Suggestions about new troops and NPCs

Currently viewing this thread:

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
The household guard in Perisno is game breaking. 

They cost some cash upfront, sure, but once you are in the late game, cash flows like water.  Give them a legendary sword and shield, Fountain armor and a Weimar helmet, a darkwood bow, a dread wolf or some other beastly mount, and they can walk over everything.  And considering how generous Perisno is with stats and skills, those combat beasts will survive casualties four times out of five.

We can have 25 companions without conflicts, in Phantasy.  That is more than enough for a party of immortal, fully customisable killing machines.  I'm taking castles with 25 men, at 149% difficulty,  trivially.  I am not against other overpowered mechanics, gods know we got oodles of those, but why steal them from another mod?  If I wanted to play Perisno, I would.

Yobih

Recruit
Best answers
Add demon summoning and golem construction. Gather materials and use your magic power and engineering to create powerful golems, or devote yourself to the devil and summon powerful demons using faith and necromancy. etc etc. i want to summon a balrog!

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Best answers
Yobih said:
Add demon summoning and golem construction. Gather materials and use your magic power and engineering to create powerful golems, or devote yourself to the devil and summon powerful demons using faith and necromancy. etc etc. i want to summon a balrog!
  I want to summon balrogs too.  It should be added as reinforcements to anyone 's enemy after said person exceeds a certain amount of magic spell use/killing, as it weakens the barrier between worlds.  Balrogs should summon friends too.  And they should never, ever, accept orders from players.  There no player worthy of their service; and all humans (and related critters) are beneath them. 

But it can wait till next week.

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
gsanders said:
Yobih said:
  I want to summon balrogs too.  It should be added as reinforcements to anyone 's enemy after said person exceeds a certain amount of magic spell use/killing, as it weakens the barrier between worlds.  Balrogs should summon friends too.  And they should never, ever, accept orders from players.  There no player worthy of their service; and all humans (and related critters) are beneath them. 

I'm looking forward to Balrogs joining enemies because I've just slaughtered 1000 enemies personally.  That's nearly a thousand extra experience, right there :smile:

Speaking of which, I often do not get credit for killing Balrogs.  Sometimes they blow up, but no experience gets awarded.  I cannot tell what makes it happen, but I am still looking.  I'll let you know when I figure it it, unless you find the problem first.

Tuco

Sergeant
WB
Best answers
gsanders said:
Yobih said:

Golem creation via crafting (maybe related to Berembert?) to add soldiers to your army out of combat, and balrog summoning that you can't control in combat sounds perfect.

OldGreyBeard

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SVC
Best answers
gsanders said:

YES!! :grin: It seems like the proper price to pay for dabbling in the dark arts ... or even the light ones to a lesser extent? :???:
I can't wait to see armies of Balrogs wandering the landscape after slaughtering the profligate users of magic!! :twisted:

Morrowind Mod Man

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
Is it intended that none of the orc troops can promote into warg riders? Where are you meant to get those, and the shamans?

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
Morrowind Mod Man said:
Is it intended that none of the orc troops can promote into warg riders? Where are you meant to get those, and the shamans?
I have not played Orcs, but many other factions have elite troops that you can only recruit from cities, and only when your relationship with the faction is high enough.

So my guess is that you need to increase your relationship with the Orcs, by freeing their lords, assisting them in battle, etc. then go to Bloody Cliff and see what's available.

Wreigir

Regular
Best answers
Can Mountain Militia be Rhodok exclusive troops? Like you can only get them in a Rhodok town. Because they are very powerful.

TehGanker

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
It is possible to implement Custom Troop Tree mod ?
I mean this one:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees
Truly elegant and simple one among similar feature mods.

whydott

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
simplify the troop tree?

this is example:
cut the last branches

swap the attributes and equipments from highest to lower until the first branches

and then adjust the attributes and equipments of its trunk

I know guspav made it. It is something you may need to keep.
Its just crossed my mind when checking another mod.
Its just suggestion

Rezurect15

Recruit
Best answers
How about adding this one? I think it would be wierd that after years  of fighting together with your troops (given that most  of them survive) wont make you familiar with their names other than calling them Swadian footman or rhodok spearmen h.t.t.p.s://w w w .moddb.com/mods/persistent-troop-identities

Ford the Emolga

Recruit
Best answers
I dunno if you guys are still accepting suggestions since the mod seems to have been sorta put out to pasture, but a mounted mage unit of some kind would be nice!