SP - World Map [Suggestion] Unique locations with unique encounters/rewards (like in Viking Conquest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Pretty much thread title (also I'm sure something similar has been suggested at some point, but I thought I'd put my spin on the idea).

Honestly, numerous years in the making and this idea wasn't though of to be of interest for Bannerlord? Especially when there's so much interesting background story/lore to tell? This would've been the perfect opportunity.

- How about an abandoned ruined Imperial fort in Battanian lands (talked about in the already existing in-game lore), inhabited by some stronger-than-usual bandits, once defeated rewarding the player with some unique equipment?
- How about a Nord raider camp on the northern coast of Sturgia, where you can sell prisoners for a much higher price than usual, or decide to wipe out the Nord raiders and be rewarded with a massive reputation boost with nearby Sturgian settlements and some unique Nord gear?
- How about a Jawwal trading post in the southernmost parts of the Aserai deserts, which offers some unique equipment/trade goods for sale for very high prices not found anywhere else?
- How about the abandoned ruins of an Imperial town being used as a base of operations for a large number of Imperial deserters. Providing you with trade opportunities aswell as a source of recruitment of Imperial recruits, or a large encounter allowing you access to their equipment and loot?
And so much more.

There are so many things you can just make up out of thin air because this is a historically inspired fictional universe, and make it good, interesting and fun for us to engage with, it would make the campaign map of Calradia feel more alive and make it much more interesting.
It would also offer a sense of direction for more experienced players when creating a new game, if they've figured out how to deal with said encounters early on, instead of the usual tournament-hunting and betting all your denars.

Last edited:
Yep, I like it. Of course something like this may well be in the pipeline already...I hope so. I use to love this feature in VC. Used to love going after that unique sword in the old ruins. Some of those locations were quite hard to handle. ?

+1
Having more things to interract with on the campaign map should be very cool.
Actually there's not many things to do, especially if you're not at war.

Could be very cool to add such features.

+1. Definitely agree.

Viking Conquest is a good improvement over Warband and can be a beneficial lesson for Bannerlord too.

I'm thinking about letting the bandits taking over old ruined fortifications, as a more defensible hideout , when they are strong enough. Which could become a mini siege for the player to fight in early game or during peace time. Imagine that after running amok for sometime, the number of bandits and their plundered wealth reach a certain threshold, a BANDIT LORD appears and rallies his brethrens, taking over an old imperial fort in the mountain, plotting to become something bigger...

Of course something like this may well be in the pipeline already...I hope so
Maybe, but in this thread here there doesn't seem to be any mention of anything of the like in the works, unfortunately: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ing-plans-for-singleplayer-and-engine.422296/

I think this would be one of the most important pieces of content that TW can focus on to implement into the Singleplayer in order to make the world feel much more alive and exciting, which is why I believe we should push for this idea as hard as we can. If nothing happens, I'm sure some ambitious modders will get around to implementing things like this eventually, although I always prefer if it would be part of the core game.

+1. Definitely agree.

Viking Conquest is a good improvement over Warband and can be a beneficial lesson for Bannerlord too.

I'm thinking about letting the bandits taking over old ruined fortifications, as a more defensible hideout , when they are strong enough. Which could become a mini siege for the player to fight in early game or during peace time. Imagine that after running amok for sometime, the number of bandits and their plundered wealth reach a certain threshold, a BANDIT LORD appears and rallies his brethrens, taking over an old imperial fort in the mountain, plotting to become something bigger...
Love that idea!

Back
Top Bottom