Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Users who are viewing this thread

guspav

Section Moderator
This topic is to focus more on troops and NPCs as the title suggests.
I hope we can disentangle the suggestions thread a bit with these.

What about mounted zombies for necromancer?
In battles a lot of horses died, and it is able to animate their riders with pets. :smile:

Horse zombie - slow and clumsy but hardy and having strong bite
HP 150
Armor 0
Charge 30 (zombie horse can bitting))))
Need skill 0 (fully controllable without skills)
Speed 32
Maneuver 31
Model such as standard horse with textures like zombie - white with some bloodstains.

Zombie rider
Armoured zombie rider
Such zombie wield pikes/spears

To animate such units needs at lest necromancy skill 5 because of more difficult ritual.

Mercenary dwarves, elves, drow, orcs, (mercenary undead?)... equiped with a mix of Calradian and Phantasy gear. Human mercs with Phantasy gear. The new "alignment" system works great, but it does ruin certain tactics and strategies. By adding in mercs, you can circumvent that problem somewhat.

NPC ideas:
An Order of the Blazing Hand NPC that gives repeatable kill undead/kill demons quests
An Elf NPC that gives repeatable kill forest bandit quests
A Dwarf NPC that gives repeatable kill mountain bandit quests
A Shadow NPC that gives some sort of quest...haven't thought of a good one!

1. Minor factions leaders - leaderless faction spawns will follow them e.g. if "Robin Hood's" party appear, nearby Forest Bandits parties start follow his party and Mountain Bandits parties will follow "Jánošík". Every of faction leaders has own banner, (often in bad quality, when we're talking about Outlaws). There are few leaders in every factions. Most of them could be taken captive and released (for gold or faction relation boost) or executed.

2. More mercenaries (Amazon, Nord Corsair, Sarranid Nomad, Adventurer,  Dwarven Adventurer, Drow Pariah, Paladin Outcast, Witchhunter, Orcish Bravo)  and faction elite troops - Ridas Magocracy have 4 types of elite troops  :grin: And if we talk about mercenaries - they should be neutral to undead troops in party.

3. Unique spawns - often lead large army, have unique household troop(s) and historical background ( and pretty cool banner too  :wink: ) - I will add some unique spawns propositions in the evening.

4. Vedmak could have two swords (second as shield of course) instead shield.

Edit:

Unique spawns:

Faction: Outlaws

Sir Kiril the White

Background: Nobody knows from where the young knight named Kiril came. Once he was a Grand Inquisitor of Blazing Hand and has practical rule over Order. When he took this position the world learned about his fanatical nature. He was merciless to magicians and even for people who have something in common with them - he was burning people at the stake for just talking with someone suspected of witchcraft. In madness he even had the plan to start the war with "heretic" Vaegirs Kingdom and was sending his Witchunters on their lands. Some say that he drank the blood and devoured bodies of his victims and he must be demon or vampire, but fanatics claim him to be savior of the rotting world. Terror lasted until the Grand Inquisitor accuse Grandmaster of heresy and attempted to burn the Blazing Hand Temple. The siege lasted several days until the army of Vaegirs arrived - Kiril's bands were roaming their countryside and burns villages. King Yaroglek didn't wait with response. The Inquisitor's army was slain and he was placed on the process, but one day he just disappeared from guarded prison cell. Knights believed that he was in possession of demon and dark powers help him with escape. After bloody reign of Kiril, the Order changed. Grandmaster introduced many reforms, inter alia: limited power of Grand Inquisitor, introduced tolerance for magicians, made order more secular and less fanatical.

Character description:
Race: Human (in fact possessed by demon)
Hair: long white
Beard/Moustache: no
Eyes: entirely white
Face: young and handsome
Character: evil, but he talks like paladin

Class: Dark Cleric
Skills: around 80 strenght (because he is demon and must be very powerful), max in ironflesh, faith and strike, high proficiency in melee weapons, immute to magic
Equipment: silver Blazing Hand knight armor without helmet, Purificator - flaming two-handed sword
Banner: Blazing Hand banner with red fist and flames instead of blue

Party:
Dark Inquisitors - unique elite troop, human race, dark cleric class, immune to magic, wear hooded black armor, using mace + shield and axe + shield, possessed by demon so really strong one
Witchhunters - appears as mercenary in taverns too, so it's not unique for Kiril, using crossbow,  and some blunt/sword weapons + shield, wearing leather armor, have good resistance to magic
Fanatics - weak monk-type unit

Party consists of:

20-30 Dark Inquisitors
100-150 Witchhunters
400-500 Fanatics

so it's really big challenge.

Options when get him prisoner: execute him ( boost relations with Blazing Hand & Vaegirs - he turns into dust as well as his powerfull sword), let him go for ransom (huge amount of denars), let him go for sword (only once, his sword has levels of power - when you get it it's weak and not flaming but when you kill certain number of living creatures it will upgrade [you will lose worse version and get better; demons count as 2 or 3 killed units ] ), just let him go (get relations with Demons).

Unlike the other unique spawn's, when killed he will also return. When Demons arrive he will come back and be added to their vassals as Kiril the Black - with same skills, but with twilight armor and other flaming sword, with giant shadow race ("golem") and reversed banner of Blazing Hand - red fist/flame, black background.
His army will be as big as other Demon lords (not as big as when he was unique spawn), it consists of Dark Inquisitors as elite household troop, medium and low tier demons.

Edit2:

Vizier Arif (aka Jackal)

Faction: Outlaws

Background: Sultan Ayzar's younger brother. When he was just a boy, he was sent to Ridas Magocracy to learn about all kinds of knowledge.  So when he returned after many years, he was prepared to take the position of vizier at his brother court. Arif was widely respected and his advices led to the flowering of Sarranid Sultanate. He was ambitious but loyal - after the death of his brother he served on the court of Arwa and her husband. After Baybak death, Hakim knows that Arif remained loyal to Arwa and wisely considered him as great danger. He accused him of killing both Sultans with help of black magic, using necromancy (though it's not banned in Sarraind Sultanate) and for treason as he did not consider him to be the new sultan . Arif was exiled and he fled to far kingdoms behind the sea. But now he returned to Calradia and he is seeking for vengeance.

Character description:
Race: Human
Hair: cropped black
Beard/Moustache: cropped black beard
Eyes: brown
Face: not really old (he is old but he is mage too) and long
Character: upstanding

Class: Necrowarrior
Skills: good necromancy and warrior skills, high magic skills too
Equipment: decorated sarranid armor with helmet, royal sarranid scimitar, sarranid horse, magic
Banner: black jackal on yellow background

Party:

Champion of Jackal - unique, [elite] better version of Rider of Jackal, mummy race, very resistant just "mountain-that-rides"
Rider of Jackal - unique, better version of mamluke, using twin scimitars instead blunt weapons and shield, human race, higher riding and athletics (cannot upgrade to Champion)
Sarranid Horseman

Party consists of:

around 5 Champions, around 30 Riders, around 70 horsemen - it's not huge, but very mobile and elite army.

Options when get him prisoner: execute him ( boost relations with Sarranids and Hakim, lose relations with Arwa the Pearled One), let him go for ransom (huge amount of denars), let him go for nothing (boost relations with Arwa, lose with Hakim)

also you could persuade him to join your cause (only when Arwa is in your party) - he will challenge you to fight 3 of his Champions and after that Arif himself (magic is not allowed), when You win, he will join Sarranid pretendent cause and you get positive relations with some of the Sarranid lords . If you lose he also join your cause but you will lose renown and relations with him.

KingBruceLee said:
1. Minor factions leaders - leaderless faction spawns will follow them e.g. if "Robin Hood's" party appear, nearby Forest Bandits parties start follow his party and Mountain Bandits parties will follow "Jánošík". Every of faction leaders has own banner, (often in bad quality, when we're talking about Outlaws). There are few leaders in every factions. Most of them could be taken captive and released (for gold or faction relation boost) or executed.

That'd lead to some fun late-game shenanigans if those leaders could end up getting vassalage of some king.

Always love games with vampires in them, and the undead faction seems tailor made. Should be somewhere at the top of their troop tree, with great foot speed and hitpoints/armor-but very expensive as well. Not sure if a main character with a script could actually become more powerful over time-ie the older the vamp, the more powerful they get.

I made a Vampire troop tree for personal use on the old version. Went a bit like the HoMM Vamps did. Vampire - Vamp Knight - Vamp Lord. They just used Vampiric bolt then. But I feel Darkness and Haste would suit them well too.

Priestess of Eilistraee drow claiment (or as Dokohan Koldoff Alliance lord) with unique troop tree-more focused on clerics and lightly armored, quick melee troops.

zoommooz11 said:
Always love games with vampires in them, and the undead faction seems tailor made. Should be somewhere at the top of their troop tree, with great foot speed and hitpoints/armor-but very expensive as well. Not sure if a main character with a script could actually become more powerful over time-ie the older the vamp, the more powerful they get.
No offense, but I similarly hate any games with vampires in them. 1 vote against them.

Love vampires, love werewolves.

Vampires:
- vampire transformation would not have to make visible changes (vampires hide their true nature) but will give player some special skills, abilities and increase player strength&agility . For example few vampire powers:
+ transform into monstrous nosferatu (equip bodyarmor and some kind of dual or two-handed weapons)
+ fear (nothing to explain)
+ control (could be same as mages charm)
+ drain (passive, you gain health when deal damage)
+ invisibility or transform into fog (if possible)
+ variation of vampiric bolt
+ transform companions into vampires (but not all would want this)
+ need for blood if possible to do
- vampires castle - neutral hidden place, with interesting characters, special merchant (unique mounts, weapons and armor) quests, at some point you also can hire vampires there. You can learn best vampire skills by climb the steps of advancement in the hierarchy of the vampires.
- vampires troop tree e.g. Vampire Reborn > Vampire Warrior > Elder Vampire > Vampire Lord [elite]
- you can become lich if you are vampire (and then you will no longer be vampire, also you lose all vampire skills and acces to castle ), but you can't become vampire if you are lich, it's simple
- Silver Brotherhood - sanctimonious group of vampire hunters, they randomly spawn around the map, hunting bandits and undeads because of their nature vampires do not form warbands (only under player and maybe some unique spawn/s). Hostile to player from beginning. Good equiped, can leave some rare items.
- there could be cure for vampirism

Werewolves:

I think it's really hard to do, but this is my dream since I saw Warband :grin:

Because Werewolves was exterminated many years ago, you need to perform really black ritual for one of Dark Gods to become the first Werewolf. But when you do it:
- you wear badass bodyarmor
- haven't got acces to inventory
- your soldiers leaves you
- you become leader of "[player name] Clan", every faction is hostile, you can't recruit troops and help anybody in fight
- you gain army by transform prisoners to werewolves (little chance that prisoner will survive the transformation)
- you gain acces to werewolves hideout
- gain meat after each battle, so if you want live you must fight
- you can slaughter village to gain meat or kill some peasants and transform survivors
- transform captured lords (of course not from Delthersam, you only can kill them), they will join your "werewolves" faction and have only werewolves in their ranks (because your kingdom culture will be "werewolves)
- option to destroy cities/castles but before that you must fight defenders in field, if they don't wont leave walls, you can do nothing
- there is no cure for that

option for bored players and sadists who just want to destroy Calradia, just like me  :grin: But finally it would be something different.

Yes, I know that werewolves would be good for RPG, but not for game like Warband :grin: you know why  :wink:

But shapeshifter troop that can change into random monster (bodyarmor) e.g. lizardmen or werebear or werewolf or other creature would be good.

I don't think this could work just based on the races limit.  Sorry, but you are waaaaaaaayyy too late for that pole.

mercav said:
I don't think this could work just based on the races limit.  Sorry, but you are waaaaaaaayyy too late for that pole.

Not necessarily true:

guspav said:

I don't have anything against D&D races. As a matter of fact, much of the mod is inspired in D&D so I see no reason to change it.
Other creatures can be made as well. I just need their "base race" to make sense sound-wise and size-wise.
For instance, I could relatively easily build ghosts, specters and wraiths from shadows, just give them some special "armor" to make their bodies right. They could sound like shadows without any fuzz.

Taking the human model then, he could make armors/skins that make sense for vampires, and give them to this new subclass. At that point, he could implement their unique abilities/spells.

Have you thought about the total transformation of vanilla troops (edited+new trees, changed equipment&skills) ?  You know, most of vanilla units have that poor and ugly medieval appearance, troop trees are also poor, lords and kings are a failure. It's phantasy mod in phantasy Calradia - it's not just one of many boring medieval places.  This mod shows that it is possible to make vanilla factions unique and interesting
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,304428.0.html .

I hope there would be more Elite troops. And mayba made separate Noble trees for better units, but not good enough to be Elite e.q. Delthersam - Necromancers, Undead Knights, Shadow Wizard (and maybe others).

About undead knights - they are all the same, only have different races. When Shadow Knight could stay as he is now (maybe only give him other weapons and other shadow mount instead nightmare), Zombie Knight and Skeleton Knight should be changed.

Zombie Knight - undead horse, poisoned weapons - lance and brutal weapon like axe, rotten and rusty knight's armor and shield. Not using magic of course.
Skeletal Knight - skeletal horse, whole range of weapons, rusty knight's armor and shield. Not using magic.
Shadow Knight - shadow mount, stealth shady weapons, twilight armor. Using magic.

New Elite for Delthersam:

Emissary of Doom [E] - riding armored dark horse, it's only unit that use vorpal sword, haven't got shield(because doesn't need it  :cool: ), wear nazgul-like armored-robe with hood, shadow race. Special ability:  he is nearly immune to conventional weapons (like immortals) but have low resistance for magic.

Flesh/Bone Golem [E] - golem race, using bodyarmor and big frightening weapons slow but deadly.

Edit:

More bandit units and spawn types e.g.

Forest Bandits units: Forest Bandit>Forest Outlaw, Elven Outcast, Forest Lord [E] (as leader, appears in the number of 1 or 0)

Leader unit for all kinds of bandits: Desert Sheikh, Mountain Chieftain, Steppe Warchief, Taiga Boyar

New hostile spawns:

-Elven Outcasts
-Duergars (grey dwarves)
-Rebel Mummies
-Witches Coven (group of mage/dark cleric women units)
-Adventurers (all races&classes)
-Witchhunters
-Slavers (there are slavers troop tree from manhunters, so it's easy to do)
-Illithids (with bodyarmor, and I think they deserve quest line and few NPCs)
-Ice Devils (blazing hand and vaegirs territory)
-Black Knights (extremely powerful elite troop in twilight armor on armored warhorse)
-Demon Worshipers

Also new color for Forest Bandits, maybe bright green and for Mountain Bandits too.

KingBruceLee said:

2. More mercenaries (Amazon, Nord Corsair, Sarranid Nomad, Adventurer,  Dwarven Adventurer, Drow Pariah, Paladin Outcast, Witchhunter, Orcish Bravo)  and faction elite troops - Ridas Magocracy have 4 types of elite troops  :grin: And if we talk about mercenaries - they should be neutral to undead troops in party.

3. Unique spawns - often lead large army, have unique household troop(s) and historical background ( and pretty cool banner too  :wink: ) - I will add some unique spawns propositions in the evening.

Those ideas would make this mod almost as good as Prophesy of Pendor mod, also here's a other idea. How about adding some end game armies ( like Unique Spawns but for once you have took over the land) or a invasion round able day 300 or more of demons or a other giant evil. 

How about making some NPC lords for the phantasy factions that are not married.  I think all of the current ones start married.

mercav said:
How about making some NPC lords for the phantasy factions that are not married.  I think all of the current ones start married.
In my current game I got married with a Lich's daugther of the Undead Empire :grin: (I don't remember the name)

Lolz0soPolar said:
mercav said:
In my current game I got married with a Lich's daugther of the Undead Empire :grin: (I don't remember the name)
Marrying a lord, as opposed to a lady, has some interesting possible ramifications, some of which are impossible in the current version with fantasy lords.  Two examples are: you can only marry if you are a noble of a fantasy faction and female if an eligible lord defects to that faction; if you marry a lord then you can exchange troops both his army and his garrisons. 
The latter is why I like playing female characters in  PoP where you could marry the elf follower and steal his super units.

I love the Werewolf idea, and the unique spawn. They are both really cool, but what I'd like to see is some sort of Magical Melee people for Ridas. A branch off Apprentice Mage that goes Spell-Sword  Battlemage. So, loses the chance to get Master Mage equivalent, but gains a more durable Mage unit.

Back
Top Bottom