland, Scotland, Ireland and Spain  :grin:

I want the Japanese - with large swords and flags on the back.  :grin:

SolidXerm said:
Hazzardevil said:
If I may interject - I believe the accusation is largely untrue on account of Sweden mainly using Scottish, Finnish, German and Landsknechts soldiers. However, the main argument that The Kingdom of Sweden has used mercenaries more than their own Swedish compatriots is true.

From reading books on the 30 Years War right now I'm getting the impression that the generals were thinking Brits made perfectly good soldiers on their own, but once they start making their own decisions in combat they will make a mess of things. I suppose if you consider British military record outside of the Civil War up to that point the opinion is justified.

Siberian Cossack said:
kaskal said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War

NR52u9F.png

kaskal said:
Siberian Cossack said:
kaskal said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years%27_War

NR52u9F.png
This mod isn't about the Thirty Years War though, it's based around the Swedish Deluge into Poland/Lithuania

Hazzardevil said:
Beyond just adding new items so you can look like mercenaries from somewhere else, I don't think adding new factions will add much. Beyond perhaps attempting to introduce Sword and Buckler men, I can't think of anything unique that came out of Western Europe at the time that isn't in the HRE.

Troop/item wise a lot could be added if they stretched their timeline back by a decade or two. That said adding western factions really would make this a TYW mod, which it is not.

NightHawkreal said:
In 1001 time I ask to make a timer for grenades. I'm tired of engineers who throw grenades just under their feet.
Grenades are alright currently, they either go off on impact with the ground, have a delay before they go off once hitting the ground or don't go off at all.

Back
Top Bottom