Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Users who are viewing this thread

The household guard in Perisno is game breaking. 

They cost some cash upfront, sure, but once you are in the late game, cash flows like water.  Give them a legendary sword and shield, Fountain armor and a Weimar helmet, a darkwood bow, a dread wolf or some other beastly mount, and they can walk over everything.  And considering how generous Perisno is with stats and skills, those combat beasts will survive casualties four times out of five.

We can have 25 companions without conflicts, in Phantasy.  That is more than enough for a party of immortal, fully customisable killing machines.  I'm taking castles with 25 men, at 149% difficulty,  trivially.  I am not against other overpowered mechanics, gods know we got oodles of those, but why steal them from another mod?  If I wanted to play Perisno, I would.

Add demon summoning and golem construction. Gather materials and use your magic power and engineering to create powerful golems, or devote yourself to the devil and summon powerful demons using faith and necromancy. etc etc. i want to summon a balrog!

Yobih said:
Add demon summoning and golem construction. Gather materials and use your magic power and engineering to create powerful golems, or devote yourself to the devil and summon powerful demons using faith and necromancy. etc etc. i want to summon a balrog!

I want to summon balrogs too.  It should be added as reinforcements to anyone 's enemy after said person exceeds a certain amount of magic spell use/killing, as it weakens the barrier between worlds.  Balrogs should summon friends too.  And they should never, ever, accept orders from players.  There no player worthy of their service; and all humans (and related critters) are beneath them. 

But it can wait till next week.

gsanders said:
Yobih said:

I want to summon balrogs too.  It should be added as reinforcements to anyone 's enemy after said person exceeds a certain amount of magic spell use/killing, as it weakens the barrier between worlds.  Balrogs should summon friends too.  And they should never, ever, accept orders from players.  There no player worthy of their service; and all humans (and related critters) are beneath them. 

I'm looking forward to Balrogs joining enemies because I've just slaughtered 1000 enemies personally.  That's nearly a thousand extra experience, right there :smile:

Speaking of which, I often do not get credit for killing Balrogs.  Sometimes they blow up, but no experience gets awarded.  I cannot tell what makes it happen, but I am still looking.  I'll let you know when I figure it it, unless you find the problem first.

gsanders said:
Yobih said:

Golem creation via crafting (maybe related to Berembert?) to add soldiers to your army out of combat, and balrog summoning that you can't control in combat sounds perfect.

gsanders said:

YES!! :grin: It seems like the proper price to pay for dabbling in the dark arts ... or even the light ones to a lesser extent? :???:
I can't wait to see armies of Balrogs wandering the landscape after slaughtering the profligate users of magic!! :twisted:

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Is it intended that none of the orc troops can promote into warg riders? Where are you meant to get those, and the shamans?
I have not played Orcs, but many other factions have elite troops that you can only recruit from cities, and only when your relationship with the faction is high enough.

So my guess is that you need to increase your relationship with the Orcs, by freeing their lords, assisting them in battle, etc. then go to Bloody Cliff and see what's available.

It is possible to implement Custom Troop Tree mod ?
I mean this one:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees
Truly elegant and simple one among similar feature mods.

simplify the troop tree?

this is example:
cut the last branches
1_zpsqs7iyekw.png

swap the attributes and equipments from highest to lower until the first branches
2_zpsfl0mi1vr.png

and then adjust the attributes and equipments of its trunk
3_zpsqkkokmih.png

I know guspav made it. It is something you may need to keep.
Its just crossed my mind when checking another mod.
Its just suggestion

How about adding this one? I think it would be wierd that after years  of fighting together with your troops (given that most  of them survive) wont make you familiar with their names other than calling them Swadian footman or rhodok spearmen h.t.t.p.s://w w w .moddb.com/mods/persistent-troop-identities

I dunno if you guys are still accepting suggestions since the mod seems to have been sorta put out to pasture, but a mounted mage unit of some kind would be nice!

It would help if I was not away from my computer for 6 years.
I don't know how much I am able / willing to do but did want to tweak the mod at least one more time for my daughter to play.
She was too young to get into the mod when I was active but its been a year since she graduated and her old laptop might yet run M & B Warband if the graphics are set to minimal settings. I'll experiment when she visits me this weekend.

As for suggestions, I impishly wanted to make the source available for personal use / education purposes and see how many people actually DID tweak the mod "their way". It may be harder than it looks, at first, but actually it could also be good for the community. It's better than me sitting on a silent corpse forever. And my era is passing quickly enough anyway. I didn't think anyone played Mount & Blade Warband by now, but Steam's spring sale, that ends in 2 hours, gave it a bump. 5 euros instead of 20. Well darn, I showed up late, and only because Nexus Mods personally wrote me a letter 8 days ago. I've been making a real player guide and test characters from v158 a1, the last complete version I found. I probably had like 80 versions in archives but they were mostly incomplete or dead.

- GS

simplify the troop tree?

this is example:
cut the last branches
1_zpsqs7iyekw.png

swap the attributes and equipments from highest to lower until the first branches
2_zpsfl0mi1vr.png

and then adjust the attributes and equipments of its trunk
3_zpsqkkokmih.png

I know guspav made it. It is something you may need to keep.
Its just crossed my mind when checking another mod.
Its just suggestion
Hi Whydott.
You always did have great ideas and fixed so many graphics issues I cannot keep track.
Sorry I did not answer; I have been away.
I did not even think I HAD an account here but it let me in the first try. I guess, for all my issues and problems, the Universe did not nuke my account after all. I even forgot how to post here. I also forgot how to play the game, but I recovered that in the last 8 days, so I can show my daughter what to do. She has never ran Warband, not even once. So my guides assume nothing and walk through in pictures, currently as power point slides. It is something I should have done years ago but always felt like I did not have time.

GS

Back
Top Bottom