Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

mcwiggum said:
If powder horns are going to be added, to refill your own boxes, have it take some time to sit out of the combat to refill.
I personally wouldn't see the point of including powder flasks, the second collar already acts as a proxy for the powder flask itself.

As rapier indicated, having a standard for resting the musket on wouldn't do much in terms of accuracy improvement. All I can imagine it doing is making it less exhausting to hold your 4kg musket at the ready for a volley of fire, and for long engagements. Do mind, that's twice as much as the average medieval poleaxe weighed, and I can say from personal experience that holding that such a thing up for long periods of time is very unpleasant for the forearms.

Has anyone thought about adding the Finnish hakkapeliitta cavalry to the Swedish faction? I think it would make into a great unit.

If there were a way to flesh them out though, such as with unique Finnish warcries or possibly uniforms or armor, that would always be nice. As far as I know though equipment wise they indeed were generic reiters.

I actually tried researching what the hakkappeliita were equipped with but found no real sources on this whatsoever.

YourStepDad said:
If there were a way to flesh them out though, such as with unique Finnish warcries or possibly uniforms or armor, that would always be nice. As far as I know though equipment wise they indeed were generic reiters.

I actually tried researching what the hakkappeliita were equipped with but found no real sources on this whatsoever.
From discussions on another forum with someone who studies the 30 Years War, they didn't even have that apparently. She described Finnish mercenaries as men who wanted to leave home and would take the farm horse with them, so they could be cavalry.

YourStepDad said:

There are some suggestions/evidence that the Finnish cavalry was equipped differently from the Swedish, that they could have breastplates and helmets as depicted in these photos.

http://hem.bredband.net/petterssonpether/1/hackapells.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Hakkapeliitta_2006_b.jpg

Perhaps a completely new unit wouldn't be needed, but maybe some new equipment for the Swedish reiters as well as a new horse (they used Finnish horses that were smaller and more durable than German ones, for example).

hajena said:
YourStepDad said:

There are some suggestions/evidence that the Finnish cavalry was equipped differently from the Swedish, that they could have breastplates and helmets as depicted in these photos.

Perhaps a completely new unit wouldn't be needed, but maybe some new equipment for the Swedish reiters as well as a new horse (they used Finnish horses that were smaller and more durable than German ones, for example).

Why wouldn't the Swedish cavalry also have armour? Designating one nationality among units to fill the same role, but have less armour seems like madness to me. Having a different Finnish Horse would be nice though.

Hazzardevil said:
hajena said:
YourStepDad said:

Why wouldn't the Swedish cavalry also have armour? Designating one nationality among units to fill the same role, but have less armour seems like madness to me. Having a different Finnish Horse would be nice though.

The Swedish did have armour, depending on what year we are talking about(let's say 1630's), but it was costly and from what I understand not every cavalryman had it. The Swedish reiters in this mod only have buff coats. It would be cool to see the hakkapeliittes in this mod because they were quite unique and different from the rest of the Swedish cavalry.

hohoho huzzah for the new version, and how the hell did flamberges get a spotlight? :shock: Not that I mind, on the contrary, I merely thought the only two handed swords still used at this point in Europe would be Scottish Claymores by Scots in Scotland.

Love the WSE reintroduction too! :grin:

Now, for this not to be the new Deluge general thread. Ireally really would beseech the makers of this mod to ask the admins to feature it. It helps the MP community and playerbase Having L'Aigle featured for so long is useless. MP mods especially when updated should take the featured mod spotlight.

YourStepDad said:
Now, for this not to be the new Deluge general thread. Ireally really would beseech the makers of this mod to ask the admins to feature it. It helps the MP community and playerbase Having L'Aigle featured for so long is useless. MP mods especially when updated should take the featured mod spotlight.

I second this.

We really need a general thread. I am actually very fond of the one that got closed, lots of history on it, you should ressurect it, Slawomir. :razz:

My suggestions for now:

- Make the player unable to sheathe the two handed sword, so unless he is carrying it it has to be dropped, much like a pike. Should balance things.

- The new horse models are beautiful. However, now than ever the vanilla weightless hoof sounds stand out. They are very shallow and sound plastic, very much succeeding in killing the feeling that I'm riding a heavy beast. Thankfully there is an easy fix. More Metal Sounds mod's horse galloping, walking and strutting sounds all sound so much better and weighty. I recommend just using MMS' horse sounds while leaving the rest as is.

- I suggest removing two handed swords and burgonets from Swedish infantry (keep it for cav maybe). HRE finally got some items that make it unique and worthwhile as another faction, but with this done it's really the exact same as HRE.

DEFINITELY remove shields from Sweden. HRE or more specifically Austria has been known for its use of rondaschiers even late into the century, not Sweden.

- Add Turkish Estoc to Croats (non ornate)

You guys should add the latest version on MODDB as well, if it gets featured, that might mean a few new players.

EDIT:

Another few ideas of mine:

Add the Turkish non ornate estock and the military pick to Croats.
- Among sabers the most popular weapons of Croatian cavalry was the "pallasch" broadsword which is similar looking (albeit shorter) than the Turkish estock, but the design is very likely a direct copy of it. You can just rename it to "Pallasch" but have it look the same.
Refer to the following two images for more historical background about the two, both from Osprey
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/3b/7a/9c3b7a3be4b674f2e519b936fb4f6ece.jpg
https://tw.greywool.com/i/S3ya7.png

- Bring back yathagans.
They looked good, as good as the best of swords we have now in terms of quality. Their scabbards also. Why were they removed? :sad:

Bring them back at least until you make substitutes which you like more. Better than not having them in the game at all!

- Return the gear looting feature!
It's an incredibly satisfying thing to win a round then loot your enemies for their gear. It can even be immersive, having cossacks equipped with kalkans and sabers they've just picked off dead Turks. It only lasts until the player dies and is not at all an overpowered or unbalanced feature. It's just rewarding and not having it is such a shame.

- Return the gear looting feature!
It's an incredibly satisfying thing to win a round then loot your enemies for their gear. It can even be immersive, having cossacks equipped with kalkans and sabers they've just picked off dead Turks. It only lasts until the player dies and is not at all an overpowered or unbalanced feature. It's just rewarding and not having it is such a shame.

It must be a bug, since looting was not removed. Only a small script was added to prevent spawning with some unusable items, like broken swords, building materials etc. I will have to take a closer look and see what's wrong there...

Back
Top Bottom