Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Users who are viewing this thread

Lilly112 said:
I love the Werewolf idea, and the unique spawn. They are both really cool, but what I'd like to see is some sort of Magical Melee people for Ridas. A branch off Apprentice Mage that goes Spell-Sword  Battlemage. So, loses the chance to get Master Mage equivalent, but gains a more durable Mage unit.

I second this request, if anything just so we can get some variance in the Ridas troop tree. Hoo-eeeee is that tree bland.

I just got to thinking. Orcs have a tendency towards raiding and banditry. Maybe make some orc units to toss in with the regular bandits? Or just make it a possibility for them to spawn as orcs. If q single unit can be made to spawn as different races at once that is.

I'm kinda just waiting for many of the randomized bandits (sanctimonious preachers, undead armies, elf bands, etc) to get bandit camps just like the standard factions do.  Possibly with more than 1 camp for the orcs.

Couple of suggestions specifically troop wise. We have the apparent mage hunters with the Vadmeks for the Vagir. I think a possible suggestion on the monk troop tree is to make the male into two paths. Do the main cleric path where you have it now. Then at monk they can upgrade into a mage hunter, high mdef with a crossbow loaded with special bolts that deal more damage if a person has a high magic power skill.

In turn they have somewhat lighter armor than the others and typically fill the role of a skirmish based unit but have a decent skill with a sword.

This will help out the monks who do need some range firepower a bit.

I kind of want to also suggest elven spearmen. Since that is a common thing in lord of the rings.

Are there any plans however to expand the troop trees with the inclusion of noble troops? I could actually see some good ones for the monks for instance as they act like Paladins. Then necromancers could have Dark knights.

Maybe for the Elves you got Elf lords, powerful fighters who ride stags. High charge based but not really with any armor. Orcs could have warchiefs or something like that.

Just some ideas about some new troops.

Swadia-
  Kings Guard- Sliver knights with giant tower shields, have a lot of health and shield skill, but little movement and weapon skill, lastly high Magic resistance. They carry just tower shield with a mace or hammer or short sword. They are good to occupy the front lines of battle. They lack the damage, but make up for it with their tanky build.

Nords-
  Nord Berserk-er- Duel weilding axes with high damage and health, but they have no shirt (they do wear leggings, shoulder pads, gloves, and a berserker looking helmet) They would have the berserk skill, but lack armor so are very vulnerable to archers and mages. (they do have decent helm and legging armor, but not body armor)

Dwarfs-
  Gnomish infiltrator-  Low health and fast movement. These troops have a repeating crossbow, a sticky grenade to slow enemies and lastly a (new idea) Electrical tech dagger (That gives the enemy a electrical shock and other nearby enemies a shock each hit.) (it may also stun(hold halt enemy movement) for 1 second). The gnomes have tech armor that makes them somewhat resistant to magic and physical attacks. These gnomes rely on their gear.

Mages-
  Automaton- A middle ground unit for the mages, robotic troops powered by Magic/mages (kind of like the necromancer staff) shaped with steel metal bars and plates to look like knights or warriors. They have medium health and sluggish movement speed, since they are machine like. Their weapons vary from a wide range of weapons and maybe some might have round metal shields. these troops come at random and may be useful in different situations if you get the right Automaton with the right gear for the fight. They are very weak to magic since they are powered by magic, interfering spells could mess up their function and might even make them hostile to anyone in sight.

Will edit and add more troop ideas

So then had a new idea for a mec team and maybe new spawn for the bank, working similar to man hunters

Fluff: While the gnomes are the only major race who does not own their own empire, instead preferring to reside in most major towns in their own neutral conclaves, they have never been called upon to raise a large standing army. The largest gnomish institution the gnomish bank however is known to hire almost all of the gnomes of a martial bent, using them as their debt collection agents and even hiring their highly skilled men to important clients.

Gnomish recruit: Basic tier of the merc tree, has a crossbow and spear. Nothing really to write home about, from here it branches out into two paths.

Melee path, Gnomish spearman: A basic spear trooper, wears light armor so is relatively fast on the move, Loses out on their crossbow.

Gnomish pikeman: The backbone of the Gnomish banks army, these pikemen are lightly armored and quick to move, but their giant pikes are able to swiftly deal death and destruction to opposing forces. The work best with other pikemen.

Gnomish armored pikeman: While Armored is a bit much to describe them, they have a basic metal breastplate and helm. Considered the elite of the tree Calvary and infantry charges quickly die on their pikes.

Range path, Gnomish skirmisher: Wielding a better crossbow and more training, these gnomes are a forces to be feared as they hide behind the pikes of their marital pals. Divides into two paths, gnomish repeating crossbowman and gnomish alchemist

Gnomish repeating crossbowman: Wielding the feared repeating crossbow, these troops are like a scythe to the enemies of the gnomish bank, leaving a great mass of dead bodies with their machine gun like weapons.

Gnomish alchemist: These gnomes have taken their alchemy trade to the new level, Bringing their potions and brews to the field of battle with devastating results. Wield things like footglue and the creativity fire bomb throwers but in larger amounts.

This stuff I sorta thought up of with the swish pikemen who where lightly armored devastating soldiers, able to beat the **** out of anyone and taking no prisoners, and to get more gnomes in the game as they need some love

I have noticed that the new factions lords have a significant amount of amazing troops compared to the vanilla factions, I think that you should either upgrade the vanilla lords or downgrade the new lords. You should also add a mummy cavalry line. It could turn out to be a horse archer/ mounted skirmished type? And I would love for some information on the factions "elite" troops, like the vaegir vedmaks and the nord Valkyries. Finally I think you should upgrade the mountain halberdiers wages because they are amazingly over powered at 24 denars a week, change them to something like 32-40 denars a week. Thanks!

Monkeyman27 said:
I have noticed that the new factions lords have a significant amount of amazing troops compared to the vanilla factions, I think that you should either upgrade the vanilla lords or downgrade the new lords. You should also add a mummy cavalry line. It could turn out to be a horse archer/ mounted skirmished type? And I would love for some information on the factions "elite" troops, like the vaegir vedmaks and the nord Valkyries. Finally I think you should upgrade the mountain halberdiers wages because they are amazingly over powered at 24 denars a week, change them to something like 32-40 denars a week. Thanks!

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276394.45.html

If you go to that link and scroll down to the post by just a bandit he has pictures for all of them in combat and their stat pages! I linked his post to the guide, but I'll have to double check it's working.

EDIT: He also has a video of them in combat at the end of that exact same post!

New mummy troop tree:
Mummy conscript-->Mummy halberdier--> Mummy veteran halberdier
                                                        --> Mummy priest--> Mummy high priest
                        --Mummy skirmisher--> Mummy archer--> Mummy elite archer

The new companions deserve a little more love, edit the levels and proficiencies to blend in with the vanilla companions, for instance:
Endel lv 4 cost:100
Proficiencies:
One handed:50
Two handed:20
Polearms: 70
Archery/crossbows: 20
Firearms:0
Of course that is just an example, but the companions need a lot of work done.

Apollo Densin said:
So then had a new idea for a mec team and maybe new spawn for the bank, working similar to man hunters

Fluff: While the gnomes are the only major race who does not own their own empire, instead preferring to reside in most major towns in their own neutral conclaves, they have never been called upon to raise a large standing army. The largest gnomish institution the gnomish bank however is known to hire almost all of the gnomes of a martial bent, using them as their debt collection agents and even hiring their highly skilled men to important clients.

Gnomish recruit: Basic tier of the merc tree, has a crossbow and spear. Nothing really to write home about, from here it branches out into two paths.

Melee path, Gnomish spearman: A basic spear trooper, wears light armor so is relatively fast on the move, Loses out on their crossbow.

Gnomish pikeman: The backbone of the Gnomish banks army, these pikemen are lightly armored and quick to move, but their giant pikes are able to swiftly deal death and destruction to opposing forces. The work best with other pikemen.

Gnomish armored pikeman: While Armored is a bit much to describe them, they have a basic metal breastplate and helm. Considered the elite of the tree Calvary and infantry charges quickly die on their pikes.

Range path, Gnomish skirmisher: Wielding a better crossbow and more training, these gnomes are a forces to be feared as they hide behind the pikes of their marital pals. Divides into two paths, gnomish repeating crossbowman and gnomish alchemist

Gnomish repeating crossbowman: Wielding the feared repeating crossbow, these troops are like a scythe to the enemies of the gnomish bank, leaving a great mass of dead bodies with their machine gun like weapons.

Gnomish alchemist: These gnomes have taken their alchemy trade to the new level, Bringing their potions and brews to the field of battle with devastating results. Wield things like footglue and the creativity fire bomb throwers but in larger amounts.

This stuff I sorta thought up of with the swish pikemen who where lightly armored devastating soldiers, able to beat the **** out of anyone and taking no prisoners, and to get more gnomes in the game as they need some love
I love these ideas. Gnomes need more love. It'd be great to be able to recruit and build an all-gnome army or mercenary band. Super cool. If there was a point of reference, even a neutral one like the Four Ways Inn, where you could regularly buy recruits, you could then build your gnome band.

I'm not sure if this suggestion technically falls under this category but I thought that I since it dealt with troops in a way this was the best place to put it. I posted this in a thread about outlaws and undead parties roaming throughout the land.

(The link can be found here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,316530.0.html)

Basically it takes the script used by vassals or the Fan parties obtained through entertainment and applies it to the undead or outlaw groups. You use necomancy and relation to have the undead/shadow parties either join your group or patrol around certain areas for you; higher necromancy needed for the different troop parties.  Since Outlaws usually have relatively small groups and/or don't contain very high tier troops you just need to increase relation with them to get the same outcome.

To make sure that a player can't have massive zergs roaming the land (basically just keeping the number of patrols in check) you can only have relation with either the Outlaws OR the undead, not both; meaning that gaining relation with one decreases it with the other. This also makes most sense seeing as they both patrol the lands and get into their small skirmishes without player influence.

I think an additional elite tier or improved native troops would make the mod better. The look out of place. The troop tree doesnt have to change but cooler armor would be great. For example swadian Knights could have helms which actually cover their faces and make them look badass instead of the open helmet they have now. Maybe some new Winged helmets with the wings going backwards instead of to the side
Rhodok Serjeants for example look very badass already but still look kind of dark.
Vaegir marksmen are.... They look too ragged specially compared with the elves. They could have those Vaegir helmets made of mail which covers the neck as well. I'll get the name for it.

I guess you get the idea. A native factions revamp.

**Edit: Moved this from the "Currently working on.." thread because this more related to troop tree than anything else.**
Figured I would save moderators the hassle just in case. :smile:

Will the next update have upgrades to raised Necromancer units? Like skeletons and zombies leveling into knights?

If so might I request, if at all possible, have them either infantry OR cavalry instead of having a chance to be either? I personally feel that having some Skeleton/Zombie knights with horses and some without is a little annoying. If you put them with infantry, the horse units rush in and often are killed; if you put them with cavalry then the units without horses are just infantry units that are getting into the battle later than when you wanted your infantry to be there. It isn't a big issue, but it's just something I wish were changed. I recognize that there are other units in the game that follow this same type of random generation but I have the same complaints about those.

Maybe I stand alone in this opinion. If I knew anything about Python I would try to change it myself :sad:

Hi there, been enjoying the phantasy of calradia mod, and thought I'd pitch some ideas your way if it'd be plausible.

Races
Kitsune - Kitsune are a race of fox-like creatures. They are often as quick and agile thieves and mischief makers, or guardians. They are regarded as very cunning and agile (+ int and +agi). They have very magical properties about them.

Tengu - Tengu are crow/raven-like creatures that are sometimes revered as forest guardians, and other times mischief makers that play pranks. They are very cunning, and said to be strong.

Tiefling - Tieflings are known as beings which have been touched by the essence of the underworld. They are commonly depicted with a lizard-like tail, horns that protrude off of their foreheads, and have pointed ears like an elf's. They can be great thieves, menacing sorcerors, or even mighty warriors

Kobold - Kobolds are small impish creatures that dwell underground for most of the time. They are small, dragon-like, and are commonly weak, but are intelligent where they can be.

Aqua Genasi - Aqua Genasi are humanoid figures which have been touched by the plane of water. They can range from warriors to sorcerors, intelligent and charismatic.

These races ideally would be selectable in player creation menu, as well as having a number of companions consisting of the races to have in your army. Recruiting units under the following races would be in neutral places (like 4ways inn) and scattered over calradia.

Dragon Unit

Dragons are a main staple to the dnd settings, and while there's a wartorn land, it would be interesting to see how a red-army event of one of the chromatic dragons would spice up the battlefield.

The dragons themselves would be very uncommon, almost rare to have them show up, and when they do they would raise hell on the overworld. Whether quadrapedal units with their own attack animations and unique items would be doable, would end up determining what could be done with M&BW on this.

There's ways of knocking dragons unconscious and taking them prisoner if you ever were lucky to, but a way to recruit them would ideally be on an island northwest of the ocean, making you take a ship to reach there to a neutral station to find someone either raising, or blackmarketing dragons.

When purchasing the dragons, you'd start off with the egg. And this would apply to all chromatic colors. And here's the growth tree for the dragon unit

Egg --> Infant Dragon ---> Young Dragon ---> Adolescent Dragon -->  Mature Dragon ---> Adult Dragon ---> Elder Dragon --> Grand Elder Dragon

and to name a few of the chromatics, things like red, blue, yellow, green, black, gold, etc.

Why starting off with the egg? Well not only role play wise for the dragon to more likely follow you, but also a test to raising it. Yes it would be a unit that would take the battlefield, but it wouldn't move. It would sit there at the start, and after a gruesome experience grind and protecting it, does it hatch and become a more combat oriented, able to hold its own, infant dragon. Then train easy on up to becoming a young dragon, med grind to adolescent, and etc. and get progressively longer as it goes up to grand elder dragon. Why would egg be such a long and extruciating grind? because it still needs to grow, and also the pay off for a very powerful and dangerous unit would be worth it.

So on level balance with a red-army dragon unit, you may find a mature dragon with some young and infant dragons, but prepare a long and gruesome battle should you encounter a Grand Elder Dragon.

I'd honestly like a couple more of each races companions I am not sure how many are in, so I could build an all drow or dwarf party for example, with that races companions as captains in it. For the sake of balance you can make them hate non drow companions if you like, though i'd prefer you just let the player pick and choose.

Maybe they'd require a certain renown as well as money?

I also prefer them to start at level 1 personally so I can customise them to suit, unlike the poster toward the top of the page, but you could do a mix I suppose.

Also a really expensive half demon companion would be a nice touch, in fact I haven't seen your complete unit roster but half breed units for every race would be nice. Half demons, half ogres, half trolls, half elves are the common ones I guess. I mean really expensive for the half demon  though so 50, 100k? Whatever in this mods terms is late game prices, I haven't got there yet, and maybe mid level prices for a half ogre or troll companion.

JinMang said:
Hi there, been enjoying the phantasy of calradia mod, and thought I'd pitch some ideas your way if it'd be plausible.

Races
Kitsune - Kitsune are a race of fox-like creatures. They are often as quick and agile thieves and mischief makers, or guardians. They are regarded as very cunning and agile (+ int and +agi). They have very magical properties about them.

Tengu - Tengu are crow/raven-like creatures that are sometimes revered as forest guardians, and other times mischief makers that play pranks. They are very cunning, and said to be strong.

Tiefling - Tieflings are known as beings which have been touched by the essence of the underworld. They are commonly depicted with a lizard-like tail, horns that protrude off of their foreheads, and have pointed ears like an elf's. They can be great thieves, menacing sorcerors, or even mighty warriors

Kobold - Kobolds are small impish creatures that dwell underground for most of the time. They are small, dragon-like, and are commonly weak, but are intelligent where they can be.

Aqua Genasi - Aqua Genasi are humanoid figures which have been touched by the plane of water. They can range from warriors to sorcerors, intelligent and charismatic.

These races ideally would be selectable in player creation menu, as well as having a number of companions consisting of the races to have in your army. Recruiting units under the following races would be in neutral places (like 4ways inn) and scattered over calradia.

Dragon Unit

Dragons are a main staple to the dnd settings, and while there's a wartorn land, it would be interesting to see how a red-army event of one of the chromatic dragons would spice up the battlefield.

The dragons themselves would be very uncommon, almost rare to have them show up, and when they do they would raise hell on the overworld. Whether quadrapedal units with their own attack animations and unique items would be doable, would end up determining what could be done with M&BW on this.

There's ways of knocking dragons unconscious and taking them prisoner if you ever were lucky to, but a way to recruit them would ideally be on an island northwest of the ocean, making you take a ship to reach there to a neutral station to find someone either raising, or blackmarketing dragons.

When purchasing the dragons, you'd start off with the egg. And this would apply to all chromatic colors. And here's the growth tree for the dragon unit

Egg --> Infant Dragon ---> Young Dragon ---> Adolescent Dragon -->  Mature Dragon ---> Adult Dragon ---> Elder Dragon --> Grand Elder Dragon

and to name a few of the chromatics, things like red, blue, yellow, green, black, gold, etc.

Why starting off with the egg? Well not only role play wise for the dragon to more likely follow you, but also a test to raising it. Yes it would be a unit that would take the battlefield, but it wouldn't move. It would sit there at the start, and after a gruesome experience grind and protecting it, does it hatch and become a more combat oriented, able to hold its own, infant dragon. Then train easy on up to becoming a young dragon, med grind to adolescent, and etc. and get progressively longer as it goes up to grand elder dragon. Why would egg be such a long and extruciating grind? because it still needs to grow, and also the pay off for a very powerful and dangerous unit would be worth it.

So on level balance with a red-army dragon unit, you may find a mature dragon with some young and infant dragons, but prepare a long and gruesome battle should you encounter a Grand Elder Dragon.
There's a coding limit on races in Warband, one that has already been exhausted by Guspav (thanks to male and females also taking up a "race" slot).
Unfortunately.

zykox said:
JinMang said:

Races

Dragon Unit

There's a coding limit on races in Warband, one that has already been exhausted by Guspav (thanks to male and females also taking up a "race" slot).
Unfortunately.

Some of these you can pull off as they are not too different.

Give tieflings a demon head helmet and make them NPC only, that should solve that. Same with ogres, half ogres, trolls, half trolls etc. Even if they are not a full race, just represented by units how golems are done for example. It'd be enough for me to be able to raise troll or ogre units (with a nasty food hit if possible, maybe they cost food).

Also for things like minotaurs, and trolls, a wild race roll would be great, based on your leadership skill and strength, they will attack you at the start of the battle (or just rout) if they are not commanded with strength. This would be a way to balance them against necromancers and wizards with high intelligence but low strength, so it'd be harder till late game to get all these superunits in your party working together.

Half elves can look like elves or humans, so no problem there. Most things listed that are human sized could be done with an appropriate body suit, with a skilled modder (props for whoever did the golems :smile: ).

Dragons could be a mount perhaps? Or drakes at least, if dragons are too much. You could still have the mount improve over time, and riding it you might get access to a spell called dragons breath :smile:, oh we can dream heh. In fact mounts improving over time generally for special creatures would great, perhaps by feeding them certain items or casting spells through quests. Improving could simply mean mount A is swapped in the inventory for mount B. (Is it possible to make mounts attack independent of the player?)

Oh IDEA, dragon mount, invisible rider. Looks like the dragon is moving on it's own right, the invisible rider is merely called dragon.
What does he attack with, fireballs. Race Gnome, so he is tiny and seated near the front of the dragon (or inside it) so the fireballs look like they are coming from it. Not sure if it'd work, but it'd be fun as a test, you could use a horse to test, or you could have a dedicated visible dragonkin or some such empowered by the mount slinging fireballs, something fantasy-esque.

The trouble would occour when the mount is killed but the rider survive, then you have an invisible fireball trhowing dude running across the battlefield. Plus, if the dragon rider target is located behind the dragon it wuld look like it is throwing flames throught is A hole  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom