[Suggestion] Transfer certain game values from old Savegame to new Savegame after update

Users who are viewing this thread

I really appreciate the frequent updates and understand why starting over after each update might be necessary, but it would be great if there would be anything persistent across the many, many abandoned campaigns.

May be at least character stats which might only require transferring values from save to save.

I really appreciate the frequent updates and understand why starting over after each update might be necessary, but I want to play this game so bad and keep at least my characters stats or any kind of progression possible, so there is at least something persistent across the many, many abandoned campaigns.

May be at least character stats which might only require transferring values from save to save.
Here ya go https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/16

Thanks but this is really a suggestion for the devs to integrate some kind of import function for character stats or whatever progression might be possible to transfer. Besides that the Mod you linked seems pretty bugged.
Ive been using it for a few days and seems to work fine. But yeah i hope the devs bring back the import/export system they had in warband

Import/Export character like in Warband would be great, but you do know that all the patches so far have been savegame-compatible, right? You don't need to start fresh every time until a major update comes out

...but you do know that all the patches so far have been savegame-compatible, right?
What, really?? My google searches yielded a lot of complaints about crashes when loading old saves into a newer game and the Devs said they will try to assure savegame compatibility but it might not always be possible. Is there a statement I have missed that says they are indeed compatible? That would be great!

What, really?? My google searches yielded a lot of complaints about crashes when loading old saves into a newer game and the Devs said they will try to assure savegame compatibility but it might not always be possible. Is there a statement I have missed that says they are indeed compatible? That would be great!
I just loaded save from my very first playthrough of bannerlord, on release day. It worked. It's not guaranteed to work, but so far it mostly works and trying to guarantee that saves will work would be a waste of devs time, especially since they usually do without the guarantee.

I started 3 new sessions since release, played quite some hours with 3 or 4 different patches in one
and never got a crash (well once, but that was because of the mod that gave me tourney-experience before the patch did).

Thanks for your input, guys! But I think I'll rather switch to a version on steam beta tab that works well and keep on playing until there is an update with indispensable improvements. I also believe that savegames can be played despite the "different modules" warning, but there's a chance that something (not immediately noticable) breaks.

Back
Top Bottom