Resolved Suggestions about the new dynamics of the workshops and one minor bug about kick companions from the clan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

nerdaida

Recruit
Summary:

I saw that in version 1.8 they changed the dynamics of the workshops. Now you have to take care all the time so that they deliver good yields. I understood that this change is to force the player to develop trading skill. It's an excellent idea but once the trading skill gets too high I don't see the point in keeping it manual anymore. As a suggestion for the next updates, you could create a perk at the end of the trading skills (in 200 or 300 of tranding kills points) that transfers to a caravan the work of maximizing the gain of the workshops. Doing this job of buying a lot of input goods and selling a lot of output goods in a city. So in the late game you worry about other things and you don't have to keep correcting the gains of the workshops all the time.

Another issue is that in version 1.8 I can't kick of the clan a companion using the clan management display. I can only kick a companion from the clan when I open a dialogue with them while traveling.

Thanks for the space.

Have you used cheats and if so which: no cheats

Another issue is that in version 1.8 I can't kick of the clan a companion using the clan management display. I can only kick a companion from the clan when I open a dialogue with them while traveling.
Hey, this is the intended design for this mechanic of the game.
I saw that in version 1.8 they changed the dynamics of the workshops. Now you have to take care all the time so that they deliver good yields. I understood that this change is to force the player to develop trading skill. It's an excellent idea but once the trading skill gets too high I don't see the point in keeping it manual anymore. As a suggestion for the next updates, you could create a perk at the end of the trading skills (in 200 or 300 of tranding kills points) that transfers to a caravan the work of maximizing the gain of the workshops. Doing this job of buying a lot of input goods and selling a lot of output goods in a city. So in the late game you worry about other things and you don't have to keep correcting the gains of the workshops all the time.
You can always create a suggestion post about this on the suggestions section of our forum. Thank you for your time.

I want to add, it specifically being used as a mechanic for only removing them on the road doesn't make sense for this reason:

So you set the game for realism of traveling distance right? So mid-travel is the only way this feature works. What the feature currently is designed to do then is: A day rides journey (on a horse) out of the settlement and you decide "I want to make you leave"

Keep in mind usually when you kick a member out, it's because stat wise they aren't what you want, as there is no feature that's ever been added to see potential stats before adding members.

Moving on, you kicked the member out a days journey from town. Usually a regular first added member is not on a horse, and has almost nothing on them. So not only did you basically leave them on the side of the road, directly following picking them up, having them ride with you out, then just kicked them to the curb: they are also a days journey out from the nearest city, all alone, with whatever they have on them, and on foot. Oh, and usually there are bandits and gangs about. So...

Basically, like I read from a redditor that listed what kicking a clan member looks like for them, we are leaving them to die. Yay...

Way to feel good about the process.

This vs kicking them out at any time, such as in a settlement where they'd be fine.

The latter was actually the original way this worked as I remember as I have been playing the game since it started early access. So this was changed within the year recently by someone's decision, and it's been seen mainly as bad by any gamers that talk about it

So...I'm not seeing a lot of support for this change. Honestly the rest of the game was fine, and finding this change actually hurt the gaming experience quite a bit. So I'd like to recommend changing it back please

Especially for new people to the game who are left to figure this out for themselves, and are likely going to assume, like I did finding this new feature, that they are now stuck with any clan member they add (which they couldn't check stats for beforehand). This will also come off stupid to them as, like I said, they couldn't check stats beforehand

Back
Top Bottom