SUGGESTION: Use one of [EU] TDM servers for a TDM with Friendly Fire

Users who are viewing this thread

Not much more to say from the title. The europe servers rarely get filled, leave alone having 2 servers with 100 players playing in each. Having one of those EU servers with friendly fire per default would leave room for an often flow of a more hardcore approach to melee.

1v2 and above encounters in the current TDM servers feel like being cheated sometimes. As you move or dance through the maze of enemies, they freely deliver swings carelessly hitting each others. This could be a good moment to test different grades of friendly fire as well. I haven't read through the whole sticked MP plans thread, but I believe something liek this hasn't been discussed in there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

A potential issue with the current state is that it would divide the shrinking playerbase, but thinking big in the future, this could be a good addition for a part of the mp playerbase.

I always wondered why some people want to have team damage in TDM and siege. Can you explain, why you think this is a good idea?

I totally get this for skirmish. But in TDM and siege, all you will get from that is more stabs in the back. Because people don't give a ****. They don't care about your experience, they only care about theirs.
Life as infanterist is already hard enough. No need to give the other half of the battlefield the abillity to hit me^^

EDIT:
What i could imagine is the way rainbow six handles this. Revert the damage, so that the one who didn't care kills himself. So you don't punish the wrong guys

Last edited:
I always wondered why some people want to have team damage in TDM and siege. Can you explain, why you think this is a good idea?

I totally get this for skirmish. But in TDM and siege, all you will get from that is more stabs in the back. Because people don't give a ****. They don't care about your experience, they only care about theirs.
Life as infanterist is already hard enough. No need to give the other half of the battlefield the abillity to hit me^^

EDIT:
What i could imagine is the way rainbow six handles this. Revert the damage, so that the one who didn't care kills himself. So you don't punish the wrong guys

Because worrying about not teamkilling your teammates is part of the game experience. You act as if asking for teamkill in siege or TDM is some kind of hersey.

It's more normal to assume TK is on then to assume the opposite.

Because worrying about not teamkilling your teammates is part of the game experience. You act as if asking for teamkill in siege or TDM is some kind of hersey.

Maybe this sounded harsher than intedet. I'm not totally against it, i just think, that with the current state of TDM, this will make things worse. This will mostly affect infantrie and currently, playing as such already sucks.
You already get shot/knocked down from every direction simultaniously. If your own team can also hurt you, you will die even more, without beeing able to do something against it.

I think, this will not stop people from swinging their weapons brainlessly. Have you played mordhau? There it is the same. There is always some idiot, swinging his 2 handed weapon, giving a **** if he hits his own people.

Thats why i made the suggestion with the reverted damage

Maybe this sounded harsher than intedet. I'm not totally against it, i just think, that with the current state of TDM, this will make things worse. This will mostly affect infantrie and currently, playing as such already sucks.
You already get shot/knocked down from every direction simultaniously. If your own team can also hurt you, you will die even more, without beeing able to do something against it.

I think, this will not stop people from swinging their weapons brainlessly. Have you played mordhau? There it is the same. There is always some idiot, swinging his 2 handed weapon, giving a **** if he hits his own people.

Thats why i made the suggestion with the reverted damage
Yes the revert damage system in warband worked very well. It's essential to have it right now since no self-hosted servers and no one to moderate them for abusive teamkilling.

Sure, turn on TK on all servers but implement vote kick system first, otherwise every griefer will get a boner from it when you have 0 options how to get rid off that person.
Or even better, implement auto kick with certain threshold of TKs.
Overall TK provides much better experience when people actually have to think a little bit instead of spamming attacks around without any consequences.

Well yes. Crazy that no one thought about that before! /s
One would almost think that Waband was developed by completely different company.

Last edited:
I understand what a clusterf**k having FF enabled could generate, and that's not the desireable game experience for all the players, as to me or to somebody who played less arcadeish servers in Warband and NW having no FF is as fun as pulling a teeth off sometimes. As there are usualy 2 TDM servers almost simultaniously, one could be used for a more hardcore experience.

As Younes mentioned, trying not to kill your team mates, while trying to get that sneaky guy who is fighting 3 of you is part of the game (it is in skirmish, but I refer mostly to some popular servers in Warband and NW). When having that obstacle, you have to be more clever to get to kill in those small group fights, it feels more satisfying, and it gives less of a being cheated feel when you face more than 2 enemies: right now, there's a hive of players chasing 1 down, and swinging brainlessly hitting each others in any TDM server. Part of meleeing is knowing how to dance through enemies to expose them to your advantage when outnumbered.

There's this discussion of griefers and trolls hitting team mates. That's an existing problem already, and in this thread I won't suggest a way of dealing with it besides what's been told (damage reflection; automatic tk-kick are the usual ones under the ff idea), as others can do it better than me and using a different thread for it. Moreover, the idea of griefers ruining a new feature or suggestion will always be there, but that shouldn't stop new servers to pop out. I haven't seen if it happens in skirmish as often.

I would actually play TDM a little more often if there was some friendly fire, most games just boil down to one team roaming in a massive cluster **** that you can't kill because they will swing through each other.

Back
Top Bottom